The Excellence in Research for Australia Scheme: An Evaluation of the Draft Journal Weights for Economics
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Christian Zimmermann, 2013. "Academic Rankings with RePEc," Econometrics, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 1(3), pages 1-32, December.
- Kodrzycki Yolanda K. & Yu Pingkang, 2006. "New Approaches to Ranking Economics Journals," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-44, August.
- Ian King, 2002.
"Quality versus quantity: Ranking research records of economics departments in New Zealand,"
New Zealand Economic Papers,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(1), pages 97-112.
- Ian King, 2001. "Quality versus quantity: Ranking research records of economics departments in New Zealand," New Zealand Economic Papers, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(2), pages 240-252.
- Towe, Jack B & Wright, Donald J, 1995. "Research Published by Australian Economics and Econometrics Departments: 1988-93," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 71(212), pages 8-17, March.
- Frank Neri & Joan R. Rodgers, 2006. "Ranking Australian Economics Departments by Research Productivity," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 82(s1), pages 74-84, September.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P. Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2003.
"Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1346-1366, December.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2001. "Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics," Discussion Papers in Economics 01/8, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Liebowitz, S J & Palmer, J P, 1984. "Assessing the Relative Impacts of Economic Journals," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 22(1), pages 77-88, March.
- Gaines Liner & Minesh Amin, 2004. "Methods of ranking economics journals," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 32(2), pages 140-149, June.
- John Gibson, 2000. "Research productivity in New Zealand university economics departments: Comment and update," New Zealand Economic Papers, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(1), pages 73-87.
- Abbott, M. & Doucouliagos, C., 2003. "The efficiency of Australian universities: a data envelopment analysis," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 89-97, February.
- Sinha, Dipendra & Macri, Joseph & McAleer, Michael, 2007. "On the Robustness of Alternative Rankings Methodologies: Australian and New Zealand Economics Departments, 1988-2002," MPRA Paper 2881, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yolanda Kodrzycki & Pingkang David Yu, 2005. "New approaches to ranking economics journals," Working Papers 05-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:1:y:2004:i:4:p:1-19 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Anderson & John Tressler, 2008. "Research output in New Zealand economics departments 2000-2006: A stock approach," New Zealand Economic Papers, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 155-189.
- Kalaitzidakis, Pantelis & Mamuneas, Theofanis P. & Stengos, Thanasis, 1999. "European economics: An analysis based on publications in the core journals," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 1150-1168, April.
- Richard Pomfret & Liang Choon Wang, 2003. "Evaluating The Research Output Of Australian Universities' Economics Departments," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(4), pages 418-441, December.
- Joseph Macri & Dipendra Sinha, 2010.
"How much influence do economics professors have on rankings? The case of Australia and New Zealand,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(12), pages 1559-1567.
- Sinha, Dipendra & Macri, Joseph, 2007. "How Much Influence Do Economics Professors Have on Rankings? The Case of Australia and New Zealand," MPRA Paper 2885, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jin, Jang C. & Hong, Jin-Heon, 2008. "East Asian rankings of economics departments," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 74-82, February.
- David L. Anderson & John Tressler, 2008. "Research Output in New Zealand Economics Department 2000-2006," Working Papers in Economics 08/05, University of Waikato.
- Joseph Macri & Dipendra Sinha, 2004. "Rankings of Economists in Teaching Economics Departments in Australia, 1988-2000," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 1(4), pages 1-19.
- Joseph Macri & Dipendra Sinha, 2006. "Rankings Methodology for International Comparisons of Institutions and Individuals: an Application to Economics in Australia and New Zealand," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 111-156, February.
- Joan R. Rodgers & Abbas Valadkhani, 2006. "A Multidimensional Ranking of Australian Economics Departments," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 82(256), pages 30-43, March.
- Joseph Macri & Michael McAleer & Dipendra Sinha, 2010. "On the robustness of alternative rankings methodologies: Australian and New Zealand economics departments, 1988 to 2002," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(10), pages 1257-1268.
- Joan R. Rodgers & Frank Neri, 2007. "Research Productivity Of Australian Academic Economists: Human-Capital And Fixed Effects ," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(1), pages 67-87, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David L. Anderson & John Tressler, 2010. "The Merits of Using Citation-Based Journal Weighting Schemes to Measure Research Performance in Economics: The Case of New Zealand," Working Papers in Economics 10/03, University of Waikato.
More about this item
Keywordseconomics departments; university rankings; research output; ERA;
- A19 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Other
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wai:econwp:09/07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Brian Silverstone). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dewaknz.html .