Scientific, business and political networks in academia
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Levin, Sharon G & Stephan, Paula E, 1991. "Research Productivity over the Life Cycle: Evidence for Academic Scientists," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 114-132, March.
- Beckmann, Martin J, 1994. "On Knowledge Networks in Science: Collaboration among Equals," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 28(3), pages 233-242, September.
- Borooah, Vani K, 1994. "Modelling Institutional Behaviour: A Microeconomic Analysis of University Management," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 81(1-2), pages 101-124, October.
- Graves, Philip E & Marchand, James R & Thompson, Randal, 1982. "Economics Departmental Rankings: Research Incentives, Constraints, and Efficiency," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(5), pages 1131-1141, December.
- Fox, Kevin J & Milbourne, Ross, 1999. "What Determines Research Output of Academic Economists?," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 75(230), pages 256-267, September.
- Stephan, Paula E., 2010.
"The Economics of Science,"
Handbook of the Economics of Innovation,
- Paula E. Stephan, 1996. "The Economics of Science," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(3), pages 1199-1235, September.
- Arthur M. Diamond, 1993. "Economic Explanations of the Behaviour of Universities and Scholars," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 20(4/5), pages 107-133, September.
- Granger, Clive W.J., 1997. "The ET Interview: Professor Clive Granger," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(02), pages 253-303, April.
- Bruno S. Frey & Reiner Eichenberger, 1993. "American and European Economics and Economists," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 185-193, Fall.
- Jerry G. Thursby, 2000. "What Do We Say about Ourselves and What Does It Mean? Yet Another Look at Economics Department Research," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 38(2), pages 383-404, June.
- Carmichael, H Lorne, 1988. "Incentives in Academics: Why Is There Tenure?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(3), pages 453-472, June.
- Adams, James D, 1990. "Fundamental Stocks of Knowledge and Productivity Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(4), pages 673-702, August.
- Stephan, Paula E & Levin, Sharon G, 1996. "Property Rights and Entrepreneurship in Science," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 177-188, June.
- Gordon Tullock, 1993. "Are Scientists Different?," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 20(4/5), pages 90-106, September.
- Faria, Joao Ricardo, 1998. "The Economics of Witchcraft and the Big Eye Effect," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(4), pages 537-546. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)