The scholarly output of economists: A description of publishing patterns
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David N. Laband & Robert D. Tollison, 2000. "Intellectual Collaboration," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(3), pages 632-661, June.
- Michael G. Baumann & Gregory J. Werden & Michael A. Williams, 1987. "Rankings of Economics Departments by Field," The American Economist, Sage Publications, vol. 31(1), pages 56-61, March.
- David N. Laband, 1985. "A Ranking of the Top Canadian Economics Departments by Research Productivity of Graduates," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 18(4), pages 904-907, November.
- Broder, Ivy E, 1993. "Professional Achievements and Gender Differences among Academic Economists," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 31(1), pages 116-127, January.
- Medoff, Marshall H. & Skov, I. Lee, 1990. "Ratings of women economists by citations," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 81-88, February.
- Graves, Philip E & Marchand, James R & Thompson, Randal, 1982. "Economics Departmental Rankings: Research Incentives, Constraints, and Efficiency," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(5), pages 1131-1141, December.
- McDowell, John M & Smith, Janet Kiholm, 1992. "The Effect of Gender-Sorting on Propensity to Coauthor: Implications for Academic Promotion," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 30(1), pages 68-82, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard V. Adkisson, 2010. "Reptilian Economists of the World Unite: A Tolerance Manifesto," The American Economist, Sage Publications, vol. 55(2), pages 14-23, November.
- Raúl Ramos & Vicente Royuela & Jordi Suriñach, 2007.
"An analysis of the determinants in Economics and Business publications by Spanish universities between 1994 and 2004,"
Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 71(1), pages 117-144, April.
- Raul Ramos & Vicente Royuela & Jordi Suriñach, 2006. "An analysis of the determinants in economics and business publications by spanish universities between 1994 and 2004," IREA Working Papers 200602, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Dec 2006.
- Hilmer, Michael J. & Hilmer, Christiana E., 2011. "Is it where you go or who you know? On the relationship between students, Ph.D. program quality, dissertation advisor prominence, and early career publishing success," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 991-996, October.
- repec:spr:scient:v:85:y:2010:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-010-0286-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jorge Brusa & Michael Carter & George Heilman, 2010. "Academic content, research productivity, and tenure," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 34(1), pages 46-60, January.
- repec:spr:scient:v:74:y:2008:i:1:d:10.1007_s11192-008-0109-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rogge, Nicky & De Witte, Kristof, 2009.
"To publish or not to publish? On the aggregation and drivers of research performance,"
2009/42, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
- De Witte, K. & Rogge, N., 2010. "To publish or not to publish? On the aggregation and drivers of research performance," Working Papers 33, Top Institute for Evidence Based Education Research.
- Hilmer, Michael J. & Hilmer, Christiana E., 2006. "Women Helping Women in Agricultural Economics? Same-Gender Mentoring and Early Career Research Productivity for Agricultural Economics Ph.D.s," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21067, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:atlecj:v:29:y:2001:i:3:p:341-349. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.