Women Helping Women in Agricultural Economics? Same-Gender Mentoring and Early Career Research Productivity for Agricultural Economics Ph.D.s
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Buchmueller, Thomas C. & Dominitz, Jeff & Lee Hansen, W., 1999. "Graduate training and the early career productivity of Ph.D. economists," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 65-77, February.
- Matthew J. Cushing & Mary G. McGarvey, 2004. "Sample Selection in Models of Academic Performance," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 42(2), pages 319-322, April.
- David Neumark & Rosella Gardecki, 1998.
"Women Helping Women? Role Model and Mentoring Effects on Female Ph.D. Students in Economics,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 33(1), pages 220-246.
- David Neumark & Rosella Gardecki, 1996. "Women Helping Women? Role-Model and Mentoring Effects on Female Ph.D. Student in Economics," NBER Working Papers 5733, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sauer, Raymond D, 1988. "Estimates of the Returns to Quality and Coauthorship in Economic Academia," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(4), pages 855-866, August.
- Alan B. Krueger & Stephen Wu, 2000. "Forecasting Job Placements of Economics Graduate Students," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(1), pages 81-94, December.
- Collins, Jeffery T & Cox, Richard Guy & Stango, Victor, 2000. "The Publishing Patterns of Recent Economics Ph.D. Recipients," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 38(2), pages 358-367, April.
- Orr, Daniel, 1993. "Reflections on the Hiring of Faculty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 39-43, May.
- Hilmer, Christiana E. & Hilmer, Michael J., 2003. "A Descriptive And Econometric Analysis Of Annual Salaries, Gender, Experience, And Peer-Reviewed Publication Histories Within Top-Ranked Agricultural Economics Programs," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22053, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Moore, William J & Newman, Robert J & Turnbull, Geoffrey K, 1998. "Do Academic Salaries Decline with Seniority?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(2), pages 352-366, April.
- Christiana E. Hilmer & Michael J. Hilmer, 2005. "How Do Journal Quality, Co-Authorship, and Author Order Affect Agricultural Economists' Salaries?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(2), pages 509-523.
- Tom Coupé, 2003. "Revealed Performances: Worldwide Rankings of Economists and Economics Departments, 1990-2000," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1309-1345, December.
- repec:oup:revage:v:28:y:2006:i:1:p:147-163. is not listed on IDEAS
- Joe Davis & John Huston & Debra Patterson, 2001. "The scholarly output of economists: A description of publishing patterns," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 29(3), pages 341-349, September.
- Perry, Gregory M., 1996. "Exploring The Role Of Mentoring In Agricultural Economics Ph.D. Training," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 21(01), July.
- Wendy A. Stock & John J. Siegfried, 2006.
"The Labor Market for New Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics Ph.D.s,"
Review of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 28(1), pages 147-163.
- Wendy A. Stock & John J. Siegfried, 2006. "The Labor Market for New Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics Ph.D.s," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 28(1), pages 147-163.
- Wendy A. Stock & John J. Siegfried, 2005. "The Labor Market for New Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics Ph.D.s," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0504, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- C. M. Gempesaw II & G. J. Elterich, 1989. "The Importance of International Students in the Academic Market for Agricultural Economists," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 71(2), pages 275-279.
- Donna K. Ginther & Shulamit Kahn, 2004. "Women in Economics: Moving Up or Falling Off the Academic Career Ladder?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 18(3), pages 193-214, Summer.
- Timothy D. Hoga, 1981. "Faculty Research Activity and the Quality of Graduate Training," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 16(3), pages 400-415.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea06:21067. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.