An Analysis of the Journal Article Output of Irish-based Economists, 1970 to 2001
This paper provides, for the first time, a comprehensive analysis of the journal article output of Irish-based economists over a thirty-year period. Using EconLit data, and supplementing where necessary, we provide details of the journals wherein Irish-based economists have published, provide details of the publishing histories of high volume publishers and discuss the evolving productivity profile of Irish-based economists. Our evidence shows that in general Irish-based economists have greatly increased the levels of output in the 1990s, but that this may have been at the expense of quality.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sauer, Raymond D, 1988. "Estimates of the Returns to Quality and Coauthorship in Economic Academia," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(4), pages 855-66, August.
- Pierre-Philippe COMBES & Laurent LINNEMER, 2001.
"La publication d'articles de recherche en économie en France,"
Annales d'Economie et de Statistique,
ENSAE, issue 62, pages 5-47.
- Pierre-Philippe Combes & Laurent Linnemer, 1999. "La publication d’articles de recherche en économie en France," Working Papers 99-68, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Kalaitzidakis, Pantelis & Mamuneas, Theofanis P. & Stengos, Thanasis, 1999. "European economics: An analysis based on publications in the core journals," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 1150-1168, April.
- Joao Ricardo Faria, 2000. "The Research Output of Academic Economists in Brazil," Working Paper Series 100, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Laband, David N & Piette, Michael J, 1994. "The Relative Impacts of Economics Journals: 1970-1990," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(2), pages 640-66, June.
- Graves, Philip & Marchand, James & Thompson, Randall, 1984. "Economics Departmental Rankings: Reply and Errata [Economics Departmental Rankings: Research Incentives, Constraints, and Efficiency]," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(4), pages 834-36, September.
- Chung, Kee H & Cox, Raymond A K, 1990. " Patterns of Productivity in the Finance Literature: A Study of the Bibliometric Distributions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 301-09, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eso:journl:v:34:y:2003:i:2:p:109-143. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Frank Walsh)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.