Centres of Research Excellence in Economics in the Republic of Ireland
Using publication, citation and h-numbers from the Scopus and Web of Science databases, we find that research output and academic influence of economists in the Republic of Ireland are heavily skewed by researcher and by institution. A subset of the results is confirmed by similar analyses based on EconLit, Google Scholar and IDEAS/REPEC. The analysis shows that while one university dominates in terms of numbers of economists, the more productive and most cited Irish research economists are spread across a range of institutions that are heavily concentrated in the Greater Dublin Area.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Henrekson, Magnus & Waldenström, Daniel, 2007.
"How Should Research Performance be Measured? A Study of Swedish Economists,"
Working Paper Series
712, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 08 Nov 2007.
- Magnus Henrekson & Daniel Waldenström, 2011. "How Should Research Performance Be Measured? A Study Of Swedish Economists," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 79(6), pages 1139-1156, December.
- Henrekson, Magnus & Waldenström, Daniel, 2008. "How Should Research Performance Be Measured? A Study of Swedish Economists," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 693, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Tom Coupé & Patrick Paul Walsh, 2003. "Quality Based Rankings of Irish Economists 1990-2000," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 34(2), pages 145-149.
- Michel Lubrano & Luc Bauwens & Alan Kirman & Camelia Protopopescu, 2003.
"Ranking Economics Departments in Europe: A Statistical Approach,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1367-1401, December.
- BAUWENS, Luc & KIRMAN, Alan & LUBRANO, Michel & PROTOPOPESCU, Camelia, 2003. "Ranking economics departments in Europe: a statistical approach," CORE Discussion Papers 2003050, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- BAUWENS, Luc & KIRMAN, Alan & LUBRANO, Michel & PROTOPOPESCU, Camelia, "undated". "Ranking economics departments in Europe: a statistical approach," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1694, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Reiner Eichenberger & Bruno S. Frey, "undated". "Europe's Eminent Economists: A Quantitative Analysis," IEW - Working Papers 057, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Howard Bodenhorn, 2003. "Economic Scholarship at Elite Liberal Arts Colleges: A Citation Analysis with Rankings," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(4), pages 341-359, December.
- Anne-Wil Harzing, 2005. "Australian Research Output in Economics and Business: High Volume, Low Impact?," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 30(2), pages 183-200, December.
- J. Peter Neary & James A. Mirrlees & Jean Tirole, 2003. "Evaluating Economics Research in Europe: An Introduction," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1239-1249, December.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P. Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2003.
"Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1346-1366, December.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2001. "Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics," Discussion Papers in Economics 01/8, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Pierre-Philippe Combes & Laurent Linnemer, 2003. "Where are the Economists Who Publish? Publication Concentration and Rankings in Europe Based on Cumulative Publications," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1250-1308, December.
- Alan Barrett & Brian Lucey, 2003. "An Analysis of the Journal Article Output of Irish-based Economists, 1970 to 2001," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 34(2), pages 109-143.
- Kodrzycki Yolanda K. & Yu Pingkang, 2006. "New Approaches to Ranking Economics Journals," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-44, August.
- Yolanda Kodrzycki & Pingkang David Yu, 2005. "New approaches to ranking economics journals," Working Papers 05-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eso:journl:v:38:y:2007:i:3:p:289-322. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Martina Lawless)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.