How Should Research Performance Be Measured? A Study of Swedish Economists
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Magnus Henrekson & Daniel Waldenström, 2011. "How Should Research Performance Be Measured? A Study Of Swedish Economists," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 79(6), pages 1139-1156, December.
- Henrekson, Magnus & Waldenström, Daniel, 2007. "How Should Research Performance be Measured? A Study of Swedish Economists," Working Paper Series 712, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 22 Oct 2009.
References listed on IDEAS
- David N. Laband & Robert D. Tollison, 2003. "Dry Holes in Economic Research," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(2), pages 161-173, May.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P. Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2003.
"Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1346-1366, December.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2001. "Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics," Discussion Papers in Economics 01/8, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Michel Lubrano & Luc Bauwens & Alan Kirman & Camelia Protopopescu, 2003.
"Ranking Economics Departments in Europe: A Statistical Approach,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1367-1401, December.
- BAUWENS, Luc & KIRMAN, Alan & LUBRANO, Michel & PROTOPOPESCU, Camelia, 2003. "Ranking economics departments in Europe: a statistical approach," CORE Discussion Papers 2003050, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- BAUWENS, Luc & KIRMAN, Alan & LUBRANO, Michel & PROTOPOPESCU, Camelia, 2003. "Ranking economics departments in Europe: a statistical approach," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1694, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Richard Dusansky & Clayton J. Vernon, 1998. "Rankings of U.S. Economics Departments," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 157-170, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:scient:v:101:y:2014:i:1:d:10.1007_s11192-014-1379-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Müller, Harry, 2012. "Die Zitationshäufigkeit als Qualitätsindikator im Rahmen der Forschungsleistungsmessung," Discussion Papers of the Institute for Organisational Economics 1/2012, University of Münster, Institute for Organisational Economics.
- Rosalind S Hunter, 2009. "The Elite Brain Drain," Working Papers id:2048, eSocialSciences.
- Di Vaio, Gianfranco & Waldenström, Daniel & Weisdorf, Jacob, 2012.
"Citation success: Evidence from economic history journal publications,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 92-104.
- Gianfranco Di Vaio & Daniel Waldenström & Jacob Weisdorf, 2009. "Citation Success: Evidence from Economic History Journal Publications," Discussion Papers 10-01, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Gianfranco Di Vaio & Daniel Waldenström & Jacob Weisdorf, 2011. "Citation Success: Evidence from Economic History Journal Publications," Working Papers 0017, Utrecht University, Centre for Global Economic History.
- Waldenström, Daniel & Di Vaio, Gianfranco & Weisdorf, Jacob, 2010. "Citation Success: Evidence from Economic History Journal Publications," Working Paper Series 819, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 20 Oct 2010.
- Frances P. Ruane & Richard S.J. Tol, 2007.
"Centres of Research Excellence in Economics in the Republic of Ireland,"
The Economic and Social Review,
Economic and Social Studies, vol. 38(3), pages 289-322.
- Frances Ruane & Richard S.J. Tol, 2007. "Centres of Research Excellence in Economics in the Republic of Ireland," Papers WP180, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- John Tressler & David L. Anderson, 2012. "Citations as a Measure of the Research Outputs of New Zealand's Economics Departments: The Problem of 'Long and Variable Lags'," Agenda - A Journal of Policy Analysis and Reform, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics, vol. 19(1), pages 17-40.
- Matthias Meyer & Rüdiger W. Waldkirch & Michael A. Zaggl, 2012. "Relative Performance Measurement of Researchers: The Impact of Data Source Selection," Schmalenbach Business Review (sbr), LMU Munich School of Management, vol. 64(4), pages 308-330, October.
- Stelios Katranidis & Theodore Panagiotidis & Costas Zontanos, 2014.
"An Evaluation Of The Greek Universities’ Economics Departments,"
Bulletin of Economic Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 66(2), pages 173-182, April.
- Stelios Katranidis & Theodore Panagiotidis & Costas Zontanos, 2012. "An Evaluation of the Greek Universities Economics Departments," Working Paper series 03_12, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Stelios Katranidis & Theodore Panagiotidis & Costas Zontanos, 2012. "An evaluation of the Greek Universities Economics Departments," Discussion Paper Series 2012_01, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Jan 2012.
- David L. Anderson & John Tressler, 2011. "The Merits of Using Citations to Measure Research Output in Economics Departments: The New Zealand Case," Working Papers in Economics 11/11, University of Waikato.
- Seiler, Christian & Wohlrabe, Klaus, 2012.
"Ranking economists on the basis of many indicators: An alternative approach using RePEc data,"
Journal of Informetrics,
Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 389-402.
- Christian Seiler & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2011. "Ranking Economists on the Basis of Many Indicators: An Alternative Approach Using RePEc Data," CESifo Working Paper Series 3691, CESifo Group Munich.
- Christian Seiler & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2011. "Ranking Economists and Economic Institutions Using RePEc: Some Remarks," ifo Working Paper Series 96, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Raquel Carrasco & Javier Ruiz-Castillo, 2014.
"The Evolution Of The Scientific Productivity Of Highly Productive Economists,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Carrasco, Raquel & Ruiz-Castillo, Javier, 2012. "The evolution of the scientific productivity of highly productive economist," UC3M Working papers. Economics we1216, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Seyed Reza Mirnezami & Catherine Beaudry, 2016. "The effect of holding a research chair on scientists’ productivity," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 107(2), pages 399-454, May.
- David L. Anderson & John Tressler, 2010. "The Merits of Using Citation-Based Journal Weighting Schemes to Measure Research Performance in Economics: The Case of New Zealand," Working Papers in Economics 10/03, University of Waikato.
More about this item
KeywordsImpact of research; Ranking; Research productivity; Bibliometrics; Impact Factor;
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-03-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2008-03-08 (Education)
- NEP-EFF-2008-03-08 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-HRM-2008-03-08 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-IPR-2008-03-08 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-SOG-2008-03-08 (Sociology of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:hastef:0693. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helena Lundin). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/erhhsse.html .