Capital specificity, imperfect labor mobility and growth in developing economies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit, 2007.
"Foreign capital, welfare and urban unemployment in the presence of agricultural dualism,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, pages 149-165.
- Sarbajit Chaudhuri, 2005. "Foreign Capital, Welfare And Urban Unemployment In The Presence Of Agricultural Dualism," International Trade 0510010, EconWPA.
- Gu Wei & Shigemi Yabuuchi, 2006. "Imperfect Labor Mobility and Unemployment in a Dual Economy," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(4), pages 698-708, September.
- Batra, Raveendra N & Naqvi, Nadeem, 1987. "Urban Unemployment and the Gains from Trade," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 54(215), pages 381-395, August.
- John Whalley & Shunming Zhang, 2011.
"A Numerical Simulation Analysis Of (Hukou) Labour Mobility Restrictions In China,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: China's Integration Into The World Economy, chapter 11, pages 295-324
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Whalley, John & Zhang, Shunming, 2007. "A numerical simulation analysis of (Hukou) labour mobility restrictions in China," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 392-410, July.
- Nguyen, Binh T. & Albrecht, James W. & Vroman, Susan B. & Westbrook, M. Daniel, 2007.
"A quantile regression decomposition of urban-rural inequality in Vietnam,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 466-490.
- Binh Nguyen & James Albrecht & Susan Vroman & Daniel Westbrook, 2003. "A Quantile Regression Decomposition of Urban-Rural Inequality in Vietnam," Working Papers gueconwpa~03-03-31, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Beladi, Hamid & Yabuuchi, Shigemi, 2001. "Tariff-induced capital inflow and welfare in the presence of unemployment and informal sector," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 51-60, January.
- Corden, W M & Findlay, Ronald, 1975. "Urban Unemployment, Intersectoral Capital Mobility and Development Policy," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 42(165), pages 59-78, February.
- Ronald W. Jones, 1965. "The Structure of Simple General Equilibrium Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 557-557.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1974. "Alternative Theories of Wage Determination and Unemployment in LDC's: The Labor Turnover Model," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 88(2), pages 194-227.
- Marjit, Sugata & Beladi, Hamid, 2003. "Possibility or impossibility of paradoxes in the small country Harris-Todaro framework: a unifying analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 379-385, October.
- Bosch, Mariano & Maloney, William, 2005. "Labor market dynamics in developing countries: comparative analysis using continuous time Markov processes," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3583, The World Bank.
- Gilbert, John & Tower, Edward, 2002. "Protectionism, labor mobility, and immiserizing growth in developing economies," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 135-140, March.
- Choi, Jai-Young & Yu, Eden S. H. & Jin, Jang C., 2002. "Technical progress, urban unemployment, outputs, and welfare under variable returns to scale," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 411-425.
- F. R. Casas, 1984. "Imperfect Factor Mobility: A Generalization and Synthesis of Two-Sector Models of International Trade," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 17(4), pages 747-761, November.
- Schweinberger, Albert G., 1979. "The theory of factor price differentials : The case of constant absolute differentials," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 95-115, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Beladi, Hamid & Chao, Chi-Chur, 2010. "Downsizing, wage inequality and welfare in a developing economy," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(4), pages 224-228, December.
- Hamid Beladi & Sugata Marjit & Xinpeng Xu, 2011. "Protection, Involuntary Self‐Employment And Welfare," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 62(2), pages 184-195, June.
- Pi Jiancai & Yin Jun, 2016. "Privatization, Unemployment, and Welfare in the Harris-Todaro Model with a Mixed Duopoly," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 16(4), pages 1-12, October.
- Beladi, Hamid & Marjit, Sugata & Broll, Udo, 2011. "Capital mobility, skill formation and polarization," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 1902-1906, July.
- Hamid Beladi & Chi-Chur Chao & Daniel Hollas, 2013. "Does globalization weaken labor unions in developing countries?," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(4), pages 562-571, June.
- Hamid Beladi & Chi-chur Chao & Daniel Hollas, 2011. "Fair wages, Urban Unemployment and Welfare in a Developing Economy," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(1), pages 273-285.
- Beladi, Hamid & Marjit, Sugata & Weiher, Kenneth, 2011. "An analysis of the demand for skill in a growing economy," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 1471-1474, July.
More about this item
KeywordsLabor mobility Transition Urban unemployment Capital accumulation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:reveco:v:18:y:2009:i:1:p:113-122. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620165 .