Southern Regional Science Association
The Review of Regional Studies
2014, Volume 44, Issue 3
- 221-222 Special Issue on Spatial Econometrics: An Editorial Note
by Guiseppe Arbia & Gianfranco Piras & Ingmar Prucha
- 223-240 Forecasting U.S. State-Level Carbon Dioxide Emissions
by J. Wesley Burnett & Xueting Zhao
- 241-262 Spillover Effects on Homicides across Mexican Municipalities: A Spatial Regime Model Approach
by Miguel Flores & Eduardo Rodriguez-Oreggia
- 263-279 Regional Economic Output and Public Surface Transportation Infrastructure: A Spatial Granger Approach
by Zhenhua Chen & Kingsley B. Haynes
2014, Volume 44, Issue 2
- 111-123 Square Dancing with the Stars to Enhance Dynamic Hirschman Linkages?
by Michael L. Lahr
- 125-152 Explaining Canadian Regional Wage Relativities
by Ian G. Cahill & Michael Gager
- 153-176 Market Reach for Retail Services
by Johan Klaesson & Özge Öner
- 177-209 A Regional Model of Growth Oriented Fiscal Policy: An Application to Georgia and Its Competitor States
by Jeffrey Condon & Andrew Feltenstein & Florenz Plassman & Mark Rider & David L. Sjoquist
2014, Volume 44, Issue 1
- 1-12 Assessing Regional Quality of Life: A Call for Action in Regional Science
by Dan S. Rickman
- 13-32 What Regional Scientists Need to Know about Spatial Econometrics
by James P. LeSage
- 33-59 Returns to Education across the Urban-Rural Hierarchy
by Mikaela Backman
- 61-74 A Note on the Effects of Popular Music Concerts on Hospitality Sales: The Case of Waterfront Concerts in Bangor, Maine
by Todd M. Gabe & Nicholas A. Lisac
- 75-100 On the Macroeconomic Impact of a Regional Development Policy with Endogenous Residential Choice
by Juntip Boonprakaikawe & Frédéric Tournemaine
2013, Volume 43, Issue 2,3
- 97-110 America’s Job Crisis and the Role of Regional Economic Development Policy
by Mark D. Partridge
- 111-129 Are There Key Sectors? An Appraisal Using Applied General Equilibrium
by M. Alejandro Cardenete & M. Carmen Lima & Ferran Sancho
- 131-154 Computational Issues in the Estimation of the Spatial Probit Model: A Comparison of Various Estimators
by Anna Gloria Billé
- 155-173 If You Build it, Will They Come?: Fiscal Federalism, Local Provision of Public Tourist Amenities, and the Vision Iowa Fund
by Deepak Premkumar & Austin Quackenbush & Georgeanne Artz & Peter Orazem
- 175-190 Exploring Patterns in ICT Growth and Development in Africa: A Kohonen Map Analysis
by Olumayokun Soremekun & Charles A. Malgwi
- 191-212 Investment in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT): The Role of Geographic Distance and Industry Proximity
by Oliviero A. Carboni
- 213-238 Revisiting Evidence of Labor Market Discrimination against Homosexuals and the Effects of Anti-Discriminatory Laws
by David Christafore & J. Sebastian Leguizamon
2013, Volume 43, Issue 1
- 1-22 Should Oklahoma Be More Like Texas? A Taxing Decision
by Dan S. Rickman
- 23-50 Rural Income Inequality in Mozambique: National Dynamics and Local Experiences?
by Julie A. Silva
- 51-80 The Determinants of Credit Allocations in a Market-based Trading System: Evidence from the RECLAIM Program
by Antonio M. Bento & Emeric Henry & Scott E. Lowe
- 81-96 The Responsiveness of Tax Lien Investors in English Auctions to Matching Rules: Evidence from Illinois
by Joshua J. Miller & Silda Nikaj
2012, Volume 42, Issue 3
- 185-206 Economic Growth and Tax and Expenditure Limitations
by Lindsay N. Amiel & Steven Deller & Judith I. Stallman
- 207-221 An LP-SAM Approach for Examining Regional Economic Impacts: An Application to Wildfire Disasters in Southeast Oregon
by Man-Keun Kim & Ertqian Zhu & Thomas R. Harris & Jonathan E. Alevy
- 223-248 Does Urban Density Promote Social Interaction? Evidence from Instrumental Variable Estimation
by Zackary B. Hawley
- 249-263 Two-Region DSGE Analysis of Regionally Targeted Fiscal Policy
by Kenichi Tamegawa
2012, Volume 42, Issue 2
- 99-105 The Role of Regional Science in Shale Energy Development
by Court, Christa Dean & Jackson, Randall W. & White, Nancy
- 107-119 A Tale of Two Shale Plays
by White, Nancy
- 121-141 Mining and Community Economic Growth
by Deller, Stephen & Schreiber, Andrew
- 143-159 Sample Selection in Appalachian Research
by Douglas, Stratford M. & Walker, Anne
- 161-175 Unconvensional Shale Gas Development and Real Estate Valuation Issues
by Lipscomb, Clifford & Wang, Yongsheng & Kilpatrick, Sarah J.
2012, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 1-3 Mark S. Henry (1946-2012)
by Barkley, David L.
- 5-23 Presidential Address: Industry Location, Economic Development Incentives, and Clusters
by Woodward, Douglas P.
- 25-50 Is There a Central Asia? State Visits and an Empirical Delineation of the Region’s Boundaries
by Zakhirova, Leila
- 51-74 Estimating the Impacts of a Reduction in the Foreign-born Labor Supply on a State Economy: A Nested CGE Analysis of the Idaho Economy
by Watson, Philip S. & Castelin, Kimberly & Salant, Priscilla & Wulfhorst, J.D.
- 75-89 Accounting for Spatial Autocorrelation in the 2004 Presidential Popular Vote: A Reassessment of the Evidence
by Burnett, Wesley & Lacombe, Donald J.
2011, Volume 41, Issue 2,3
- 73-80 2011 SRSA Fellows Address: Advancement of Knowledge: A Journey through Space and Time
by Cushing, Brian J.
- 81-101 A Regime-Switching Analysis of the Impact of Oil Price Changes on the Economies of U.S. States
by Kang, Wei & Penn, David A. & Zietz, Joachim
- 103-117 Determinants of Innovative Versus Non-Innovative Entrepreneurs in Three Southern States
by Gallardo, Roberto & Scammahorn, Roseanne
- 119-138 What Drives Intra-county Migration: The Impact of Local Fiscal Factors on Tiebout Sorting
by Grassmueck, Georg
- 139-159 The Creative Class and Economic Development as Practiced in the Rural U.S. South: An Exploratory Survey of Economic Development Professionals
by Hatcher, William & Oyer, Matt & Gallardo, Roberto
- 161-177 Regional Science Reconsidered
by Schaefer, Peter V. & Jackson, Randall W. & Bukenya, James O.
- 179-203 U.S. Micropolitan Area Growth: A Spatial Equilibrium Growth Analysis
by Davidsson, Michael & Rickman, Dan S.
2011, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 1-3 Transactions Costs and Readership: An “Open” letter to Our Readers
by Burkey, Mark L. & Michael L. Lahr
- 5-11 2011 SRSA Presidential Address: Knowns, Unknowns, and Impacts
by Jackson, Randall W.
- 13-26 Pitfalls in Higher Order Model Extensions of Basic Spatial Regression Methodology
by LeSage, James P. & Pace, Robert Kelley
- 27-48 How Do Cities and Counties Respond to Changes in Their Property Tax Base?
by Ihanfeldt, Keith
- 49-63 Debt Overhang in the Eurozone: A Spatial Panel Analysis
by Romero, Alfredo A. & Burkey, Mark L.
2010, Volume 40, Issue 3
- 245-255 Bayesians in Space: Using Bayesian Methods to Inform Choice of Spatial Weights Matrix in Hedonic Property Analyses
by Mueller, Julie M. & Loomis, John B.
- 257-272 Urban Sprawl and Transportation Externalities
by Holcombe, Randall G. & Williams, DeEdgra W.
- 273-286 Beach Re-nourishment and Property Value Growth: The Case of Folly Beach, South Carolina
by Blackwell, Calvin & Sheldon, Susannah & Lansbury, David & Vaught, Dyanne
- 287-301 The International Exports of American States: An Investigation for Local Spatial Patterns
by Wu, Chen & Nsiah, Christian & Mayer, Walter J.
2010, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 135-43 A Space Odyssey: The Future Is Not What It Used to Be--A Babyboomer's Travel Guide and Challenge to Young Explorers
by Isserman, Andrew M.
- 145-58 Institutions and Comparative Regional Research
by Stallmann, Judith I.
- 159-79 Geographic Access and Demand in the Market for Alcohol
by Burkey, Mark L.
- 181-96 Forecasting Industry Employment for a Resource-Based Economy Using Bayesian Vector Autoregressive Models
by Seung, Chang K. & Ahn, Sung K.
- 197-226 Competitiveness of Southern Metropolitan Areas: The Role of New Economy Policies
by Dudensing, Rebekka M. & Barkley, David L.
- 227-35 Some Thoughts on Regional Economics as a Source of Scholarly Contributions
by Sarafoglou, Nikias & Cebula, Richard J.
2010, Volume 40, Issue 1
- 1-4 SRSA Presidential Address: Local Economic Impact of the Great Recession of 2008-2009
by Connaughton, John E.
- 5-26 Does Broadband Access Impact Migration in America? Examining Differences between Rural and Urban Areas
by Mahasuweerachai, Phumsith & Whitacre, Brian E. & Shideler, Dave W.
- 27-51 Green Taxes in a Federal Context: An Empirical Model for Industrial Waste in Spain
by Valles-Gimenez, Jaime & Zarate-Marco, Anabel & Trueba-Cortes, Carmen
- 53-69 Economic and Regional Determinants of the Location of Payday Lenders and Banking Institutions in Mississippi: Reconsidering the Role of Race and Other Factors in Firm Location
by Wheatley, W. Parker
- 71-97 Spatial Variations in the Role of Microenterprises in Economic Growth
by Deller, Steven C.
- 99-124 Wage Divergence between the Rocky Mountain States and the U.S.: Idaho Measures and Sources, 2001-2009
by Cooke, Stephen C. & Kulandaisamy, Bharathkumar A.
2009, Volume 39, Issue 3
- 239-52 Spatial Heterogeneity in Environmental Regulation Enforcement and the Firm Location Decision among U.S. Counties
by Morgan, O. Ashton & Condliffe, Simon
- 253-67 How Do State Arts Appropriations Affect State Economic Growth?
by Deskins, John & Deskins, Sally & Hill, Brian
- 269-86 Determinants of Investment Flows in U.S. Manufacturing?
by Brown, Jason P. & Florax, Raymond J. G. M. & McNamara, Kevin T.
- 287-95 Expected Time to Employment as a Function of Labor Market Size: A Theoretical Note
by Schaeffer, Peter V. & Gebremedhin, Tesfa G.
- 297-316 Do Charter Schools Affect Property Values?
by Horowitz, John & Keil, Stanley & Spector, Lee
2009, Volume 39, Issue 2
- 121-26 Profiles in Change: Regional Economic Policy Thus Far in the Obama Era
by Kort, John R.
- 127-28 Introduction to a Special Issue on Rural Health in the U.S
by Fannin, J. Matthew & McNamara, Paul E.
- 129-47 Provision of Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance in Small Businesses: Does Rural Location Matter?
by Shields, Martin & Mushinski, David & Davis, Lisa
- 149-69 Examining Diet Quality and Body Mass Index in Rural Areas Using a Quantile Regression Framework
by Asirvatham, Jebaraj
- 171-87 Factors Affecting Hospital Choice for Rural Iowa Residents
by Jintanakul, Kanlaya & Otto, Daniel
- 189-211 Spatial Model Specification for Contractual Arrangements between Rural Hospitals and Physicians
by Fannin, J. Matthew & Barnes, James N.
- 213-25 Reasons for Use of Out-of-County Health Care Facilities in the Mississippi Delta
by Wynveen, Brooklynn J.
2009, Volume 39, Issue 1
- 1-7 Imperfection as the Norm
by Schaeffer, Peter V.
- 9-22 The Hedonic Pricing Model Applied to the Housing Market of the City of Savannah and Its Savannah Historic Landmark District
by Cebula, Richard J.
- 23-48 Gender Inequality and Economic Growth in Spain: An Exploratory Analysis
by Dominguez Martin, Rafael & Guijarro Garvi, Marta
- 49-71 Co-operatives and Rural Community Population Growth: Evidence from Canada
by Kangayi, Chipo & Olfert, M. Rose & Partridge, Mark
- 73-83 Wal-Mart and Small Business: Boon or Bane?
by Hicks, Michael J.
- 85-98 Core-Periphery Market Failure in the Location of Economic Activity
by Malul, Miki & Bar-El, Raphael
- 99-110 A European Union Price Policy Model for Southern Spain
by Lima, M. Carmen & Cardenete, M. Alejandro
2008, Volume 38, Issue 3
- 283-87 Introduction to The Review of Regional Studies' First Special Issue on Regional Development in China
by Lahr, Michael L.
- 289-317 China's Regional Disparity in Demographic Transition: A Spatial Analysis
by Wang, Jiamin
- 319-41 Labor Productivity Differences in China 1987-1997: An Interregional Decomposition Analysis
by Yang, Ling & Lahr, Michael L.
- 343-59 Forecasting Input Demand Shocks on China's Gross Value of Agricultural Output
by Lambert, Dayton M. & Cho, Seong-Hoon
- 361-79 Study of Agricultural Productivity and Its Convergence across China's Regions
by Li, Guoping & Zeng, Xianfeng & Zhang, Lizhen
- 381-93 The Productive Efficiency of the Health Care Sector of China
by Ng, Ying Chu
- 395-415 Location Decision Variations of Japanese Investors in China
by Cheng, Shaoming
2008, Volume 38, Issue 2
- 121-43 Evaluations of Regional Competitiveness: Making a Case for Case Studies
by Barkley, David L.
- 145-72 What Sorts of Agglomerations Really Matter to Productivity?: A Regional Analysis of Europe's Manufacturing Sector
by Bracalente, Bruno & Perugini, Cristiano & Pompei, Fabrizio
- 173-93 City-Industry Agglomeration and Changes in the Geographic Concentration of Industry
by Gabe, Todd M.
- 195-209 Assessing Relative Performance of Econometric Models in Measuring the Impact of Climate Change on Agriculture Using Spatial Autoregression
by Seo, S. Niggol
- 211-31 The Influence of Temporal Choice, Correlation, and Sample Size on Income Convergence
by Naghshpour, Shahdad
- 233-50 Using County Typologies to Inform Job Tax Credit Policy in Georgia
by Lipscomb, Clifford A. & Kashbrasiev, Rinas V.
- 251-69 Convergence of Voter Turnout Rates in U.S. Presidential Elections
by Heckelman, Jac C.
2008, Volume 38, Issue 1
- 1-7 Personal Perspectives on Amenities and Migration
by White, Nancy E.
- 8-28 Implications of Big Box Retail Location on Regional Profits, Consumer Utility, and Land Rents
by Stater, Mark & Visser, Michael S.
- 29-44 Urban Growth Boundary and Housing Prices: The Case of Knox County, Tennessee
by Cho, Seong-Hoon & Chen, Zhuo & Yen, Steven T.
- 45-65 Income Convergence in a Rural, Majority African-American Region
by Gyawali, Buddhi & Fraser, Rory & Bukenya, James & Schelhas, John
- 67-88 Understanding Firms' Relocation and Expansion Decisions Using Self-Reported Factor Importance Rating
by Hu, Wuyang & Cox, Linda J. & Wright, Joan & Harris, Thomas R.
- 89-103 Geographic and Temporal Heterogeneity in Public Prescription Pharmaceutical Expenditures in Spain
by Lauridsen, Jorgen & Bech, Mickael & Lopez, Fernando & Mate Sanchez, Mariluz
- 105-11 A Note on the Need to Account for Spatial Dependence: A Case of Migratory Flows in Spain
by Maza, Adolfo & Villaverde, Jose
2007, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 279-81 Frontier Issues in Rural and Regional Development
by Schaeffer, Peter & Weiler, Stephan
- 282-302 Regional Unemployment Clusters: Neighborhood and State Effects in Europe and North America
by Garcilazo, Jose Enrique & Spiezia, Vincenzo
- 303-43 Spatial Modeling of the Migration of Older People with a Focus on Amenities
by Jensen, Tomas & Deller, Steven
- 344-66 Understanding Regional Growth
by Spiezia, Vincenzo & Weiler, Stephan
- 367-91 A Multi-method Research Strategy for Understanding Change in the Rate of Working Poor in the North Central Region of the United States
by Anderson, Cynthia D. & Goe, W. Richard & Weng, Chih-Yuan
- 392-410 Advances and Declines in the Rural Working Poor: Complementing Traditional Econometric Results with Case Analysis
by Loveridge, Scott
2007, Volume 37, Issue 2
- 109-19 Whither Decentralization: Implications for Linking Research and Practice: Presidential Address: Southern Regional Science Association, April 2006
by Rogers, Cynthia
- 120-45 Amenities and Non-farm Employment Growth in the U.S. Midwest: The Impact of Recreational Amenities in Neighboring Counties
by Monchuk, Daniel C. & Miranowski, John A.
- 146-68 Proprietorship Formations and U.S. Job Growth
by Shrestha, Sundar S. & Goetz, Stephan J. & Rupasingha, Anil
- 169-85 The Impact of Lotteries on State Education Expenditures: Does Earmarking Matter?
by Pantuosco, Louis & Seyfried, William & Stonebraker, Robert
- 186-206 Revisiting Tourism Regional Economic Impact: Accounting for Secondary Household Employment
by Hughes, David W. & Shields, Martin
- 207-50 Explaining Geographical Differences in Water Prices: Do Institutional Factors Really Matter?
by Bae, Suho
- 251-78 Do Migrating Seniors Affect Business Establishment and Job Growth? An Empirical Look at Southeastern Nonmetropolitan Counties, 2000-2004
by Lambert, D. M. & Clark, C. D. & Wilcox, M. D. & Park, W. M.
2007, Volume 37, Issue 1
- 1-4 In Honor of Manfred M. Fischer
by Getis, Arthur
- 5-27 PySAL: A Python Library of Spatial Analytical Methods
by Rey, Sergio J. & Anselin, Luc
- 28-38 Spatial Structure and Spatial Interaction: 25 Years Later
by Griffith, Daniel A.
- 39-63 On the Sraffa-Leontief Model
by Sonis, Michael & Hewings, Geoffrey J. D.
- 64-81 A Rank-Order Test on the Statistical Performance of Neural Network Models for Regional Labor Market Forecasts
by Patuelli, Roberto & Longhi, Simonetta & Reggiani, Aura & Nijkamp, Peter & Blien, Uwe
- 82-108 Local versus Global Convergence in Europe: A Bayesian Spatial Econometric Approach
by Ertur, Cem & Le Gallo, Julie & LeSage, James P.
2006, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 254-78 Spatial Effects of European Integration: Do Border Regions Benefit above Average?
by Niebuhr, Annekatrin
- 279-303 Trade Liberalization and Location: Empirical Evidence for Mexican Manufacturing Industries
by Jordaan, Jacob A. & Sanchez-Reaza, Javier
- 304-23 Wages and Industrial Clusters in Rio Grande do Sul (Brazil)
by Monteiro Monasterio, Leonardo
- 324-61 A Spatial Econometric Analysis of Regional Specialization Patterns across EU Regions
by Stirboeck, Claudia
- 362-80 Recreation as a Spatial Good: Distance Effects on Changes in Recreation Visitation and Benefits
by Richardson, Robert B. & Loomis, John & Weiler, Stephan
- 381-99 The Role of Agritourism in Western States: Place-Specific and Policy Factors Influencing Recreational Income for Producers
by Wilson, Joshua B. & Thilmany, Dawn & Watson, Philip
- 400-426 On the Nature of Regional Price Differentials: Some Panel Results for Italy
by Massidda, Carla & Mattana, Paolo
- 427-47 The Effect of Region, Demographics, and Economic Characteristics on County-Level Voting Patterns in the 2000 Presidential Election
by Levernier, William & Barilla, Anthony G.
2006, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 140-62 Food Industry Investment Flows: Implications for Rural Development
by Lambert, Dayton M. & McNamara, Kevin T. & Garrett, Megan I.
- 163-91 Reexamining Rural Decline: How Changing Rural Classifications Affect Perceived Growth
by Artz, Georgeanne M. & Orazem, Peter F.
- 192-204 Econometric Issues in Education Finance
by Ajilore, Olugbenga
- 205-20 Intra-NAFTA Trade in Mid-South Industries: A Gravity Model
by Funk, Mark & Elder, Erick & Yao, Vincent & Vibhakar, Ashvin
- 221-38 Lake Rehabilitation and the Value of Shoreline Real Estate: Evidence from Delavan, Wisconsin
by Kashian, Russ & Eiswerth, Mark E. & Skidmore, Mark
- 239-53 An Application of the Regression Analogue of the Demographically Enhanced Shift-Share Model
by Brox, James & Carvalho, Emanuel
2006, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-14 We're Right, They're Wrong, Regional Science Is Where It's At
by Partridge, Mark D.
- 15-43 Speaking Falsehoods to Power: States' Misguided Use of 'Cost-of-Doing-Business' Studies in Economic Development Policy
by Luger, Michael I. & Bae, Suho
- 44-62 The Spatial Economy of Gender-Based Occupational Segregation
by Olfert, M. Rose & Moebis, Dianne M.
- 63-86 Effectiveness of Credit Pooling in Financing Infrastructure for Economic Growth in Southern Rural Counties--A Quasi-experimental Approach
by Ray, Mona & Hite, James C.
- 87-120 The Growth of Texas Counties in the 1990s: The Roles of County Size and Industry Clusters
by Mollick, Andre Varella
- 121-39 Employment Growth and the Allocation of New Jobs: Evidence from the South
by Renkow, Mitch
2005, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 246-65 State-Local Revenue Diversification, Stability, and Growth: Time Series Evidence
by Schunk, Donald & Porca, Sanela
- 266-90 Regional Policies and Economic Growth: One Size Does Not Fit All
by Nizalov, Denys & Loveridge, Scott
- 291-310 Is the 'Cost of Enough Food' Lower in Rural Areas?
by Nord, Mark & Leibtag, Ephraim
- 311-35 A Spatial Analysis of Housing Growth
by Cho, Seong-Hoon & English, Burton C. & Roberts, Roland K.
- 336-55 The Impact of Wal-Mart on Income and Unemployment Differentials in Alabama
by Keil, Stanley R. & Spector, Lee C.
2005, Volume 35, Issue 2
- 117-38 Which Matters Most to the Estimation of Efficiency and Productivity Growth in State Manufacturing: Method or Measurement?
by Primont, Diane F. & Domazlicky, Bruce R.
- 139-60 A Dynamic Integration Approach in Regional Input-Output and Econometric Models
by Motii, Bahman Brian
- 161-86 The Impact of Petroleum Product Prices on State Economic Conditions: An Analysis of the Economic Base
by Decker, Christopher S. & Wohar, Mark E.
- 187-205 Examining the Reliability of Survey Data with Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems to Improve Deforestation Modeling
by Caviglia-Harris, Jill L. & Harris, Daniel W.
- 206-30 R&D Investments and the Spatial Dimension: Evidence from Firm Level Data
by Bertinelli, Luisito & Nicolini, Rosella
- 231-45 Do Geographic Entry Restrictions Increase Car Prices?
by Walden, Michael L.
2005, Volume 35, Issue 1
- 1-7 Policy Research in the Review of Regional Studies
by Smith, Stephen M.
- 8-37 Annual Estimates of Human Capital by State: 1976-2000
by Hunt, Gary L. & Trostel, Philip
- 38-63 The Effects of an Inter-regional Transfer with Empire-Building Regional Governments
by Groenewold, Nicolaas & Hagger, Alfred J.
- 64-79 The Effects of Industry Instability on Sector Entry: The Case of Maine
by Gabe, Todd M.
- 80-96 Natural Amenities and Rural Employment Growth: A Sector Analysis
by Henderson, Jason R. & McDaniel, Kendall
- 97-116 Regional Productivity Differentials in Three New Member Countries: What Can We Learn from the 1986 Enlargement to the South?
by Dall'erba, Sandy & Kamarianakis, Yiannis & Le Gallo, Julie & Plotnikova, Maria
2004, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 221-22 An Introduction to This Issue of The Review of Regional Studies
by Gibbs, Robert M. & Beaulieu, Lionel J.
- 223-44 Education and Nonmetropolitan Income Growth in the South
by Henry, Mark & Barkley, David & Li, Haizhen
- 245-59 The Returns to Education in Rural Areas
by Goetz, Stephan J. & Rupasingha, Anil
- 260-87 Laying the Foundation for Employment: The Role of Social Capital in Educational Achievement
by Israel, Glenn D. & Beaulieu, Lionel J.
- 288-302 The Persistence of County High School Dropout Rates in the Rural South, 1970-2000
by McGranahan, David A.
- 303-19 Education and Economic Well-Being in Racially Diverse Rural Counties: The Role of Historically Black Colleges and Universities
by Mykerezi, Elton & Mills, Bradford F.
2004, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 120-36 The Geographic Mobility of Displaced Workers: Do Local Employment Conditions Matter?
by Yankow, Jeffrey J.
- 137-55 Does Economic Vulnerability Depend on Place of Residence? Asset Poverty across Metropolitan and Nonmetropolitan Areas
by Fisher, Monica & Weber, Bruce A.
- 156-71 Interregional Migration in Spain: A Semiparametric Analysis
by Maza, Adolfo & Villaverde, Jose
- 172-90 Spatial Food Stamp Program Participation Dynamics in U.S. Counties
by Goetz, Stephan J. & Rupasingha, Anil & Zimmerman, Julie N.
- 191-205 Factors Affecting the Location of Payday Lending and Traditional Banking Services in North Carolina
by Burkey, Mark L. & Simkins, Scott P.
- 206-220 Explaining Per Capita Personal Income Differences between States
by Connaughton, John E. & Madsen, Ronald A.
2004, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 1-10 Southern Regional Science in Interstitial Space: Fellows Address: Southern regional Science Association, April 2004
by Henry, Mark S.
- 11-36 Knowledge Spillovers, Agglomeration Economies, and the Geography of Innovation Activity: A Spatial Econometric Analysis
by Lim, Up
- 37-56 Sensitivity of CGE Simulation Results to Competing SAM Updates
by Cardenete, M. Alejandro & Sancho, Ferran
- 57-71 Using Ready-Made Regional Input-Output Models to Estimate Backward-Linkage Effects of Exogenous Output Shocks
by Steinback, Scott R.
- 72-94 Fiscal Policy and Economic Growth: The Case of the Italian Regions
by Auteri, Monica & Costantini, Mauro
- 95-111 Right-to-Work Legislation, Social Capital, and Variations in State Union Density
by Hogler, Raymond & Shulman, Steven & Weiler, Stephan
- 112-19 An Empirical Note on Determinants of Geographic Living-Cost Differentials for Counties in the State of Florida, 2003
by Cebula, Richard J. & Todd, Sherri
2003, Volume 33, Issue 3
- 254-63 Reconsidering the Southern Black Belt
by Gibbs, Robert M.
- 264-83 Pioneers of Rural Sprawl in the Rocky Mountain West
by Weiler, Stephan & Theobald, David
- 284-95 The Time Pattern of Internal Migration: Human Capital Meets Job Matching
by Allen, Jeremiah
- 296-312 Local Labor Markets and Child Poverty
by Strand, Alexander & Fisher, Robin C.
- 313-27 Decomposition of Regional Income Inequality in Korea
by Kim, Euijune & Jeong, Youn Hee
- 328-42 Modeling a Share or Proportion with Logit or Tobit: The Effect of Outcommuting on Retail Sales Leakages
by Burkey, Jake & Harris, Thomas R.
2003, Volume 33, Issue 2
- 121-41 Using Spatial Econometric Techniques to Estimate Spatial Multipliers: An Assessment of Regional Economic Policy in Yucatan, Mexico
by Biles, James J.
- 142-63 Occupation Choice, Information, and Migration
by White, Nancy E. & Wolaver, Amy M.
- 164-83 Determining Regional Structure through Cointegration
by Cutler, Harvey & England, Scott & Weiler, Stephan
- 184-205 Convergence across Spanish Regions: New Evidence on the Effects of Public Investment
by Gonzalez-Paramo, Jose Manuel & Martinez, Diego
- 206-28 A Dynamic Estimation of Total Energy Demand for the Southern States
by Olatubi, Williams O. & Zhang, Yan
- 229-53 On the Determinants of Average Income Growth and Net Migration at the Municipal Level in Sweden
by Lundberg, Johan
2003, Volume 33, Issue 1
- 1-16 The Perplexing Literature on Growth and Change
by Bartik, Timothy J. & Boehm, Thomas P. & Schlottmann, Alan M.
- 17-39 Do We Know Economic Development When We See It?
by Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S.
- 40-60 State and Local Policy, Factor Markets, and Regional Growth
by Brown, Stephen P. A. & Hayes, Kathy J. & Taylor, Lori L.
- 61-72 Foreign Direct Investment: Agglomeration Economies and Returns to Promotion Expenditures
by Kim, Seong-Hee & Pickton, Todd S. & Gerking, Shelby
- 73-84 Regional Innovative Capacity with Endogenous Employment: Empirical Evidence from the U.S
by Riddel, Mary & Schwer, R. Keith
- 85-103 The Status of Evaluating Accuracy of Regional Forecasts
by West, Carol T.
- 104-20 Perplexity, Complexity, Metroplexity, Microplexity: Perspectives for Future Research on Regional Growth and Change
by Plane, David A.