Contact information of Southern Regional Science Association
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rre:publsh. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher Yencha). General contact details of provider: http://www.srsa.org .
2005, Volume 35, Issue 1
2004, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 221-222 An Introduction to This Issue of The Review of Regional Studies
by Gibbs, Robert M. & Beaulieu, Lionel J.
- 223-244 Education and Nonmetropolitan Income Growth in the South
by Henry, Mark & Barkley, David & Li, Haizhen
- 245-259 The Returns to Education in Rural Areas
by Goetz, Stephan J. & Rupasingha, Anil
- 260-287 Laying the Foundation for Employment: The Role of Social Capital in Educational Achievement
by Israel, Glenn D. & Beaulieu, Lionel J.
- 288-302 The Persistence of County High School Dropout Rates in the Rural South, 1970-2000
by McGranahan, David A.
- 303-319 Education and Economic Well-Being in Racially Diverse Rural Counties: The Role of Historically Black Colleges and Universities
by Mykerezi, Elton & Mills, Bradford F.
2004, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 120-136 The Geographic Mobility of Displaced Workers: Do Local Employment Conditions Matter?
by Yankow, Jeffrey J.
- 137-155 Does Economic Vulnerability Depend on Place of Residence? Asset Poverty across Metropolitan and Nonmetropolitan Areas
by Fisher, Monica & Weber, Bruce A.
- 156-171 Interregional Migration in Spain: A Semiparametric Analysis
by Maza, Adolfo & Villaverde, Jose
- 172-190 Spatial Food Stamp Program Participation Dynamics in U.S. Counties
by Goetz, Stephan J. & Rupasingha, Anil & Zimmerman, Julie N.
- 191-205 Factors Affecting the Location of Payday Lending and Traditional Banking Services in North Carolina
by Burkey, Mark L. & Simkins, Scott P.
- 206-220 Explaining Per Capita Personal Income Differences between States
by Connaughton, John E. & Madsen, Ronald A.
2004, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 1-10 Southern Regional Science in Interstitial Space: Fellows Address: Southern regional Science Association, April 2004
by Henry, Mark S.
- 11-36 Knowledge Spillovers, Agglomeration Economies, and the Geography of Innovation Activity: A Spatial Econometric Analysis
by Lim, Up
- 37-56 Sensitivity of CGE Simulation Results to Competing SAM Updates
by Cardenete, M. Alejandro & Sancho, Ferran
- 57-71 Using Ready-Made Regional Input-Output Models to Estimate Backward-Linkage Effects of Exogenous Output Shocks
by Steinback, Scott R.
- 72-94 Fiscal Policy and Economic Growth: The Case of the Italian Regions
by Auteri, Monica & Costantini, Mauro
- 95-111 Right-to-Work Legislation, Social Capital, and Variations in State Union Density
by Hogler, Raymond & Shulman, Steven & Weiler, Stephan
- 112-119 An Empirical Note on Determinants of Geographic Living-Cost Differentials for Counties in the State of Florida, 2003
by Cebula, Richard J. & Todd, Sherri
2003, Volume 33, Issue 3
- 254-263 Reconsidering the Southern Black Belt
by Gibbs, Robert M.
- 264-283 Pioneers of Rural Sprawl in the Rocky Mountain West
by Weiler, Stephan & Theobald, David
- 284-295 The Time Pattern of Internal Migration: Human Capital Meets Job Matching
by Allen, Jeremiah
- 296-312 Local Labor Markets and Child Poverty
by Strand, Alexander & Fisher, Robin C.
- 313-327 Decomposition of Regional Income Inequality in Korea
by Kim, Euijune & Jeong, Youn Hee
- 328-342 Modeling a Share or Proportion with Logit or Tobit: The Effect of Outcommuting on Retail Sales Leakages
by Burkey, Jake & Harris, Thomas R.
2003, Volume 33, Issue 2
- 121-141 Using Spatial Econometric Techniques to Estimate Spatial Multipliers: An Assessment of Regional Economic Policy in Yucatan, Mexico
by Biles, James J.
- 142-163 Occupation Choice, Information, and Migration
by White, Nancy E. & Wolaver, Amy M.
- 164-183 Determining Regional Structure through Cointegration
by Cutler, Harvey & England, Scott & Weiler, Stephan
- 184-205 Convergence across Spanish Regions: New Evidence on the Effects of Public Investment
by Gonzalez-Paramo, Jose Manuel & Martinez, Diego
- 206-228 A Dynamic Estimation of Total Energy Demand for the Southern States
by Olatubi, Williams O. & Zhang, Yan
- 229-253 On the Determinants of Average Income Growth and Net Migration at the Municipal Level in Sweden
by Lundberg, Johan
2003, Volume 33, Issue 1
- 1-16 The Perplexing Literature on Growth and Change
by Bartik, Timothy J. & Boehm, Thomas P. & Schlottmann, Alan M.
- 17-39 Do We Know Economic Development When We See It?
by Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S.
- 40-60 State and Local Policy, Factor Markets, and Regional Growth
by Brown, Stephen P. A. & Hayes, Kathy J. & Taylor, Lori L.
- 61-72 Foreign Direct Investment: Agglomeration Economies and Returns to Promotion Expenditures
by Kim, Seong-Hee & Pickton, Todd S. & Gerking, Shelby
- 73-84 Regional Innovative Capacity with Endogenous Employment: Empirical Evidence from the U.S
by Riddel, Mary & Schwer, R. Keith
- 85-103 The Status of Evaluating Accuracy of Regional Forecasts
by West, Carol T.
- 104-120 Perplexity, Complexity, Metroplexity, Microplexity: Perspectives for Future Research on Regional Growth and Change
by Plane, David A.
Summer/Fall 2002, Volume 32, Issue 2
- 151-170 Predicting Regional Recessions Via the Yield Spread
by Gauger, Jean & Schunk, Don
- 171-186 Macroeconomic Differences in Public and Private Union Density: An Analysis of U.S. State Economies
by Pantuosco, Louis J. & Parker, Darrell & Seyfried, William & Lyman, Scott
- 187-206 Asymmetric Knowledge Spillovers in a Model of Regional Innovation and Growth
by Sedgley, Norman
- 207-222 Input-Output Modeling of Protected Landscapes: The Adirondack Park
by Hubacek, Klaus & Erickson, Jon D. & Duchin, Faye
- 223-253 Testing the Neoclassical Model of Regional Economic Growth: A Panel Data Approach across the Finnish Provinces, 1973-1996
by MÃ¤ki-Arvela, Petteri
- 255-274 How Much Does Local Job Growth Improve Employment Outcomes of the Rural Working Poor?
by Davis, Elizabeth E. & Weber, Bruce A.
- 275-292 Price Transmission in the Antebellum Slave Markets: A Time Series Analysis
by Ewing, Bradley T. & Payne, James E. & Thornton, Mark & Yanochik, Mark A.
- 293-307 Environmental Policy and Industry Location: The Case of the U.S. Livestock Industry
by Park, Dooho & Seidl, Andrew & Davies, Stephen
- 309-324 Neural Networks and Regional Science Modeling: A Survey of Techniques for Complex Spatial Analysis
by Wier, Thomas G. & Phoha, Vir V.
- 325-334 Relative Efficiency in the Spatial Distribution of Physicians' Services
by Stone, Glenda & Simmons, Walter O.
Winter/Spring 2002, Volume 32, Issue 1
- 1-8 The Role of Beliefs and Cultural Attitudes in Economic Development
by Hefner, Frank
- 9-17 Where is the Place in Space?
by Johnson, Thomas G.
- 19-35 The Distributional Effects of Water Quantity Management Strategies: A Spatial Analysis
by Duke, Joshua M. & Ehemann, Robert W. & Mackenzie, John
- 37-68 Directions, Magnitude, and Efficiency of Interregional Migration, 1970-1990: Jews and Whites in the United States Compared
by Rebhun, Uzi
- 69-85 Ranking Regional Air and Water Environmental Degradations
by Nissan, Edward & Carter, George
- 87-96 Migration and the Tiebout-Tullock Hypothesis Revisited
by Cebula, Richard J.
- 97-111 Driving Regional Economic Models with a Statistical Model: Hypothesis Testing for Economic Impact Analysis
by Weiler, Stephan & Loomis, John & Richardson, Robby & Shwiff, Stephanie
- 113-132 Exploring vs. Exploiting Advantages in Industrial Districts
by Molina-Morales, F. Xavier & LÃ³pez-Navarro, M. Angel & Julve, Jaume Guia
- 133-147 An Evaluation of Alternative Strategies for Incorporating Interindustry Relationships into a Regional Employment Forecasting Model
by Rickman, Dan S. & Miller, Steven R.
Winter 2001, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 219-235 Immigration and Natives' Wages: Understanding Their Correlation in the 1980s
by Easton, Todd
- 237-254 Workforce Investments and Poverty Dynamics
by Kraybill, David S. & Weber, Bruce A.
- 255-276 The Regional Growth of Manufacturing: Markets, Wages, and Labor Composition
by Duffy, Neal E.
- 277-291 Challenges to Economic Growth in Latin America and the Caribbean: A Preliminary Exploration
by Tavernier, Edmund M.
- 293-303 Assessment of Economic Impact Studies: The Cases of BMW and Mercedes-Benz
by Connaughton, John E. & Madsen, Ronald A.
- 305-313 The Regional Impact of Wal-Mart Entrance: A Panel Study of the Retail Trade Sector in West Virginia
by Hicks, Michael J. & Wilburn, Kristy L.
Fall 2001, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 111-120 The Landscapes of Liberty
by Rees, John
- 121-147 Successful Adjustment to Economic Restructuring in the Nonmetro Northeast: 1950-1990
by Smith, Stephen M. & Miller, Kathleen
- 149-164 Economic Impacts of Municipal Recycling
by Creason, Jared & Podolsky, Michael, J.
- 165-176 How Much on that Doggie at the Window? An Analysis of the Decline in Greyhound Racing Handle
by Ray, Margaret
- 177-195 Measuring Internal Migration Among the Foreign-Born: Insights from Canadian Data
by Newbold, Bruce K.
- 197-215 Targeting Economic Diversification: An Application of Target MOTAD Procedures
by Harris, Thomas R. & Seung, Chang K. & Narayanan, Rangesan
Summer 2001, Volume 31, Issue 1
Winter 2001, Volume 29, Issue 3
Winter 2000, Volume 30, Issue 3
- 239-258 Town Specialization and the Relationships Between Occupation Employment and Industry Employment
by Mulligan, Gordon F.
- 259-274 The Sources of Revenues for Wisconsin Native American Casinos: Implications for Casino Gaming as a Regional EconomicDevelopment Tool
by Gazel, Ricardo & Rickman, Dan S. & Thompson, William N.
- 275-298 Tax Incentive Programs and Unemployment Rate
by Sridhar, Kala Seetharam
- 299-314 An Analysis of Rural-Urban Differences in Average Family Income: An Application of the Oaxaca and Cotton-Neumark Decomposition Technique
by Ewing, Bradley T. & Levernier, William
- 315-330 Local Economic Development as a Prisoners' Dilemma: The Role of Business Climate
by Ellis, Stephen & Rogers, Cynthia
- 331-342 Regional Impacts of the 1990s Stock Market Boom
by Warf, Barney & Cox, Joseph C.
Fall 2000, Volume 30, Issue 2
- 117-135 Legislator Influence and Public School Finance
by DeBoer, Larry & McNamara, Kevin T. & Cranfield, John & Graham, Thea
- 137-145 The Linkage Between State and National Output: A Case Study of Connecticut
by Ahking, Francis, W. & Pattanapancha, Maneechit
- 147-165 Divestiture, Competition, and Regional Labor Earnings: Evidence from the Telecommunications Industry
by Peoples, James
- 167-187 Manufacturing Specialization in the Southeast: Rural Necessity, Rural Possibility, or Rural Vestige?
by Wojan, Timothy R. & Lackey, Steven Brent
- 189-213 Determinants of the Spatial Mobility of Immigrants: Evidence from Sweden
by Rephann, Terance J. & Vencatasawmy, Coomaren P
- 215-236 Spatial Differences in Manufacturing Firm Births and Deaths and Local Economic Conditions: Evidence from Pennsylvania
by Cole, Ismail M.
Summer 2000, Volume 30, Issue 1
- 3-15 Devolution and the Evolution of Regional Science
by Stallmann, Judith I.
- 17-25 Regional Science and Ecological Economics: The Case of Nauru
by Cumberland, John H.
- 27-41 Regional Growth in the "New" Economy
by Winger, Alan R.
- 43-47 Regional Science: Evolving in New Directions
by Rees, John
- 49-55 A View from Agricultural and Applied Economics
by Henry, Mark
- 57-60 Net Economic Base Multipliers and Public Policy
by Leven, Charles L.
- 61-69 Soft Variables in Regional Science
by Malecki, Edward J.
- 71-73 Size Matters: Why Regional Science Needs to Think Bigger
by Gibson, James Lay
- 75-78 Expanding the "Region" in Regional Science: How Third World Experience Can Enrich Our Research
by Pandit, Kavita
- 79-83 The Role of Regional Science in Migration and Population Research
by Plane, David, A.
- 85-91 Education, Training, and Regional Development: A Policy Relevant Agenda for Regional Science
by Campbell Jr., Harrison S.
- 93-114 The Southern Regional Science Association and The Review of Regional Studies: History and Characteristics
by Durden, Garey C. & Knox, Hugh W.
Fall 1999, Volume 29, Issue 2
Summer 1999, Volume 29, Issue 1
- 1-12 Economic Growth Theory, Clustering, and the Rise of the South
by Bernat Jr., G. Andrew
- 13-36 Myrdal contra Ohlin: Accounting for the Sources of U.S. County Per Capita Income Convergence Using a Flexible Decomposition Approach
by Eff, E. Anthon
- 37-50 Do Low-Income Families Benefit from Minimum Wage Increases? Evidence from State-Level Minimum Wage Laws
by Partridge, Mark D. & Partridge, Jamie S.
- 51-62 Environmental Regulation and the Spatial Distribution of Capital and Resources
by Chiles Jr., Ted W. & Clark, Joy
- 63-76 Distance Effects in Consumption: Measuring Distance Value with Application to Casino Siting
by Grinols, Earl L.
- 77-90 The Impact of Casino Gambling on Charitable Contributions: The Willingness to Contribute to a Local Public Television Station
by Schwer, Keith & Daneshvary, Rennae
- 91-104 Endogenous Regional Development: Lessons from Languedoc-Roussillon and Montpellier
by Hansen, Niles
Winter 1998, Volume 28, Issue 3
- 1-14 Tax Incentive Requests and Offers in a State Economic Development Program
by Gabe, Todd M. & Kraybill, David S.
- 15-42 Regional Econometric Housing Start Forecast Accuracy in Florida
by Fullerton, Jr., Thomas M. & Taylor West, Carol A.
- 43-64 The Income Effects of Public Subsidies to Traded Services
by Hirasuna, Donald P. & Pulver, Glen C.
- 65-84 Monetary Policy and Regional Price and Wage Dispersion in the U.S
by Hammond, George W.
- 85-106 Metropolitan-Nonmetropolitan Distinctions in the Determinants of Family Income Inequality
by Levernier, William & Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S.
Fall 1998, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 1-18 Communities Left Behind: Can Nonviable Places Become Smart?
by Barkley, David L.
- 19-34 Determinants of Total Factor Productivity, Technological Change, and Efficiency Differentials Among States, 1977-86
by Domazlicky, Bruce R. & Weber, William, L.
- 35-46 Sources of Prevailing Differences in Unemployment Rates For Selected Regional Pairs
by Pantuosco, Lou & Parker, Darrell
- 47-70 New Goods and Economic Growth: Evidence from Legalized Gambling
by Walker, Douglas M. & Jackson, John D.
- 71-90 Commuting's Effect on Local Retail Market Performance
by Shields, Martin & Deller, Steven C.
- 91-103 An Improved Technique for Obtaining Current Sub-state Income Estimates
by Eff, E. Anthon
Summer 1998, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 1-1 Robert T. Miki Award for Distinguished Editorial Service Presented to Outgoing Co-Editors Henry W. Herzog, Jr. and Alan M. Schlottmann
- 3-12 Does Migration Matter? Job Search Outcomes for the Unemployed
by Boehm, Thomas P. & Herzog, Jr., Henry W. & Schlottmann, Alan M.
- 13-26 Labor Productivity and Wages in Rural and Urban Manufacturing Plants
by Gale, Jr., H. Frederick
- 27-46 The Role of the Automotive Industry in Detroit's Employment Fluctuations: A Multiple Restriction Regime Approach
by Rushen, Steven F.
- 47-62 Gambling as an Economic Development Strategy: The Neglected Issue of Job Satisfaction and Nonpecuniary Income
by Blair, Benjamin, F. & Schwer, R. Keith & Waddoups, C. Jeffrey
- 63-80 The Debate Over State-Level Inequality:Transparent Method, Rules of Evidence, and Empirical Power
by Wojan, Timothy R. & Maung, Adam C.
- 81-102 The Role of Local School Quality in Rural Employment and Population Growth
by Barkley, David L. & Henry, Mark S. & Bao, Shuming
Winter 1997, Volume 27, Issue 3
Fall 1997, Volume 27, Issue 2
Summer 1997, Volume 27, Issue 1
Winter 1996, Volume 26, Issue 3
Fall 1996, Volume 26, Issue 2
Summer 1996, Volume 26, Issue 1
Winter 1995, Volume 25, Issue 3
Fall 1995, Volume 25, Issue 2
Summer 1995, Volume 25, Issue 1
Winter 1994, Volume 24, Issue 3