Imperfect Capital Mobility: A General Approach to the Two-Sector Harris Todaro Model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mussa, Michael, 1978. "Dynamic Adjustment in the Heckscher-Ohlin-Samuelson Model," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 775-791, October.
- Neary, J Peter, 1981. "On the Harris-Todaro Model with Intersectoral Capital Mobility," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 48(191), pages 219-234, August.
- Khan, M. Ali, 1982. "Tariffs, foreign capital and immiserizing growth with urban unemployment and specific factors of production," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 245-256, April.
- Corden, W M & Findlay, Ronald, 1975. "Urban Unemployment, Intersectoral Capital Mobility and Development Policy," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 42(165), pages 59-78, February.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1974. "Alternative Theories of Wage Determination and Unemployment in LDC's: The Labor Turnover Model," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 88(2), pages 194-227.
- Funatsu, Hideki, 1988. "A Note on the Stability of the Harris-Todaro Model with Capital Mobility," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 55(217), pages 119-121, February.
- Jagdish N. Bhagwati, 1968. "Distortions and Immiserizing Growth: a Generalization," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(4), pages 481-485.
- Grossman, Gene M., 1983. "Partially mobile capital : A general approach to two-sector trade theory," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 1-17, August.
- Beladi, Hamid & Naqvi, Nadeem, 1988. "Urban unemployment and non-immiserizing growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 365-376, May.
- Jai-Young Choi & Eden S. H. Yu, 2006. "Industrial Targeting and Non-shiftable Capital in the Harris-Todaro Model," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(5), pages 910-921, November.
- Batra, Raveendra N. & Casas, Francisco R., 1976. "A synthesis of the Heckscher-Ohlin and the neoclassical models of international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-38, February.
- Lal, Deepak, 1973. "Disutility of Effort, Migration, and the Shadow Wage-rate," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(1), pages 112-126, March.
- Das, Satya P., 1982. "Sector-specific minimum wages, economic growth, and some policy implications," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 127-131, February.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
- McCool, Thomas J, 1982. "Wage Subsidies and Distortionary Taxes in a Mobile Capital Harris-Todaro Model," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 49(193), pages 69-79, February.
- Choi, Jai-Young & Yu, Eden S H, 1985. "Technical Progress, Terms of Trade and Welfare under Variable Returns to Scale," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 52(27), pages 365-377, August.
- Neary, J Peter, 1978. "Dynamic Stability and the Theory of Factor-Market Distortions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(4), pages 671-682, September.
- McLure, Charles E, Jr, 1970. "Taxation, Substitution, and Industrial Location," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(1), pages 112-132, Jan.-Feb..
- F. R. Casas, 1984. "Imperfect Factor Mobility: A Generalization and Synthesis of Two-Sector Models of International Trade," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 17(4), pages 747-761, November.
- Neary, J Peter, 1978. "Short-Run Capital Specificity and the Pure Theory of International Trade," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 88(351), pages 488-510, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:reviec:v:18:y:2010:i:1:p:81-94. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0965-7576 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.