Emigration promotion and urban unemployment
Unemployment is present in many developing countries. Thus, the government of a country that suffers from chronic unemployment often wants to emigrate some workers to foreign countries. This paper investigates whether such a policy is successful for reducing domestic unemployment.
Volume (Year): 31 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Batra, Raveendra N & Naqvi, Nadeem, 1987. "Urban Unemployment and the Gains from Trade," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 54(215), pages 381-395, August.
- Yabuuchi, Shigemi, 1993. "Urban unemployment, international capital mobility and development policy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 399-403, August.
- Hazari, Bharat R. & Sgro, Pasquale M., 1991. "Urban-rural structural adjustment, urban unemployment with traded and non-traded goods," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 187-196, January.
- Marjit, Sugata & Beladi, Hamid, 2003. "Possibility or impossibility of paradoxes in the small country Harris-Todaro framework: a unifying analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 379-385, October.
- Hamid Beladi & Sarbajit Chaudhuri & Shigemi Yabuuchi, 2008. "Can International Factor Mobility Reduce Wage Inequality in a Dual Economy?," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(5), pages 893-903, November.
- Marjit, Sugata & Kar, Saibal, 2005. "Emigration and wage inequality," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 141-145, July.
- Gupta, Manash Ranjan, 1993. "Rural-urban migation, informal sector and development policies A theoretical analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 137-151, June.
- Sarbajit Chaudhuri, 2005. "Labour Market Distortion, Technology Transfer And Gainful Effects Of Foreign Capital," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 73(2), pages 214-227, 03.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-11-00670. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.