Skilled-unskilled wage inequality and offshore outsourcing with asymmetric adjustment costs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Neary, J. Peter, 2009. "Trade costs and foreign direct investment," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 207-218, March.
- Chakrabarti, Avik, 2004. "Asymmetric adjustment costs in simple general equilibrium models," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 63-73, February.
- Feenstra, Robert C & Hanson, Gordon H, 1996. "Globalization, Outsourcing, and Wage Inequality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 240-245, May.
- Lichtenberg, Frank R, 1988. "Estimation of the Internal Adjustment Costs Model Using Longitudinal Establishment Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(3), pages 421-430, August.
- Sanjib Sarker & John Gilbert & Reza Oladi, 2008. "Adjustment Costs and Immiserizing Growth in LDCs," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(4), pages 779-791, November.
- Wolfson, P, 1993. "Compositional Change, Aggregation, and Dynamic Factor Demand: Estimates on a Panel of Manufacturing Firms," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(2), pages 129-148, April-Jun.
- Julia K. Thomas, 2002.
"Is Lumpy Investment Relevant for the Business Cycle?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(3), pages 508-534, June.
- Julia K. Thomas, "undated". "Is Lumpy Investment Relevant for the Business Cycle?," GSIA Working Papers 1998-E250, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Julia K. Thomas, 2002. "Is lumpy investment relevant for the business cycle?," Staff Report 302, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Bernstein, Jeffrey I., 1988.
"Dynamic factor demands and adjustment costs: An analysis of bell Canada's Technology,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 5-24.
- Jeffrey Bernstein, 1986. "Dynamic Factor Demands and Adjustment Costs: An Analysis of Bell Canada's Technology," Carleton Industrial Organization Research Unit (CIORU) 86-06, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- Jones, Ronald & Kierzkowski, Henryk & Lurong, Chen, 2005. "What does evidence tell us about fragmentation and outsourcing?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 305-316.
- Kolstad, Charles D & Lee, Jong-Kun, 1993. "The Specification of Dynamics in Cost Function and Factor Demand Estimation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(4), pages 721-726, November.
- David L. Hummels & Dana Rapoport & Kei-Mu Yi, 1998. "Vertical specialization and the changing nature of world trade," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Jun, pages 79-99.
- Robert C. Feenstra, 1998.
"Integration of Trade and Disintegration of Production in the Global Economy,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 12(4), pages 31-50, Fall.
- Robert C. Feenstra, "undated". "Integration Of Trade And Disintegration Of Production In The Global Economy," Department of Economics 98-06, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Robert Feenstra, 2003. "Integration Of Trade And Disintegration Of Production In The Global Economy," Working Papers 986, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Kierzkowski, Henryk, 2005. "Outsourcing and fragmentation: Blessing or threat?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 233-235.
- Steven A. Barnett & Plutarchos Sakellaris, 1999. "A New Look At Firm Market Value, Investment, And Adjustment Costs," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(2), pages 250-260, May.
- Ronald W. Jones & Sugata Marjit, 2001. "The Role of International Fragmentation in the Development Process," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 363-366, May.
- Sugata Marjit & Hamid Beladi & Avik Chakrabarti, 2004. "Trade and Wage Inequality in Developing Countries," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 42(2), pages 295-303, April.
- Russell W. Cooper & John C. Haltiwanger, 2006. "On the Nature of Capital Adjustment Costs," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 73(3), pages 611-633.
- Pindyck, Robert S & Rotemberg, Julio J, 1983.
" Dynamic Factor Demands under Rational Expectations,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(2), pages 223-238.
- Robert S. Pindyck & Julio J. Rotemberg, 1982. "Dynamic Factor Demands Under Rational Expectations," NBER Working Papers 1015, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pindyck, Robert S. & Rotemberg, Julio., 1982. "Dynamic factor demands under rational expectations," Working papers 1351-82., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Ronald W. Jones, 2000. "Globalization and the Theory of Input Trade," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026210086x, January.
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit & Yabuuchi, Shigemi, 2007. "Foreign Capital and Skilled-unskilled Wage Inequality in a Developing Economy with Non-traded Goods," MPRA Paper 2645, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Avik Chakrabarti, 2006. "Factor price equalization beyond a “cubic” world," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 27(2), pages 483-491, January.
- Ronald W. Jones, 1965. "The Structure of Simple General Equilibrium Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 557-557.
- Chakrabarti, Avik, 2009. "Internal adjustment costs in capital-intensive and labor-intensive industries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 76-77, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anwar, Sajid, 2013. "Outsourcing and the skilled–unskilled wage gap," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 118(2), pages 347-350.
- repec:wsi:wschap:9789813141094_0014 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fariha Kamal & Mary E. Lovely & Puman Ouyang, 2017.
"Does deeper integration enhance spatial advantages? Market access and wage growth in China,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: International Economic Integration and Domestic Performance, chapter 14, pages 255-270
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Kamal, Fariha & Lovely, Mary E. & Ouyang, Puman, 2012. "Does deeper integration enhance spatial advantages? Market access and wage growth in China," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 59-74.
- Pi, Jiancai & Zhou, Yu, 2013. "Institutional quality and skilled–unskilled wage inequality," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 356-363.
- Beladi, Hamid & Oladi, Reza, 2011. "An elementary proposition on technical progress and non-traded goods," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 68-71, January.
- Maroula Khraiche, 2009. "Trade, Firm Structure, and Migration of Talent," Working papers 2009-35, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Pi, Jiancai & Zhou, Yu, 2012. "Public infrastructure provision and skilled–unskilled wage inequality in developing countries," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 881-887.
- Anwar, Sajid & Sun, Sizhong & Valadkhani, Abbas, 2013. "International outsourcing of skill intensive tasks and wage inequality," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 590-597.
- Bakhtiari, Sasan, 2012. "Offshoring, wages and the growing skill gap: Advocating offshoring without sectoral reallocation," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 46-58.
- Khraiche, Maroula, 2014. "Trade, capital adjustment and the migration of talent," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 24-40.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational trade General equilibrium Heckscher-Ohlin-Samuelson theory Adjustment costs Factor price determination Skilled-unskilled wage inequality;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:reveco:v:19:y:2010:i:2:p:340-345. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620165 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.