Extortion and Informal Sector in a Small Open Economy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N, 1982. "Directly Unproductive, Profit-seeking (DUP) Activities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(5), pages 988-1002, October.
- Kar, Saibal & Marjit, Sugata, 2009. "Urban informal sector and poverty," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 631-642, October.
- Beladi, Hamid & Yabuuchi, Shigemi, 2001. "Tariff-induced capital inflow and welfare in the presence of unemployment and informal sector," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 51-60, January.
- Marjit, Sugata & Ghosh, Sudeep & Biswas, Amit, 2007. "Informality, corruption and trade reform," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 777-789, September.
- Marjit, Sugata, 2003. "Economic reform and informal wage--a general equilibrium analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 371-378, October.
- Marcouiller, Douglas & Young, Leslie, 1995. "The Black Hole of Graft: The Predatory State and the Informal Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 630-646, June.
- Kar, Saibal & Marjit, Sugata, 2001. "Informal sector in general equilibrium: welfare effects of trade policy reforms," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 289-300, July.
- Marjit, Sugata & Kar, Saibal & Beladi, Hamid, 2007. "Protectionary bias in agriculture: A pure economic argument," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 160-164, June.
- Ethier, Wilfred J., 1984. "Higher dimensional issues in trade theory," Handbook of International Economics,in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 3, pages 131-184 Elsevier.
- Hamid Beladi & Sugata Marjit, 1992. "Foreign Capital and Protectionism," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 25(1), pages 233-238, February.
- Mandal, Biswajit & Marjit, Sugata, 2010. "Corruption and wage inequality?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 166-172, January.
- Sugata Marjit & Saibal Kar & Hamid Beladi, 2007. "Trade Reform and Informal Wages," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(2), pages 313-320, May.
- Sarbajit Chaudhuri, 2003. "How and how far to liberalize a developing economy with informal sector and factor market distortions," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(4), pages 403-428.
- Ronald W. Jones, 1965. "The Structure of Simple General Equilibrium Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 557-557.
- Jones, R.W. & Marjit, S., 1992. "International Trade and Endogenous Production Structures," RCER Working Papers 312, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit & Mukhopadhyay, Ujjaini, 2009. "Revisiting the Informal Sector: A General Equilibrium Approach," MPRA Paper 52135, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Skaperdas, Stergios & Syropoulos, Constantinos, 1997. "The Distribution of Income in the Presence of Appropriative Activities," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 64(253), pages 101-117, February.
- Ronald Jones & Sugata Marjit, 2009. "Competitive trade models and real world features," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 41(1), pages 163-174, October.
- Marjit, Sugata & Beladi, Hamid, 1999. "Complementarity between Import Competition and Import Promotion," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 280-285, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mandal, Biswajit & Chaudhuri, Saswati, 2010. "Informal Wage, Informal Price and Extortion under Migration and Tariff Reform," MPRA Paper 28704, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational Trade; Extortion; General Equilibrium.;
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
- D5 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-09-25 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:25044. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.