Globalization, Reform and the Informal Sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alchian, Armen A & Demsetz, Harold, 1972.
"Production , Information Costs, and Economic Organization,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 62(5), pages 777-795, December.
- Armen A. Alchian & Harold Demsetz, 1971. "Production, Information Costs and Economic Organizations," UCLA Economics Working Papers 10A, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Kar, Saibal & Marjit, Sugata, 2001. "Informal sector in general equilibrium: welfare effects of trade policy reforms," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 289-300, July.
- Marjit, Sugata & Chowdhury, Prabal Roy, 2004. "Asymmetric capacity costs and joint venture buy-outs," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 425-438, July.
- Koujianou Goldberg, Pinelopi & Pavcnik, Nina, 2003.
"The response of the informal sector to trade liberalization,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 463-496, December.
- Pinelopi K. Goldberg & Nina Pavcnik, 2003. "The Response of the Informal Sector to Trade Liberalization," NBER Working Papers 9443, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Goldberg, Pinelopi Koujianou & Pavcnik, Nina, 2003. "The Response of the Informal Sector to Trade Liberalization," CEPR Discussion Papers 3874, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Oliver E. Williamson & Michael L. Wachter & Jeffrey E. Harris, 1975. "Understanding the Employment Relation: The Analysis of Idiosyncratic Exchange," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 6(1), pages 250-278, Spring.
- Marjit, Sugata & Ghosh, Sudeep & Biswas, Amit, 2007. "Informality, corruption and trade reform," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 777-789, September.
- Wuyts, Marc, 2001. "Informal Economy, Wage Goods and Accumulation under Structural Adjustment Theoretical Reflections Based on the Tanzanian Experience," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(3), pages 417-438, May.
- Ronald W. Jones, 1965. "The Structure of Simple General Equilibrium Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 557-557.
- Marjit, Sugata, 2003. "Economic reform and informal wage--a general equilibrium analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 371-378, October.
- Carruth, Alan A. & Oswald, Andrew J., 1981. "The determination of union and non-union wage rates," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 285-302.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Simplice Asongu, 2015.
"Liberalisation and Financial Sector Competition: A Critical Contribution to the Empirics with an African Assessment,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 83(3), pages 425-451, September.
- Asongu, Simplice A, 2013. "Liberalization and financial sector competition: a critical contribution to the empirics with an African assessment," MPRA Paper 52212, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Asongu Simplice, 2013. "Liberalization and financial sector competition: a critical contribution to the empirics with an African assessment," Working Papers 13/031, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Asha Sundaram, 2015.
"The Impact of Trade Liberalization on Micro Enterprises: Do Banks Matter? Evidence from Indian Manufacturing,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 77(6), pages 832-853, December.
- Asha Sundaram, 2011. "The Impact of Trade Liberalization on Micro Enterprises: Do Banks Matter? Evidence from Indian Manufacturing," Working Papers 225, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Pham, Thi Hong Hanh, 2017. "Impacts of globalization on the informal sector: Empirical evidence from developing countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 207-218.
- PHAM Thi Hong Hanh, 2011. "Globalisation versus Informality: Evidence from developing countries," FIW Working Paper series 074, FIW.
- Mitra, Sudeshna & Gupta, Kausik, 2017. "Liberalization and Welfare Conditions of a Developing Economy: A General Equilibrium Analysis," MPRA Paper 85230, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Victor Tanaka, 2010. "The ‘informal sector’ and the political economy of development," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 145(1), pages 295-317, October.
- Marjit, Sugata & Kar, Saibal, 2007. "Labor productivity growth, informal wage and capital mobility: A general equilibrium analysis," MPRA Paper 23912, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2008.
- Roychowdhury, Punarjit & Dutta, Mousumi, 2011. "Regulation, governance and informality: an empirical analysis of selected countries," MPRA Paper 33775, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Popli, Gurleen K., 2010.
"Trade Liberalization and the Self-Employed in Mexico,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 803-813, June.
- Popli, Gurleen K., 2008. "Trade Liberalization and the Self-employed in Mexico," WIDER Working Paper Series 005, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ghosh Dastidar, Sayantan, 2015. "Manufacturing and Trade Liberalisation of India: Continuing the Debate," MPRA Paper 61907, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsinformal sector; reformatory policies; production organization;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:rp2005-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .