How and how far to liberalize a developing economy with informal sector and factor market distortions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Anthony Bottomley, 1975. "Interest Rate Determination in Underdeveloped Rural Areas," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 57(2), pages 279-291.
- Khan, M. Ali, 1982. "Tariffs, foreign capital and immiserizing growth with urban unemployment and specific factors of production," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 245-256, April.
- Mishra, Ajit, 1994. "Clientelization and fragmentation in backward agriculture: Forward induction and entry deterrence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 271-285, December.
- Hamid Beladi & Sugata Marjit, 1992. "Foreign Capital and Protectionism," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 25(1), pages 233-238, February.
- Marjit, Sugata & Beladi, Hamid, 1996.
"Protection and the gainful effects of foreign capital,"
Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 311-316, December.
- Marjit, Sugata & Beladi, Seyed Abdolhamid, 1997. "Protection and the gainful effects of foreign capital," Discussion Papers, Series II 334, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
- Sarbajit Chaudhuri & Ujjaini Mukhopadhyay, 2002. "Economic liberalization and welfare in a model with an informal sector," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 10(1), pages 143-172.
- Beladi, Hamid & Marjit, Sugata, 1992. "Foreign capital, unemployment and national welfare," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 311-317, December.
- Chaudhuri, Tamal Datta, 1989. "A theoretical analysis of the informal sector," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 351-355, March.
- Chandra, Vandana & Khan, M Ali, 1993. "Foreign Investment in the Presence of an Informal Sector," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 60(237), pages 79-103, February.
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit & Mukherjee, Ujjaini, 2002.
"Removal of protectionism, foreign investment and welfare in a model of informal sector,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 101-116, January.
- Sarbajit Chaudhuri & Ujjaini Mukherjee, 2005. "Removal Of Protectionism, Foreign Investment And Welfare In A Model Of Informal Sector," International Trade 0511009, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Grinols, Earl L, 1991. "Unemployment and Foreign Capital: The Relative Opportunity Costs of Domestic Labour and Welfare," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 58(229), pages 107-121, February.
- Gupta, Manash Ranjan, 1997. "Foreign Capital and the Informal Sector: Comments," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 64(254), pages 353-363, May.
More about this item
KeywordsTrade liberalization; general equilibrium; foreign capital; tariff reform; labour market reform; informal sector; non-traded intermediary;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jitecd:v:12:y:2003:i:4:p:403-428. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RJTE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.