Removal Of Protectionism, Foreign Investment And Welfare In A Model Of Informal Sector
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit & Mukherjee, Ujjaini, 2002. "Removal of protectionism, foreign investment and welfare in a model of informal sector," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 101-116, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Khan, M. Ali, 1982. "Tariffs, foreign capital and immiserizing growth with urban unemployment and specific factors of production," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 245-256, April.
- Motta, Massimo, 1992. "Multinational firms and the tariff-jumping argument : A game theoretic analysis with some unconventional conclusions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1557-1571, December.
- Bliss, Christopher & Stern, Nicholas, 1978. "Productivity, wages and nutrition : Part I: the theory," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 331-362, December.
- Beladi, Hamid & Marjit, Sugata, 1992. "Foreign capital, unemployment and national welfare," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 311-317, December.
- Brecher, Richard A. & Diaz Alejandro, Carlos F., 1977. "Tariffs, foreign capital and immiserizing growth," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 317-322, November.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Ray, Debraj, 1986. "Inequality as a Determinant of Malnutrition and Unemployment: Theory," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(384), pages 1011-1034, December.
- Grinols, Earl L, 1991. "Unemployment and Foreign Capital: The Relative Opportunity Costs of Domestic Labour and Welfare," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 58(229), pages 107-121, February.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1976. "The Efficiency Wage Hypothesis, Surplus Labour, and the Distribution of Income in L.D.C.s," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(2), pages 185-207, July.
- Hamid Beladi & Sugata Marjit, 1992. "Foreign Capital and Protectionism," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 25(1), pages 233-238, February.
- Chandra, Vandana & Khan, M Ali, 1993. "Foreign Investment in the Presence of an Informal Sector," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 60(237), pages 79-103, February.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sarbajit Chaudhuri, 2005. "Direct Foreign Investment In A Small Open Economy And Global Trade Liberalization In Agriculture: A Note," International Trade 0510012, EconWPA.
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit & Banerjee, Dibyendu, 2007. "Economic liberalization, capital mobility and informal wage in a small open economy: A theoretical analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 924-940, November.
- Khan, M. Ali Khan, 2007. "The Harris-Todaro Hypothesis," MPRA Paper 2201, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Simplice Asongu, 2015.
"Liberalisation and Financial Sector Competition: A Critical Contribution to the Empirics with an African Assessment,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 83(3), pages 425-451, September.
- Asongu, Simplice A, 2013. "Liberalization and financial sector competition: a critical contribution to the empirics with an African assessment," MPRA Paper 52212, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Asongu Simplice, 2013. "Liberalization and financial sector competition: a critical contribution to the empirics with an African assessment," Working Papers 13/031, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Sarbajit Chaudhuri, 2001.
"Foreign Capital Inflow, Non-traded Intermediary, Urban Unemployment, and Welfare in a Small Open Economy: A Theoretical Analysis,"
The Pakistan Development Review,
Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 40(3), pages 225-235.
- Sarbajit Chaudhuri, 2005. "Foreign Capital Inflow, Non-Traded Intermediary, Urban Unemployment And Welfare In A Small Open Economy: A Theoretical Analysis," International Trade 0511008, EconWPA.
- Chatterjee, Tonmoy & Gupta, Kausik, 2014. "Trade Policies, Health Care and Social Welfare: A General Equilibrium Analysis," MPRA Paper 57315, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit & Banerjee, Dibyendu, 2006. "Economic Liberalization and Informal Wage in a Small Open Economy: Does Capital Mobility count?," MPRA Paper 1353, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chatterjee, Tonmoy & Gupta, Kausik, 2013. "Trade in Health Services and Globalization: The Role of Infinitesimal Changes of Trade Policy," MPRA Paper 57343, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit & Mukhopadhyay, Ujjaini, 2009. "Revisiting the Informal Sector: A General Equilibrium Approach," MPRA Paper 52135, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sarbajit Chaudhuri, 2005. "Tariff Structure In A Small Open Economy: A Theoretical Analysis," International Trade 0511006, EconWPA.
- Kausik Gupta & Tania Basu, 2004. "Foreign Capital Inflow, Skilled-Unskilled Wage Gap, and Welfare in the Presence of the Informal Sector," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 43(2), pages 125-147.
- Dwibedi, Jayanta & Chaudhuri, Sarbajit, 2011. "Poverty alleviation programs, FDI-led growth and child labour under agricultural dualism," MPRA Paper 29997, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marjit, Sugata & Kar, Saibal & Acharyya, Rajat, 2007. "Agricultural prospects and informal wage in general equilibrium," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 380-385, May.
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit, 2010. "Economic recession, demand constraint and labour markets in a developing economy," MPRA Paper 27433, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsForeign capital inflow; tariff reduction; mobility of labour; wage efficiency hypothesis; tariff-jumping theory;
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpit:0511009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .