Trade Reform, Capital Mobility, and Efficiency Wage in a Harris-Todaro Economy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Khan, M. Ali & Naqvi, Syed Nawab Haider, 1983. "Capital markets and urban unemployment," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3-4), pages 367-385, November.
- Tito Boeri & Pietro Garibaldi, "undated".
"Shadow Activity and Unemployment in a Depressed Labor Market,"
177, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Boeri, Tito & Garibaldi, Pietro, 2002. "Shadow Activity and Unemployment in a Depressed Labour Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 3433, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gupta, Manash Ranjan, 1997. "Informal sector and informal capital market in a small open less-developed economy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 409-428, April.
- Chao, Chi-Chur & Yu, Eden S. H., 1992. "Capital markets, urban unemployment and land," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 407-413, April.
- Sarbajit Chaudhuri, 2003. "How and how far to liberalize a developing economy with informal sector and factor market distortions," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(4), pages 403-428.
- James E. Rauch, 1993.
"Economic Development, Urban Underemployment, and Income Inequality,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 26(4), pages 901-918, November.
- James E. Rauch, 1991. "Economic Development, Urban Underemployment, and Income Inequality," NBER Working Papers 3758, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bliss, Christopher & Stern, Nicholas, 1978. "Productivity, wages and nutrition : Part II: Some observations," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 363-398, December.
- Fields, Gary S., 1989. "On-the-job search in a labor market model : Ex ante choices and ex post outcomes," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 159-178, January.
- Marjit, Sugata, 2003. "Economic reform and informal wage--a general equilibrium analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 371-378, October.
- Jones, R.W. & Marjit, S., 1992. "International Trade and Endogenous Production Structures," RCER Working Papers 312, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Marcouiller, Douglas & Young, Leslie, 1995. "The Black Hole of Graft: The Predatory State and the Informal Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 630-646, June.
- Yoshiaki Azuma & Herschel I. Grossman, 2008. "A Theory Of The Informal Sector," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 62-79, March.
- Rauch, James E., 1991. "Modelling the informal sector formally," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 33-47, January.
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit & Mukhopadhyay, Ujjaini, 2003.
"Free Education Policy and Trade Liberalization: Consequences on Child and Adult Labour Markets in a Small Open Economy,"
Journal of Economic Integration,
Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 18, pages 336-359.
- Sarbajit Chaudhuri & Ujjaini Mukhopadhyay, 2005. "Free Education Policy And Trade Liberalization: Consequences On Child And Adult Labour Markets In A Small Open Economy," Labor and Demography 0510018, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chandra, Vandana & Khan, M Ali, 1993. "Foreign Investment in the Presence of an Informal Sector," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 60(237), pages 79-103, February.
- Shigemi Yabuuchi & Hamid Beladi, 2001. "Urban unemployment, informal sector and development policies," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 74(3), pages 301-314, October.
- Kar, Saibal & Marjit, Sugata, 2001. "Informal sector in general equilibrium: welfare effects of trade policy reforms," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 289-300, July.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N. & Srinivasan, T. N., 1977.
"Education in a `job ladder' model and the fairness-in-hiring rule,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 1-22, February.
- J. N. Bhagwati & T. N. Srinivasan, 1975. "Education in a 'Job Ladder' Model and the Fairness-in-Hiring Rule," Working papers 159, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Khan, M Ali, 1991. "Ethnic Groups and the Heckscher-Ohlin-Samuelson Trade Model," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 1(4), pages 355-371, October.
- Yabuuchi, Shigemi & Hamid, Hamid, 2005. "Foreign Investment, Urban Unemployment, and Informal Sector," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 20, pages 123-138.
- Jai-Young Choi, 1999. "Factor Growth, Urban Unemployment and Welfare Under Variable Returns to Scale," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 17-34.
- Gupta, Manash Ranjan, 1993. "Rural-urban migation, informal sector and development policies A theoretical analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 137-151, June.
- Grinols, Earl L, 1991. "Unemployment and Foreign Capital: The Relative Opportunity Costs of Domestic Labour and Welfare," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 58(229), pages 107-121, February.
- Yoshiaki Azuma & Herschel I. Grossman, 2008.
"A Theory Of The Informal Sector,"
Economics and Politics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 62-79, 03.
- Yoshiaki Azuma & Herschel I. Grossman, 2002. "A Theory of the Informal Sector," NBER Working Papers 8823, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yoshiaki Azuma & Herschel I. Grossman, 2002. "A Theory of the Informal Sector," Working Papers 2002-07, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
- Manjusri Bandyopadhyay & Manas Gupta, 1995. "Development policies in the presence of an informal sector: A note," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 61(3), pages 301-315, October. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
More about this item
KeywordsTrade Reform; Capital Mobility; Efficiency Wage;
- F01 - International Economics - - General - - - Global Outlook
- O24 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Trade Policy; Factor Movement; Foreign Exchange Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pid:journl:v:46:y:2007:i:2:p:163-174. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Khurram Iqbal). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/pideipk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.