Should informal sector be subsidised?
This paper explains the impact of output subsidy to the informal sector on urban unemployment and domestic factor income in a mobile capital model where urban formal wage is endogenous and the informal sector has global exposure.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fields, Gary S., 1975. "Rural-urban migration, urban unemployment and underemployment, and job-search activity in LDCs," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 165-187, June.
- Khan, M. Ali & Naqvi, Syed Nawab Haider, 1983. "Capital markets and urban unemployment," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3-4), pages 367-385, November.
- Gupta, Manash Ranjan, 1987. "Rural-Urban Migration and Urban Unemployment: A Note," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 34(3), pages 295-305, August.
- Chandra, Vandana & Khan, M Ali, 1993. "Foreign Investment in the Presence of an Informal Sector," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 60(237), pages 79-103, February.
- Quibria, M G, 1988. "Migration, Trade Unions, and the Informal Sector: A Note on Calvo," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 29(3), pages 557-563, August.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
- Manjusri Bandyopadhyay & Manas Gupta, 1995. "Development policies in the presence of an informal sector: A note," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 61(3), pages 301-315, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:1775. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.