Development policies in the presence of an informal sector: A note
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marjit, Sugata, 1991. "Agro-based industry and rural-urban migration : A case for an urban employment subsidy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 393-398, April.
- Corden, W M & Findlay, Ronald, 1975. "Urban Unemployment, Intersectoral Capital Mobility and Development Policy," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 42(165), pages 59-78, February.
- Gupta, Manash Ranjan, 1995. "Tax on foreign capital income and wage subsidy to the urban sector in the Harris-Todaro model," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 469-479, August.
- L. Wade, 1988. "Review," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 58(1), pages 99-100, July.
- Grinols, Earl L, 1991. "Unemployment and Foreign Capital: The Relative Opportunity Costs of Domestic Labour and Welfare," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 58(229), pages 107-121, February.
- McCool, Thomas J, 1982. "Wage Subsidies and Distortionary Taxes in a Mobile Capital Harris-Todaro Model," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 49(193), pages 69-79, February.
- Hamid Beladi & Sugata Marjit, 1992. "Foreign Capital and Protectionism," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 25(1), pages 233-238, February.
- Batra, Raveendra N & Naqvi, Nadeem, 1987. "Urban Unemployment and the Gains from Trade," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 54(215), pages 381-395, August.
- Stark, Oded, 1982. "On modelling the informal sector," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 413-416, May.
- Khan, M. Ali, 1980. "The Harris-Todaro hypothesis and the Heckscher-Ohlin-Samuelson trade model : A synthesis," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 527-547, November.
- Chaudhuri, Tamal Datta, 1989. "A theoretical analysis of the informal sector," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 351-355, March.
- Jones, R.W. & Marjit, S., 1992. "International Trade and Endogenous Production Structures," RCER Working Papers 312, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Chandra, Vandana & Khan, M Ali, 1993. "Foreign Investment in the Presence of an Informal Sector," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 60(237), pages 79-103, February.
- Quibria, M G, 1988. "Migration, Trade Unions, and the Informal Sector: A Note on Calvo," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 29(3), pages 557-563, August.
- Gupta, Manash Ranjan, 1993. "Rural-urban migation, informal sector and development policies A theoretical analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 137-151, June.
- Kaushik C. Basu, 1980. "Optimal Policies in Dual Economies," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 95(1), pages 187-196.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Titas Kumar Bandopadhyay, 2007. "Trade Reform, Capital Mobility, and Efficiency Wage in a Harris-Todaro Economy," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 46(2), pages 163-174.
- Bandopadhyay, Titas Kumar, 2006. "Should informal sector be subsidised?," MPRA Paper 1775, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- M. Ali Khan, 2007. "The Harris-Todaro Hypothesis," PIDE-Working Papers 2007:16, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Carillo, Maria Rosaria & Pugno, Maurizio, 2004. "The underground economy and underdevelopment," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 257-279, September.
- Gupta, Manash Ranjan, 1997. "Informal sector and informal capital market in a small open less-developed economy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 409-428, April.
- Titas Bandopadhyay, 2005. "Universal Education And Its Impact On The Child And The Adult Labour Market," GE, Growth, Math methods 0511002, EconWPA.
- Bandopadhyay, Titas Kumar, 2002.
"Foreign enclaves, informal sector and urban unemployment: A theoretical analysis,"
3136, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Titas Bandopadhyay, 2005. "Foreign Enclaves, Informal Sector And Urban Unemployment-A Theoretical Analysis," GE, Growth, Math methods 0511006, EconWPA.
- Kausik Gupta & Manash Gupta, 1998. "Foreign enclaves and economic development: A theoretical analysis," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 67(3), pages 317-336, October.
- Kausik Gupta & Tania Basu, 2004. "Foreign Capital Inflow, Skilled-Unskilled Wage Gap, and Welfare in the Presence of the Informal Sector," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 43(2), pages 125-147.
- Titas Bandopadhyay, 2005. "On-The-Job Search, Urban Informal Sector And The Development Policies-A General Equilibrium Analysis," GE, Growth, Math methods 0511004, EconWPA.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:413234 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ghosh, Jayati. & Sengupta, Amitayu. & Roychoudhury, Anamitra., 2008. "The impact of macroeconomic change on employment in the retail sector in India : policy implications for growth, sectoral change and employment," ILO Working Papers 994132343402676, International Labour Organization.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jeczfn:v:61:y:1995:i:3:p:301-315. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.