Agro-based industry and rural-urban migration : A case for an urban employment subsidy
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
- Chen, Jiong, 1994. "The Harris-Todaro model of labor migration and its commercial policy implications," ISU General Staff Papers 1994010108000011587, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit & Banerjee, Dibyendu, 2007. "Economic liberalization, capital mobility and informal wage in a small open economy: A theoretical analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 924-940, November.
- Marjit, Sugata & Beladi, Hamid, 2003. "Possibility or impossibility of paradoxes in the small country Harris-Todaro framework: a unifying analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 379-385, October.
- Vandana Chandra & Ralph El-Chami & Jeffrey Fischer, 1991. "Development policies in the presence of unemployment and non-traded intermediate goods," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 54(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Gilbert, John & Wahl, Thomas, 2001. "Export restrictions, urban unemployment, and the location of processing activities," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 105-110, April.
- Chi-Chur Chao & Eden S. H. Yu, 2014.
"The Impact of Export-Share Requirements Under Production Uncertainty,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: TRADE-RELATED INVESTMENT MEASURES Theory and Applications, chapter 7, pages 107-123
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Ingene, Charles A. & Yu, Eden S. H. & Chao, Chi-Chur, 2004. "The impact of export share requirements under production uncertainty," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 201-215.
- Gupta, Manash Ranjan, 1995. "Tax on foreign capital income and wage subsidy to the urban sector in the Harris-Todaro model," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 469-479, August.
- M. Ali Khan, 2007. "The Harris-Todaro Hypothesis," PIDE-Working Papers 2007:16, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Mukherjee, Soumyatanu, 2012. "Revisiting the Apparent Paradox: Foreign Capital Inflow, Welfare Amelioration and ‘Jobless Growth’ with Agricultural Dualism and Non-traded Intermediate Input," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 27, pages 123-133.
- Mukherjee, Soumyatanu, 2011. "Revisiting the Apparent Paradox: Foreign Capital Inflow, Welfare Amelioration and ‘Jobless Growth’ with Agricultural Dualism and Non-traded Intermediate Input," MPRA Paper 33410, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sugata Marjit & Biswajit Mandal, 2016. "International Trade, Migration and Unemployment – The Role of Informal Sector," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(1), pages 8-22, March.
- Marjit, Sugata & Mandal, Biswajit, 2015. "International Trade, Migration and Unemployment – The Role of Informal Sector," MPRA Paper 68225, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marjit, Sugata & Mandal, Biswajit, 2014. "Finite Change – Implication for Trade Theory, Policy and Development," MPRA Paper 68228, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Beladi, Hamid & Chao, Chi-Chur, 2000. "Urban unemployment, rural labor monopsony, and optimal policies," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 1-9, January.
- Marjit, Sugata & Kar, Saibal & Acharyya, Rajat, 2007. "Agricultural prospects and informal wage in general equilibrium," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 380-385, May.
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit & Banerjee, Dibyendu, 2006. "Economic Liberalization and Informal Wage in a Small Open Economy: Does Capital Mobility count?," MPRA Paper 1353, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pi Jiancai & Yin Jun, 2016. "Privatization, Unemployment, and Welfare in the Harris-Todaro Model with a Mixed Duopoly," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 16(4), pages 1-12, October.
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit & Mukhopadhyay, Ujjaini, 2009. "Revisiting the Informal Sector: A General Equilibrium Approach," MPRA Paper 52135, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yabuuchi, Shigemi, 1997. "Urban unemployment, international labor mobility and welfare," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 71-79, March.
- Manjusri Bandyopadhyay & Manas Gupta, 1995. "Development policies in the presence of an informal sector: A note," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 61(3), pages 301-315, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:35:y:1991:i:2:p:393-398. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed