Economic liberalization, gender wage inequality and welfare – a theoretical analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chamarbagwala, Rubiana, 2006. "Economic Liberalization and Wage Inequality in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 1997-2015, December.
- Ramachandran, Nira, 2006. "Women and Food Security in South Asia: Current Issues and Emerging Concerns," WIDER Working Paper Series 131, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit, 2007.
"Foreign capital, welfare and urban unemployment in the presence of agricultural dualism,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 149-165, March.
- Sarbajit Chaudhuri, 2005. "Foreign Capital, Welfare And Urban Unemployment In The Presence Of Agricultural Dualism," International Trade 0510010, EconWPA.
- Haddad, Lawrence & Hoddinott, John & Alderman, Harold & DEC, 1994. "Intrahousehold resource allocation : an overview," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1255, The World Bank.
- Gunseli Berik, 2000. "Mature Export-Led Growth and Gender Wage Inequality in Taiwan," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 1-26.
- Bliss, Christopher & Stern, Nicholas, 1978. "Productivity, wages and nutrition : Part I: the theory," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 331-362, December.
- Brecher, Richard A. & Diaz Alejandro, Carlos F., 1977. "Tariffs, foreign capital and immiserizing growth," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 317-322, November.
- Altonji, Joseph G & Hayashi, Fumio & Kotlikoff, Laurence J, 1992.
"Is the Extended Family Altruistically Linked? Direct Tests Using Micro Data,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1177-1198, December.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Fumio Hayashi & Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 1989. "Is the Extended Family Altruistically Linked? Direct Tests Using Micro Data," NBER Working Papers 3046, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Siwan Anderson & Jean-Marie Baland, 2002.
"The Economics of Roscas and Intrahousehold Resource Allocation,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 117(3), pages 963-995.
- Siwan Anderson, 2000. "The Economics of Roscas and Intra-Household Resource Allocation," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1323, Econometric Society.
- Anderson, K.S. & Baland, J-M., 2000. "The Economics of Roscas and Intra-Household Resource Allocation," Discussion Paper 2000-83, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Hazarika, Gautam & Otero, Rafael, 2004. "Foreign Trade and the Gender Earnings Differential in Urban Mexico," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 19, pages 353-373.
- Elissa Braunstein & Mark Brenner, 2007. "Foreign direct investment and gendered wages in urban China," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3-4), pages 213-237.
- Remco H. Oostendorp, 2009. "Globalization and the Gender Wage Gap," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 23(1), pages 141-161, January.
- Kusago, Takayoshi & Barham, Bradford L., 2001. "Preference Heterogeneity, Power, and Intrahousehold Decision-Making in Rural Malaysia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1237-1256, July.
- G¸nseli Berik & Yana van der Meulen Rodgers & Joseph E. Zveglich, 2004. "International Trade and Gender Wage Discrimination: Evidence from East Asia," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(2), pages 237-254, May.
- Rizwana Siddiqui, 2007. "Modelling Gender Dimensions of the Impact of Economic Reforms in Pakistan," Working Papers MPIA 2007-13, PEP-MPIA.
- Barry Reilly & Puja Vasudeva Dutta, 2005. "The Gender Pay Gap and Trade Liberalisation: Evidence for India," PRUS Working Papers 32, Poverty Research Unit at Sussex, University of Sussex.
- Marjit, Sugata & Broll, Udo & Mitra, Sandip, 1997. "Targeting Sectors for Foreign Capital Inflow in a Small Developing Economy," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 101-106, February.
- Marjit, Sugata & Beladi, Hamid, 1996.
"Protection and the gainful effects of foreign capital,"
Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 311-316, December.
- Marjit, Sugata & Beladi, Seyed Abdolhamid, 1997. "Protection and the gainful effects of foreign capital," Discussion Papers, Series II 334, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
- Hoque, Serajul, 2005. "The impact of tariff reduction on Bangladesh economy: a computable general equilibrium assessment," MPRA Paper 16246, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sarbajit Chaudhuri & Shigemi Yabuuchi & Ujjaini Mukhopadhyay, 2006. "Inflow Of Foreign Capital And Trade Liberalization In A Model With An Informal Sector And Urban Unemployment," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(1), pages 87-103, February.
- Menon, Nidhiya & Rodgers, Yana van der Meulen, 2009. "International Trade and the Gender Wage Gap: New Evidence from India's Manufacturing Sector," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 965-981, May.
- Sarbajit Chaudhuri, 2005. "Labour Market Distortion, Technology Transfer And Gainful Effects Of Foreign Capital," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 73(2), pages 214-227, March.
- Cheolsung Park, 2001. "Is Extended Family in Low-Income Countries Altruistically Linked?," Departmental Working Papers wp0107, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dorothée Boccanfuso & Jonathan Goyette & Cho Euphrasie Monique ANGBO, 2014. "Constraints to women’s entrepreneurship and welfare in developing countries," EcoMod2014 6844, EcoMod.
More about this item
Keywordsgender; wage inequality; foreign capital inflow; tariff cut;
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-HME-2011-08-29 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-LAB-2011-08-29 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:32954. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.