Competitiveness and technical efficiency: Determinants in the groundnut oil sector of India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Jirong & Cramer, Gail L. & Wailes, Eric J., 1996.
"Production efficiency of Chinese agriculture: evidence from rural household survey data,"
Blackwell, vol. 15(1), pages 17-28, September.
- Wang, Jirong & Cramer, Gail L. & Wailes, Eric J., 1996. "Production efficiency of Chinese agriculture: evidence from rural household survey data," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 15(1), September.
- Vernon W. Ruttan, 2002.
"Productivity Growth in World Agriculture: Sources and Constraints,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 16(4), pages 161-184, Fall.
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 2002. "Productivity Growth In World Agriculture: Sources And Constraints," Staff Papers 14176, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Rahman, Sanzidur, 2003.
"Profit efficiency among Bangladeshi rice farmers,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(5-6), pages 487-503.
- S Rahman, 2002. "Profit Efficiency Among Bangladeshi Rice Farmers," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0203, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Rahman, Sanzidur, 2003. "Profit Efficiency Among Bangladeshi Rice Farmers," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25898, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Dios-Palomares, Rafaela & Martínez-Paz, José M., 2011. "Technical, quality and environmental efficiency of the olive oil industry," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 526-534, August.
- H. Frederick Gale, 1998. "Rural Manufacturing on the Crest of the Wave: A Count Data Analysis of Technology Use," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(2), pages 347-359.
- Wilson, Paul & Hadley, David & Asby, Carol, 2001.
"The influence of management characteristics on the technical efficiency of wheat farmers in eastern England,"
Blackwell, vol. 24(3), pages 329-338, March.
- Wilson, Paul & Hadley, David & Asby, Carol, 2001. "The influence of management characteristics on the technical efficiency of wheat farmers in eastern England," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 24(3), March.
- Brennan, John P. & Bantilan, M. C. S., 2003. "Price and yield effects of spill-overs in international agricultural research: evidence from ICRISAT and Australia," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 28(2), pages 87-97, March.
- Songqing Jin & Jikun Huang & Ruifa Hu & Scott Rozelle, 2002.
"The Creation and Spread of Technology and Total Factor Productivity in China's Agriculture,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(4), pages 916-930.
- Jin, Songqing & Huang, Jikun & Hu, Ruifa & Rozelle, Scott, 2001. "The Creation And Spread Of Technology And Total Factor Productivity In China'S Agriculture," Working Papers 11981, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Ashok Gulati, 2002. "Indian Agriculture in a Globalizing World," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(3), pages 754-761.
- Tauer, Loren W. & Mishra, Ashok K., 2006.
"Can the small dairy farm remain competitive in US agriculture?,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 458-468, October.
- Tauer, Loren W. & Mishra, Ashok K., 2003. "Can the Small Dairy Farm Remain Competitive in U.S. Agriculture?," Working Papers 127239, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Snapp, S. S. & Blackie, M. J. & Donovan, C., 2003. "Realigning research and extension to focus on farmers' constraints and opportunities," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 349-363, August.
- Majumdar, Sumit K, 1998. "Assessing Comparative Efficiency of the State-Owned Mixed and Private Sectors in Indian Industry," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 96(1-2), pages 1-24, July.
- Binam, Joachim Nyemeck & Tonye, Jean & wandji, Njankoua & Nyambi, Gwendoline & Akoa, Mireille, 2004. "Factors affecting the technical efficiency among smallholder farmers in the slash and burn agriculture zone of Cameroon," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 531-545, October.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Catherine J. Morrison, 1997. "Structural Change, Capital Investment and Productivity in the Food Processing Industry," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 110-125.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sharma, P. & Dupare, B.U., 2016. "Total Factor Productivity Growth and Returns from Research Investment on Soybean in India," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 29(1).
- repec:bla:afrdev:v:29:y:2017:i:1:p:28-43 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rani, Usha & Reddy, G.P. & Prasad, Y.E. & Reddy, A. Amarender, 2014. "Competitiveness of Major Crops in Post-WTO Period in Andhra Pradesh," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 69(1).
- repec:wly:agribz:v:33:y:2017:i:4:p:505-521 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jagris:v:7:y:2017:i:12:p:96-:d:120345 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sanzidur Rahman & Mohammad Mizanul Haque Kazal & Ismat Ara Begum & Mohammad Jahangir Alam, 2016. "Competitiveness, Profitability, Input Demand and Output Supply of Maize Production in Bangladesh," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(2), pages 1-14, May.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:9:p:1648-:d:112190 is not listed on IDEAS
- Singh, Amarendra Pratap & Narayanan, Krishnan, 2016. "How can weather affect crop area diversity? Panel data evidence from Andhra Pradesh, a rice growing state of India," Studies in Agricultural Economics, Research Institute for Agricultural Economics, vol. 118(2), August.
- Magdalena Kapelko, 2017.
"Dynamic versus static inefficiency assessment of the Polish meat‐processing industry in the aftermath of the European Union integration and financial crisis,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 33(4), pages 505-521, September.
- Kapelko, Magdalena, 2015. "Dynamic versus Static Inefficiency Assessment of the Polish Meat-Processing Industry in the Aftermath of the European Union Integration and Financial Crisis," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211830, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:37:y:2012:i:3:p:255-263. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.