Realigning research and extension to focus on farmers' constraints and opportunities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Donovan, Cynthia & Damaseke, M. & Govereh, Jones & Simumba, D., 2000.
"Framework and Initial Analyses of Fertilizer Profitability in Maize and Cotton in Zambia,"
Food Security Collaborative Working Papers
54460, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Donovan, Cynthia & Damaseke, M. & Govereh, Jones & Simumba, D., 2002. "Framework and Initial Analyses of Fertilizer Profitability in Maize and Cotton in Zambia," Food Security Collaborative Policy Briefs 54606, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Farrington, John, 1995. "The changing public role in agricultural extension," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 537-544, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mkondiwa, Maxwell Gibson, 2015. "Whither Broad or Spatially Specific Fertilizer Recommendations?," Master's Theses 237344, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- repec:spr:ssefpa:v:9:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s12571-017-0674-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kindie, Getnet & Verbeke, Wim & Viaene, Jacques, 2003. "Stochastic Producer Prices and Shock Persistence in Agriculture: Implications for Food Policy and Price Information," Ethiopian Journal of Economics, Ethiopian Economics Association, vol. 12(2).
- Roxburgh, Caspar W. & Rodriguez, Daniel, 2016. "Ex-ante analysis of opportunities for the sustainable intensification of maize production in Mozambique," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 142(C), pages 9-22.
- Katengeza, Samson P. & Holden , Stein T. & Fisher , Monica, 2017. "Adoption of Soil Fertility Management Technologies in Malawi: Impact of Drought Exposure," CLTS Working Papers 11/17, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Centre for Land Tenure Studies.
- Klerkx, Laurens & Leeuwis, Cees, 2008. "Institutionalizing end-user demand steering in agricultural R&D: Farmer levy funding of R&D in The Netherlands," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 460-472, April.
- Howard, Julie & Crawford, Eric & Kelly, Valerie & Demeke, Mulat & Jeje, Jose Jaime, 2003. "Promoting high-input maize technologies in Africa: the Sasakawa-Global 2000 experience in Ethiopia and Mozambique," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 335-348, August.
- Amarender Reddy, A. & Bantilan, Ma Cynthia S., 2012. "Competitiveness and technical efficiency: Determinants in the groundnut oil sector of India," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 255-263.
- Edilegnaw, Wale, 2003. "What do Farmers financially lose if they fail to use improved Seeds? Some Econometric Results for Wheat and Implications for Agricultural Extension Policy in Ethiopia," Ethiopian Journal of Economics, Ethiopian Economics Association, vol. 12(2).
- Klerkx, Laurens & Nettle, Ruth, 2013. "Achievements and challenges of innovation co-production support initiatives in the Australian and Dutch dairy sectors: A comparative study," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 74-89.
- Kelly, Valerie A., 2005. "Farmers' Demand for Fertilizer in Sub-Saharan Africa," Staff Papers 11612, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Crawford, Eric W. & Jayne, Thomas S. & Kelly, Valerie A., 2005. "Alternative Approaches for Promoting Fertilizer Use in Africa, with Particular Reference to the Role of Fertilizer Subsidies," Staff Papers 11557, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Kelly, Valerie & Adesina, Akinwumi A. & Gordon, Ann, 2003. "Expanding access to agricultural inputs in Africa: a review of recent market development experience," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 379-404, August.
- Labarthe, Pierre & Laurent, Catherine, 2013. "Privatization of agricultural extension services in the EU: Towards a lack of adequate knowledge for small-scale farms?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 240-252.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:255:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-015-2066-3 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:28:y:2003:i:4:p:349-363. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .