Social networks and farmer exposure to improved crop varieties in Tanzania
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Santos, Paulo & Barrett, Christopher B., 2010. "Identity, Interest and Information Search in a Dynamic Rural Economy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(12), pages 1788-1796, December.
- James E. Rauch, 2010. "Does Network Theory Connect to the Rest of Us? A Review of Matthew O. Jackson's Social and Economic Networks," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 48(4), pages 980-986, December.
- Heidi Hogset & Christopher B. Barrett, 2010. "Social Learning, Social Influence, and Projection Bias: A Caution on Inferences Based on Proxy Reporting of Peer Behavior," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(3), pages 563-589, April.
- Oriana Bandiera & Imran Rasul, 2006.
"Social Networks and Technology Adoption in Northern Mozambique,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(514), pages 869-902, October.
- Bandiera, Oriana & Rasul, Imran, 2002. "Social Networks and Technology Adoption in Northern Mozambique," CEPR Discussion Papers 3341, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bandiera, Oriana & Rasul, Imran, 2002. "Social networks and technology adoption in Northern Mozambique," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3539, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Oriana Bandiera & Imran Rasul, 2002. "Social Networks and Technology Adoption in Northern Mozambique," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 35, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Katleen Van den Broeck & Stefan Dercon, 2011. "Information Flows and Social Externalities in a Tanzanian Banana Growing Village," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(2), pages 231-252.
- Ira Matuschke & Matin Qaim, 2009. "The impact of social networks on hybrid seed adoption in India," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(5), pages 493-505, September.
- Bellon, Mauricio R. & Reeves, Jane, 2002. "Quantitative Analysis Of Data From Participatory Methods In Plant Breeding," Manuals 23718, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- A. Colin Cameron & Jonah B. Gelbach & Douglas L. Miller, 2011.
"Robust Inference With Multiway Clustering,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(2), pages 238-249, April.
- House, Lisa & Mullady, Joy & Lobb, Alexandra E. & House, Mark, 2007. "The Influence of Culture on the Impact of Recommendations on Product Adoption: A Cross-Cultural Social Network Study," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon 9984, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Timothy G. Conley & Christopher R. Udry, 2010.
"Learning about a New Technology: Pineapple in Ghana,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 100(1), pages 35-69, March.
- Timothy G. Conley & Christopher R. Udry, 2005. "Learning about a new technology: pineapple in Ghana," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Conley, Timothy G. & Udry, Christopher R., 2000. "Learning About a New Technology: Pineapple In Ghana," Center Discussion Papers 28400, Yale University, Economic Growth Center.
- Conley, T.G. & Udry, C.R., 2000. "Learning about a New Technology: Pineapple in Ghana," Papers 817, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Timothy G. Conley & Christopher R. Udry, 2000. "Learning About a New Technology: Pineapple in Ghana," Working Papers 817, Economic Growth Center, Yale University, revised May 2004.
- Douglas Gollin & Michael Morris & Derek Byerlee, 2005. "Technology Adoption in Intensive Post-Green Revolution Systems," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(5), pages 1310-1316.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Gubert, Flore, 2007. "The formation of risk sharing networks," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 326-350, July.
- Erenstein, Olaf & Kassie, Girma Tesfahun & Langyintuo, Augustine S. & Mwangi, Wilfred, 2011. "Characterization of Maize Producing Households in Drought Prone Regions of Eastern Africa," Socioeconomics Program Working Papers 147045, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4392 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mitchell A. Petersen, 2009.
"Estimating Standard Errors in Finance Panel Data Sets: Comparing Approaches,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(1), pages 435-480, January.
- Mitchell A. Petersen, 2005. "Estimating Standard Errors in Finance Panel Data Sets: Comparing Approaches," NBER Working Papers 11280, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Goswami, Rupak & Basu, Debabrata, 2010. "Does Information Network Affect Technology Diffusion?," Working Papers/Conference Papers 97607, Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University, Integrated Rural Development and Management Faculty Centre.
- Nassul Ssentamu Kabunga & Thomas Dubois & Matin Qaim, 2012. "Heterogeneous information exposure and technology adoption: the case of tissue culture bananas in Kenya," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 43(5), pages 473-486, September.
- Aliou DIAGNE, 2006. "Diffusion And Adoption Of Nerica Rice Varieties In Côte D'Ivoire," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 44(2), pages 208-231.
- N. Lesca, 2010. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00640602, HAL.
- Annemie Maertens & Christopher B. Barrett, 2013. "Measuring Social Networks' Effects on Agricultural Technology Adoption," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 95(2), pages 353-359.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ehrich, Malte & Hess, Sebastian, 2015.
"The Ability of Organisations to Adopt Foreign Trade Standards,"
GlobalFood Discussion Papers
211024, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Ehrich, Malte & Hess, Sebastian, 2015. "The Ability Of Organisations To Adopt Foreign Trade Standards," 55th Annual Conference, Giessen, Germany, September 23-25, 2015 209202, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
More about this item
KeywordsCommunity/Rural/Urban Development; International Development; Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2015-02-11 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2015-02-11 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2015-02-11 (Development)
- NEP-SOC-2015-02-11 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:gagfdp:183635. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iagoede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.