Adoption Of Maize And Wheat Technologies In Eastern Africa: A Synthesis Of The Findings Of 22 Case Studies
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thuo, Mary & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Hathie, Ibrahima & Obeng-Asiedu, Patrick, 2011. "Adoption of chemical fertilizer by smallholder farmers in the peanut basin of Senegal," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 6(1), March.
- Muange, Elijah Nzula & Schwarze, Stefan & Qaim, Matin, 2014. "Social networks and farmer exposure to improved cereal varieties in central Tanzania," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182645, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Sidibe, Amadou, 2005. "Farm-level adoption of soil and water conservation techniques in northern Burkina Faso," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 211-224, February.
- De Groote, Hugo & Gunaratna, Nilupa S. & Ergano, Kebebe & Friesen, Dennis, 2010. "Extension and adoption of biofortified crops: Quality protein maize in East Africa," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 96429, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE);Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA).
- Legese, Getachew & Langyintuo, Augustine S. & Mwangi, Wilfred & Jaleta, Moti & La Rovere, Roberto, 2009. "Household Resource Endowment and Determinants of Adoption of Drought Tolerant Maize Varieties: A Double-hurdle Approach," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51785, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Spielman, David J. & Mekonnen, Dawit Kelemework & Alemu, Dawit, 2012.
"Seed, fertilizer, and agricultural extension in Ethiopia,"
IFPRI book chapters,in: Food and agriculture in Ethiopia: Progress and policy challenges, chapter 4
International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Spielman, David J. & Kelemwork, Dawit & Alemu, Dawit, 2011. "Seed, fertilizer, and agricultural extension in Ethiopia:," ESSP working papers 20, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ragasa, Catherine, 2012. "Gender and Institutional Dimensions of Agricultural Technology Adoption: A Review of Literature and Synthesis of 35 Case Studies," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126747, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bernard, Munyua & Hellin, Jonathan & Nyikal, Rose Adhiambo & Mburu, John G., 2010. "Determinants for Use of Certified Maize Seed and the Relative Importance of Transaction Costs," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 96423, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE);Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA).
- World Bank Group, 2016. "Unlocking Firm Level Productivity and Promoting More Inclusive Growth," World Bank Other Operational Studies 23792, The World Bank.
- Otieno, Zipora & Okello, Julius J. & Nyikal, Rose & Mwang'ombe, Agnes & Clavel, Daniele, 2011. "The role of varietal traits in the adoption of improved dryland crop varieties: The case of pigeon pea in Kenya," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 6(2), September.
- Byerlee, Derek & Spielman, David J. & Alemu, Dawit & Gautam, Madhur, 2007. "Policies to promote cereal intensification in Ethiopia: A review of evidence and experience," IFPRI discussion papers 707, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Spielman, David J. & Byerlee, Derek & Alemu, Dawit & Kelemework, Dawit, 2010. "Policies to promote cereal intensification in Ethiopia: The search for appropriate public and private roles," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 185-194, June.
- Crawford, Eric W. & Jayne, Thomas S. & Kelly, Valerie A., 2005. "Alternative Approaches for Promoting Fertilizer Use in Africa, with Particular Reference to the Role of Fertilizer Subsidies," Staff Papers 11557, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Langyintuo, Augustine S. & Mazuze, Feliciano M. & Chaguala, P.A. & Buque, I.A., 2006. "A Unified Methodology for Estimating the Demand for Improved Seed at the Farm Level in Developing Agriculture," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21091, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
KeywordsMaize; Wheat; Innovation adoption; Technology transfer; Plant Breeding; Small farms; Case studies; Fertilizers; Private sector; Nongovernmental organizations; Research institutions; International organizations; Kenya; Tanzania; Uganda; Farm Management;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:cimmew:46522. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cimmymx.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .