Why impact analysis should not be used for research evaluation and what the alternatives are
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hare, Paul & Wyatt, Geoffrey, 1988. "Modelling the determination of research output in British universities," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 315-328, December.
- Salter, Ammon J. & Martin, Ben R., 2001. "The economic benefits of publicly funded basic research: a critical review," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 509-532, March.
- Huffman, Wallace & Just, Richard E., 2000.
"Setting Efficient Incentives for Agricultural Research: Lessons from Principal-Agent Theory,"
Staff General Research Papers
5040, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Wallace E. Huffman & Richard E. Just, 2000. "Setting Efficient Incentives for Agricultural Research: Lessons from Principal-Agent Theory," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(4), pages 828-841.
- Huffman, Wallace & Just, Richard E., 1998. "Setting Efficient Incentives for Agricultural Research: Lessons from Principal-Agent Theory," Staff General Research Papers 1389, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Scott Rozelle & Carl Pray & Jikun Huang, 1997. "Agricultural Research Policy in China: Testing the Limits of Commercialization-Led Reform*," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 39(2), pages 37-71, July.
- Echeverria, Ruben G., 1998. "Agricultural research policy issues in Latin America: An Overview," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1103-1111, June.
- Morris, Michael L. & Risopoulos, Jean & Beck, David, 1999. "Genetic Change in Farmer-Recycled Maize Seed: A Review of the Evidence," Economics Working Papers 7683, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- Yoshiko Okubo, 1997. "Bibliometric Indicators and Analysis of Research Systems: Methods and Examples," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 1997/1, OECD Publishing.
- Anderson, J. R. & Hardaker, J. B., 1992. "Efficacy and efficiency in agricultural research: A systems view," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 40(1-3), pages 105-123.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:78:y:2003:i:2:p:166-184. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.