Corporate engagement with non-governmental organizations in different institutional contexts--A case study of a forest products company
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bruce Kogut & Harbir Singh, 1988. "The Effect of National Culture on the Choice of Entry Mode," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 19(3), pages 411-432, September.
- Isabelle Maignan & David A Ralston, 2002. "Corporate Social Responsibility in Europe and the U.S.: Insights from Businesses' Self-presentations," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 33(3), pages 497-514, September.
- Kong, Nancy & Salzmann, Oliver & Steger, Ulrich & Ionescu-Somers, Aileen, 2002. "Moving Business/Industry Towards Sustainable Consumption:: The Role of NGOs," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 109-127, April.
- Hildy Teegen & Jonathan P Doh & Sushil Vachani, 2004. "The importance of nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) in global governance and value creation: an international business research agenda," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 35(6), pages 463-483, November.
- Oded Shenkar, 2001. "Cultural Distance Revisited: Towards a More Rigorous Conceptualization and Measurement of Cultural Differences," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 32(3), pages 519-535, September.
- Jonathan P. Doh & Terrence R. Guay, 2006. "Corporate Social Responsibility, Public Policy, and NGO Activism in Europe and the United States: An Institutional-Stakeholder Perspective," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(1), pages 47-73, January.
- Kolk, Ans & Van Tulder, Rob, 2004. "Ethics in international business: multinational approaches to child labor," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 49-60, February.
- Gabriel Eweje, 2007. "Strategic partnerships between MNEs and civil society: the post-WSSD perspectives," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(1), pages 15-27.
- North, Douglass C, 1994. "Economic Performance through Time," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 359-368, June.
- Doh, Jonathan P. & Teegen, Hildy, 2002. "Nongovernmental organizations as institutional actors in international business: theory and implications," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 665-684, December.
- Phillips, Robert & Freeman, R. Edward & Wicks, Andrew C., 2003. "What Stakeholder Theory is Not," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(04), pages 479-502, October.
- David Humphreys, 2004. "Redefining the Issues: NGO Influence on International Forest Negotiations," Global Environmental Politics, MIT Press, vol. 4(2), pages 51-74, May.
- Jan Johanson & Jan-Erik Vahlne, 1977. "The Internationalization Process of the Firm—A Model of Knowledge Development and Increasing Foreign Market Commitments," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 8(1), pages 23-32, March.
- Peter J Buckley, 2002. "Is the International Business Research Agenda Running Out of Steam?," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 33(2), pages 365-373, June.
- Teegen, Hildy, 2003. "International NGOs as global institutions: using social capital to impact multinational enterprises and governments," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 271-285.
- Keith D Brouthers & Lance Eliot Brouthers, 2001. "Explaining the National Cultural Distance Paradox," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 32(1), pages 177-189, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elena-Simina Lakatos & Bercea Oana Bianca & Laura Bacali, 2016. "The concept of innovation in social economy. A review and a research agenda," Review of Applied Socio-Economic Research, Pro Global Science Association, vol. 11(1), pages 32-50, June.
- Viveros, Hector, 2017. "Unpacking stakeholder mechanisms to influence corporate social responsibility in the mining sector," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 1-12.
- Hartmann, Julia & Uhlenbruck, Klaus, 2015. "National institutional antecedents to corporate environmental performance," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 729-741.
- Dominik Rueede & Karin Kreutzer, 2015. "Legitimation Work Within a Cross-Sector Social Partnership," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 128(1), pages 39-58, April.
- Gabor Harangozo & Gyula Zilahy, 2012. "Role of NGOs in the Corporate Greening Process," MIC 2012: Managing Transformation with Creativity; Proceedings of the 13th International Conference, Budapest, 22–24 November 2012 [Selected Papers], University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper.
- Susannah M. Davis & Dirk C. Moosmayer, 2014. "Greening the Field? How NGOs Are Shaping Corporate Social Responsibility in China," Journal of Current Chinese Affairs - China aktuell, Institute of Asian Studies, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies, Hamburg, vol. 43(4), pages 75-110.
- George O. White & Orhun Guldiken & Thomas A. Hemphill & Wu He & Mehdi Sharifi Khoobdeh, 2016. "Trends in International Strategic Management Research From 2000 to 2013: Text Mining and Bibliometric Analyses," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 56(1), pages 35-65, February.
- repec:eee:worbus:v:52:y:2017:i:5:p:591-614 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsNon-governmental organization (NGO) CSR Civil society distance Forest Institution Stakeholder Sponsorship Dialogue Partnership Finland Russia China Brazil Poland;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:worbus:v:45:y:2010:i:4:p:395-404. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description .