Setting Efficient Incentives for Agricultural Research: Lessons from Principal-Agent Theory
Abstract not available.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||01 Aug 1998|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Iowa State University, Dept. of Economics, 260 Heady Hall, Ames, IA 50011-1070|
Phone: +1 515.294.6741
Fax: +1 515.294.0221
Web page: http://www.econ.iastate.edu
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Wallace E. Huffman & Richard E. Just, 2000. "Setting Efficient Incentives for Agricultural Research: Lessons from Principal-Agent Theory," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(4), pages 828-841.
- Huffman, Wallace & Just, Richard E., 2000. "Setting Efficient Incentives for Agricultural Research: Lessons from Principal-Agent Theory," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5040, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Dana G. Dalrymple, 2008. "International agricultural research as a global public good: concepts, the CGIAR experience and policy issues," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(3), pages 347-379.
- Parellada, Gabriel H. & Ekboir, Javier M., 2003. "Analisis del sistema argentino de investigacion agropecuaria," Economics Working Papers 7694, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- Cox, Michael & Mincey, Sarah & Ruseva, Tatyana & Villamayor-Tomas, Sergio & Fischer, Burney, 2013. "Evaluating the USFS State and Private Forestry Redesign: A first look at policy implications," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 35-42.
- Valentina Cristiana MATERIA & Roberto ESPOSTI, 2010. "Modelling Agricultural Public R&D Cofinancing Within A Principal-Agent Framework. The case of an Italian region," Working Papers 347, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Kremer, Michael & Zwane, Alix Peterson, 2005. "Encouraging Private Sector Research for Tropical Agriculture," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 87-105, January.
- Esposti, Roberto & Materia, Valentina, 2015. "The determinants of the public R&D cofinancing rate An empirical assessment on agricultural research," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211624, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Debertin, David L., 2001.
"Are American Farmers Better Off As A Result Of Technology Gains?,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 33(02), August.
- Debertin, David L., 2001. "Are American Farmers Better Off as a Result of Technology Gains?," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(02), pages 327-339, August.
- Foltz, Jeremy D. & Barham, Bradford L., 2008. "The Productivity Effects of Extension Appointments in Land Grant Colleges," Staff Paper Series 527, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:11:y:2005:i:2:p:201-213 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ekboir, Javier, 2003. "Why impact analysis should not be used for research evaluation and what the alternatives are," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 166-184, November.
- Ekboir, Javier M. & de Herrera, Adys Pereira & Becerra, Franklin, 2003. "Analisis del sistema panameno de investigacion agropecuaria," Economics Working Papers 7679, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- Just, Richard E. & Huffman, Wallace E., 2009. "The economics of universities in a new age of funding options," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 1102-1116, September.
- Jin, Yu & Huffman, Wallace E., 2013. "Reduced U.S. Funding of Public Agricultural Research and Extension Risks Lowering Future Agricultural Productivity Growth Prospects," Staff General Research Papers Archive 36796, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Oscar Alfranca, 2005. "Private R&D and Spillovers in European Agriculture," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 11(2), pages 201-213, May.
- Day-Rubenstein, Kelly A. & Heisey, Paul W. & Klotz-Ingram, Cassandra & Frisvold, George B., 2000. "Competitive Grants And The Funding Of Agricultural Research In The U.S," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21863, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Huffman, Wallace E & Just, Richard E, 2004. "Implications of Agency Theory for Optimal Land Tenure Contracts," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(3), pages 617-642, April.
- Huffman, Wallace & Just, Richard E., 2004. "Implications of Agency Theory for Optimal Land Tenure Contracts," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12337, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Huffman, Wallace, 2009. "Does Information Change Behavior?," Staff General Research Papers Archive 13128, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Ekboir, Javier M. & Espinosa Garcia, Jose Antonio & Espinoza Arellano, Jose de Jesus & Moctezuma Lopez, Georgel & Naranjo, Alfredo Tapia, 2003. "Analisis del sistema Mexicano de investigacion agropecuaria," Economics Working Papers 7684, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- Olmos, Marta FernÃ¡ndez & Grazia, Cristina & Perito, Maria Angela, 2011. "Quality and Double Sided Moral Hazard in Share Contracts," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 12(1), January.
- Olmos, Marta Fernandez & Martinez, Jorge Rosell, 2010. "The Quality-Quantity Trade-off in the Principal-Agent Framework," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 11(1), January.
- Huffman, Wallace, 2005. "Developments in the Organization and Finance of Public Agricultural Research in the United States, 1988-1999," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12485, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Materia, V.C. & Pascucci, S. & Kolympiris, C., 2015. "Understanding the selection processes of public research projects in agriculture: The role of scientific merit," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 87-99.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:isu:genres:1389. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Curtis Balmer)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed