Genetic Change in Farmer-Recycled Maize Seed: A Review of the Evidence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rice, Elizabeth & Smale, Melinda & Blanco, Jose-Luis, 1998.
"Farmers' use of improved seed selection practices in Mexican maize: Evidence and issues from the Sierra de Santa Marta,"
Elsevier, vol. 26(9), pages 1625-1640, September.
- Rice, Elizabeth & Smale, Melinda & Blanco, Jose-Luis, 1997. "Farmers' Use of Improved Seed Selection Practices in Mexican Maize: Evidence and Issues from the Sierra de Santa Marta," Economics Working Papers 7690, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- Louette, Dominique & Smale, Melinda, 1998. "Farmers' Seed Selection Practices and Maize Variety Characteristics in a Traditionally-Based Mexican Community," Economics Working Papers 7667, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- Smale, Melinda & Phiri, Alexander, 1998. "Institutional Change and Discontinuities in Farmers' Use of Hybrid Maize Seed and Fertilizer in Malawi: Findings from the 1996-97 CIMMYT/ MoALD Survey," Economics Working Papers 7674, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- Robert Tripp, 1996. "Biodiversity and modern crop varieties: Sharpening the debate," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 13(4), pages 48-63, September.
- Fitch, James B., 1983. "Maize Production Practices and Problems in Egypt," Economics Working Papers 232446, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bellon, Mauricio R. & Adato, Michelle & Becerril, Javier & Mindek, Dubravka, 2006. "Poor farmers' perceived benefits from different types of maize germplasm: The case of creolization in lowland tropical Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 113-129, January.
- Smale, Melinda & Jayne, T.S., 2003. "Maize in Eastern and Southern Africa: 'seeds' of success in retrospect," EPTD discussion papers 97, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bellon, Mauricio R. & Risopoulos, Jean, 2001. "Small-Scale Farmers Expand the Benefits of Improved Maize Germplasm: A Case Study from Chiapas, Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 799-811, May.
- Ekboir, Javier, 2003. "Why impact analysis should not be used for research evaluation and what the alternatives are," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 166-184, November.
- Heisey, Paul W. & Morris, Michael L., 2002. "Practical Challenges To Estimating The Benefits Of Agricultural R&D: The Case Of Plant Breeding Research," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19828, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Kosarek, Jennifer & Morris, Michael L. & Garcia, Philip, 1999. "Factors Explaining The Diffusion Of Hybrid Maize: Evidence From Latin America And The Caribbean In Support Of The Life Cycle Theory Of Seed Industry Development," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21596, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
KeywordsCrop Production/Industries; Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:cimmew:7683. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cimmymx.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.