Characterization of Maize Producing Households in Drought Prone Regions of Eastern Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Deon Filmer & Lant Pritchett, 2001. "Estimating Wealth Effects Without Expenditure Data—Or Tears: An Application To Educational Enrollments In States Of India," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 38(1), pages 115-132, February.
- Langyintuo, Augustine S. & Mungoma, Catherine, 2008. "The effect of household wealth on the adoption of improved maize varieties in Zambia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 550-559, December.
- Thornton, Philip K. & Jones, Peter G. & Owiyo, Tom & Kruska, Russell L. & Herrero, Mario & Orindi, Victor & Bhadwal, Suruchi & Kristjanson, Patricia & Notenbaert, An & Bekele, Nigat & Omolo, Abisalom, 2008. "Climate change and poverty in Africa: Mapping hotspots of vulnerability," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 2(1), pages 1-21, March.
- Undp, 2010. "HDR 2010 - The Real Wealth of Nations: Pathways to Human Development," Human Development Report (1990 to present), Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), number hdr2010, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Muange, Elijah N. & Schwarze, Stefan & Qaim, Matin, 2014. "Social networks and farmer exposure to improved crop varieties in Tanzania," GlobalFood Discussion Papers 183635, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Muange, Elijah Nzula & Schwarze, Stefan & Qaim, Matin, 2014. "Social networks and farmer exposure to improved cereal varieties in central Tanzania," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182645, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Joseph Kangmennaang & Rachel Bezner Kerr & Esther Lupafya & Laifolo Dakishoni & Mangani Katundu & Isaac Luginaah, 2017. "Impact of a participatory agroecological development project on household wealth and food security in Malawi," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 9(3), pages 561-576, June.
- Wulung Hanandita & Gindo Tampubolon, 2016. "Multidimensional Poverty in Indonesia: Trend Over the Last Decade (2003–2013)," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 128(2), pages 559-587, September.
- Raju Ghimire & Wen-Chi Huang, 2015. "Household wealth and adoption of improved maize varieties in Nepal: a double-hurdle approach," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 7(6), pages 1321-1335, December.
- Glwadys A. Gbetibouo & Claudia Ringler & Rashid Hassan, 2010. "Vulnerability of the South African farming sector to climate change and variability: An indicator approach," Natural Resources Forum, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 34(3), pages 175-187, August.
- Langyintuo, Augustine S. & Setimela, Peter, 2009. "Assessing the effectiveness of a technical assistance program: The case of maize seed relief to vulnerable households in Zimbabwe," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 377-387, August.
- Martey, Edward & Kuwornu, John K.M., 2021. "Perceptions of Climate Variability and Soil Fertility Management Choices Among Smallholder Farmers in Northern Ghana," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 180(C).
- Diane Coffey & Ashwini Deshpande & Jeffrey Hammer & Dean Spears, 2019. "Local Social Inequality, Economic Inequality, and Disparities in Child Height in India," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 56(4), pages 1427-1452, August.
- Johar, Meliyanni & Soewondo, Prastuti & Pujisubekti, Retno & Satrio, Harsa Kunthara & Adji, Ardi, 2018. "Inequality in access to health care, health insurance and the role of supply factors," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 213(C), pages 134-145.
- Angus Deaton & Jean Dreze, 2008.
"Nutrition in India: Facts and Interpretations,"
1071, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Angus Deaton & Jean Drèze, 2008. "Nutrition In India: Facts And Interpretations," Working papers 170, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Angus Deaton & Jean Dreze, 2008. "Nutrition in India: Facts and Interpretations," Working Papers 1123, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Health and Wellbeing..
- Angus Deaton & Jean DrÃ¨ze, 2010. "Nutrition in India: Facts and Interpretations," Working Papers id:2965, eSocialSciences.
- World Bank, 2007. "Sri Lanka - Poverty Assessment : Engendering Growth with Equity, Opportunities and Challenges," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8050, The World Bank.
- Brock, Michelle, 2018. "Inequality of opportunity, governance and individual beliefs," CEPR Discussion Papers 12636, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kumar, Kaushalendra & Shukla, Ankita & Singh, Abhishek & Ram, Faujdar & Kowal, Paul, 2016. "Association between wealth and health among older adults in rural China and India," The Journal of the Economics of Ageing, Elsevier, vol. 7(C), pages 43-52.
- Winters, P. & Kafle, K. & Benfica, R., 2018. "IFAD RESEARCH SERIES 21 - Does relative deprivation induce migration? Evidence from sub-Saharan Africa," IFAD Research Series 280070, International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
- Ishida, Kanako & Stupp, Paul & Melian, Mercedes & Serbanescu, Florina & Goodwin, Mary, 2010. "Exploring the associations between intimate partner violence and women's mental health: Evidence from a population-based study in Paraguay," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(9), pages 1653-1661, November.
- Goryakin, Yevgeniy & Suhrcke, Marc & Roberts, Bayard & McKee, Martin, 2015. "Mental health inequalities in 9 former Soviet Union countries: Evidence from the previous decade," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 142-151.
- Ravi Prakash & Abhishek Singh, 2014. "Who Marries Whom? Changing Mate Selection Preferences in Urban India and Emerging Implications on Social Institutions," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 33(2), pages 205-227, April.
- Tuccio, Michele & Wahba, Jackline & Hamdouch, Bachir, 2016.
"International Migration: Driver of Political and Social Change?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
9794, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Tuccio, Michele & Wahba, Jackline & Hamdouch, Bachir, 2019. "International Migration as Driver of Political and Social Change: Evidence from Morocco," GLO Discussion Paper Series 309, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Stefanie Gall & Larissa Adams & Nandi Joubert & Sebastian Ludyga & Ivan Müller & Siphesihle Nqweniso & Uwe Pühse & Rosa du Randt & Harald Seelig & Danielle Smith & Peter Steinmann & Jürg Utzinger & Ch, 2018. "Effect of a 20-week physical activity intervention on selective attention and academic performance in children living in disadvantaged neighborhoods: A cluster randomized control trial," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 13(11), pages 1-18, November.
- Derek Headey & David Stifel & Liangzhi You & Zhe Guo, 2018.
"Remoteness, urbanization, and child nutrition in sub‐Saharan Africa,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 49(6), pages 765-775, November.
- Headey, Derek D. & Stifel, David & You, Liangzhi & Guo, Zhe, 2017. "Remoteness, urbanization and child nutrition in sub-Saharan Africa:," IFPRI discussion papers 1694, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Stifel, D. & Headey, D. & You, L. & Guo, Z., 2018. "Remoteness, Urbanization and Child Nutrition in sub-Saharan Africa," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277147, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Barik, Debasis & Desai, Sonalde & Vanneman, Reeve, 2018. "Economic Status and Adult Mortality in India: Is the Relationship Sensitive to Choice of Indicators?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 176-187.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural and Food Policy; Consumer/Household Economics; Food Security and Poverty;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:cimmsp:147045. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cimmymx.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cimmymx.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.