How do African households adapt to climate change? Evidence from Malawi
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Langyintuo, Augustine S. & Mungoma, Catherine, 2008. "The effect of household wealth on the adoption of improved maize varieties in Zambia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 550-559, December.
- Mwangi, Wilfred & Mwabu, Germano & Nyangito, Hezron Omare, 2006. "Does Adoption of Improved Maize Varieties Reduce Poverty? Evidence from Kenya," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25376, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bellon, Mauricio R. & Risopoulos, Jean, 2001. "Small-Scale Farmers Expand the Benefits of Improved Maize Germplasm: A Case Study from Chiapas, Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 799-811, May.
- Apata, Temidayo Gabriel & Samuel, K.D. & Adeola, A.O., 2009. "Analysis of Climate Change Perception and Adaptation among Arable Food Crop Farmers in South Western Nigeria," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51365, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Pauw, Karl & Thurlow, James & van Seventer, Dirk, 2010. "Droughts and floods in Malawi," IFPRI discussion papers 962, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Below, Till & Artner, Astrid & Siebert, Rosemarie & Sieber, Stefan, 2010. "Micro-level practices to adapt to climate change for African small-scale farmers:," IFPRI discussion papers 953, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Molua, Ernest L., 2002. "Climate variability, vulnerability and effectiveness of farm-level adaptation options: the challenges and implications for food security in Southwestern Cameroon," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(03), pages 529-545, July.
- Kaliba, Aloyce R. & Verkuijl, Hugo & Mwangi, Wilfred, 2000. "Factors Affecting Adoption Of Improved Maize Seeds And Use Of Inorganic Fertilizer For Maize Production In The Intermediate And Lowland Zones Of Tanzania," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 32(01), April.
- Wolfram Schlenker & W. Michael Hanemann & Anthony C. Fisher, 2005.
"Will U.S. Agriculture Really Benefit from Global Warming? Accounting for Irrigation in the Hedonic Approach,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(1), pages 395-406, March.
- Schlenker, Wolfram & Hanemann, W. Michael & Fisher, Anthony C., 2004. "Will U.S. Agriculture Really Benefit from Global Warming? Accounting for Irrigation in the Hedonic Approach," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt65s781bh, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Morris, Michael L. & Tripp, Robert & Dankyi, A.A., 1999. "Adoption and Impacts of Improved Maize Production Technology: A Case Study of the Ghana Grains Development Project," Economics Program Papers 48767, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- World Bank, 2007. "Malawi Poverty and Vulnerability Assessment : Investing in Our Future, Synthesis Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7557, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2007. "Malawi : Poverty and Vulnerability Assessment, Investing in Our Future," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7555, The World Bank.
- Olivier Deschênes & Michael Greenstone, 2007. "The Economic Impacts of Climate Change: Evidence from Agricultural Output and Random Fluctuations in Weather," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(1), pages 354-385, March.
- Salvatore Di Falco & Marcella Veronesi & Mahmud Yesuf, 2011.
"Does Adaptation to Climate Change Provide Food Security? A Micro-Perspective from Ethiopia,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(3), pages 825-842.
- Di Falco, Salvatore & Veronesi, Marcella & Yesuf, Mahmud, 2010. "Does adaptation to climate change provide food security?: a micro-perspective from Ethiopia," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 37592, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Salvatore Di Falco & Marcella Veronesi & Mahmud Yesuf, 2010. "Does adaptation to climate change provide food security? A micro-perspective from Ethiopia," GRI Working Papers 19, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Salvatore Di Falco & Marcella Veronesi, 2013.
"How Can African Agriculture Adapt to Climate Change? A Counterfactual Analysis from Ethiopia,"
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 89(4), pages 743-766.
- Marcella Veronesi & Salvatore Di Falco, 2012. "How Can African Agriculture Adapt to Climate Change? A Counterfactual Analysis from Ethiopia," Working Papers 14/2012, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Jinxia Wang & Robert Mendelsohn & Ariel Dinar & Jikun Huang & Scott Rozelle & Lijuan Zhang, 2009. "The impact of climate change on China's agriculture," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(3), pages 323-337, May.
- Adams, Richard M. & McCarl, Bruce A. & Dudek, Daniel J. & Glyer, J. David, 1988. "Implications Of Global Climate Change For Western Agriculture," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 13(02), December.
- World Bank, 2007. "Malawi - Poverty and Vulnerability Assessment : Investing in Our Future," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7909, The World Bank.
- Maddison, David, 2007. "The perception of and adaptation to climate change in Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4308, The World Bank.
- Kaliba, Aloyce R.M. & Verkuijl, Hugo & Mwangi, Wilfred, 2000. "Factors Affecting Adoption of Improved Maize Seeds and Use of Inorganic Fertilizer for Maize Production in the Intermediate and Lowland Zones of Tanzania," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(01), pages 35-47, April.
- Feleke, Shiferaw & Zegeye, Tesfaye, 2006. "Adoption of improved maize varieties in Southern Ethiopia: Factors and strategy options," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 442-457, October.
- Salvatore Di Falco & Mahmud Yesuf & Gunnar Kohlin & Claudia Ringler, 2012. "Estimating the Impact of Climate Change on Agriculture in Low-Income Countries: Household Level Evidence from the Nile Basin, Ethiopia," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 52(4), pages 457-478, August.
- Deressa, Temesgen Tadesse & Ringler, Claudia & Hassan, Rashid M., 2010. "Factors affecting the choices of coping strategies for climate extremes: The case of farmers in the Nile Basin of Ethiopia," IFPRI discussion papers 1032, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Langyintuo, Augustine S. & Mekuria, Mulugetta, 2008. "Assessing the influence of neighborhood effects on the adoption of improved agricultural technologies in developing agriculture," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 2(2), September.
- Feder, Gershon & Just, Richard E & Zilberman, David, 1985. "Adoption of Agricultural Innovations in Developing Countries: A Survey," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(2), pages 255-298, January.
- B. Fosu-Mensah & P. Vlek & D. MacCarthy, 2012. "Farmers’ perception and adaptation to climate change: a case study of Sekyedumase district in Ghana," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 495-505, August.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer/Household Economics; Environmental Economics and Policy; International Relations/Trade;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2013-06-24 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2013-06-24 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2013-06-24 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea13:150507. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .