The impact of climate change on permanent crops in an Alpine region: A Ricardian analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kelly, David L. & Kolstad, Charles D. & Mitchell, Glenn T., 2005. "Adjustment costs from environmental change," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 468-495, November.
- Cline, William R, 1996. "The Impact of Global Warming on Agriculture: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1309-1311, December.
- Marian Weber & Grant Hauer, 2003. "A Regional Analysis of Climate Change Impacts on Canadian Agriculture," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 29(2), pages 163-179, June.
- K. S. Kavi Kumar, 2011.
"Climate sensitivity of Indian agriculture: do spatial effects matter?,"
Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society,
Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 4(2), pages 221-235.
- K. S. Kavi Kumar, "undated". "Climate Sensitivity of Indian Agriculture Do Spatial Effects Matter?," Working papers 45, The South Asian Network for Development and Environmental Economics.
- K S Kavi Kumar, 2010. "Climate Sensitivity of Indian Agriculture Do Spatial Effects Matter?," Working Papers id:2408, eSocialSciences.
- Mendelsohn, Robert & Nordhaus, William D & Shaw, Daigee, 1994. "The Impact of Global Warming on Agriculture: A Ricardian Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 753-771, September.
- Ricardo, David, 1821. "On the Principles of Political Economy and Taxation," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, edition 3, number ricardo1821.
- Wolfram Schlenker & W. Michael Hanemann & Anthony C. Fisher, 2006.
"The Impact of Global Warming on U.S. Agriculture: An Econometric Analysis of Optimal Growing Conditions,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 88(1), pages 113-125, February.
- Schlenker, Wolfram & Hanemann, W. Michael & Fisher, Anthony C., 2004. "The Impact of Global Warming on U.S. Agriculture: An Econometric Analysis of Optimal Growing Conditions," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt0801j7s0, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Seo, S. Niggol, 2008. "Assessing Relative Performance of Econometric Models in Measuring the Impact of Climate Change on Agriculture Using Spatial Autoregression," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 38(2), pages 195-209.
- Fleischer, Aliza & Lichtman, Ivgenia & Mendelsohn, Robert, 2008.
"Climate change, irrigation, and Israeli agriculture: Will warming be harmful?,"
Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 508-515, April.
- Fleischer, Aliza & Lichtman, Ivgenia & Mendelsohn, Robert, 2007. "Climate change, irrigation, and Israeli agriculture : will warming be harmful ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4135, The World Bank.
- Olivier Deschênes & Michael Greenstone, 2007. "The Economic Impacts of Climate Change: Evidence from Agricultural Output and Random Fluctuations in Weather," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(1), pages 354-385, March.
- Mendelsohn, Robert & Arellano-Gonzalez, Jesus & Christensen, Peter, 2010. "A Ricardian analysis of Mexican farms," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(02), pages 153-171, April.
- Ana Iglesias & Sonia Quiroga & Marta Moneo & Luis Garrote, 2012. "From climate change impacts to the development of adaptation strategies: Challenges for agriculture in Europe," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 112(1), pages 143-168, May.
- Salvatore Di Falco & Marcella Veronesi & Mahmud Yesuf, 2011.
"Does Adaptation to Climate Change Provide Food Security? A Micro-Perspective from Ethiopia,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(3), pages 825-842.
- Salvatore Di Falco & Marcella Veronesi & Mahmud Yesuf, 2010. "Does adaptation to climate change provide food security? A micro-perspective from Ethiopia," GRI Working Papers 19, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Di Falco, Salvatore & Veronesi, Marcella & Yesuf, Mahmud, 2010. "Does adaptation to climate change provide food security?: a micro-perspective from Ethiopia," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 37592, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jinxia Wang & Robert Mendelsohn & Ariel Dinar & Jikun Huang & Scott Rozelle & Lijuan Zhang, 2009. "The impact of climate change on China's agriculture," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(3), pages 323-337, May.
- Eid, Helmy M. & El-Marsafawy, Samia M. & Ouda, Samiha A., 2007. "Assessing the economic impacts of climate change on agriculture in Egypt : a ricardian approach," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4293, The World Bank.
- Christopher Timmins, 2006. "Endogenous Land use and the Ricardian Valuation of Climate Change," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 33(1), pages 119-142, January.
- Kurukulasuriya, Pradeep & Mendelsohn, Robert, 2007. "Endogenous irrigation : the impact of climate change on farmers in Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4278, The World Bank.
- Olivier Deschenes & Charles Kolstad, 2011. "Economic impacts of climate change on California agriculture," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 109(1), pages 365-386, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bezabih, Mintewab & Di Falco, Salvatore & Mekonnen, Alemu, 2014. "On the Impact of Weather Variability and Climate Change on Agriculture: Evidence from Ethiopia," Discussion Papers dp-14-15-efd, Resources For the Future.
- repec:oup:erevae:v:45:y:2018:i:1:p:57-79. is not listed on IDEAS
- Prince Etwire & David Fielding & Victoria Kahui, 2017. "The impact of climate change on crop production in Ghana: A Structural Ricardian analysis," Working Papers 1706, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2017.
- Martina Bozzola & Emanuele Massetti & Robert Mendelsohn & Fabian Capitanio, 2018.
"A Ricardian analysis of the impact of climate change on Italian agriculture,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 45(1), pages 57-79.
- Martina Bozzola & Emanuele Massetti & Robert Mendelsohn & Fabian Capitanio, 2017. "A Ricardian Analysis of the Impact of Climate Change on Italian Agriculture," Working Papers 2017.23, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- De Salvo, Maria & Begalli, Diego & Capitello, Roberta & Signorello, Giovanni, 2015. "A spatial micro-econometric approach to estimating climate change impacts on wine firm performance: A case study from Moldavia region, Romania," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 48-57.
- Mintewab Bezabih & Salvatore Di Falco & Alemu Mekonnen, 2014. "Is it the climate or the weather? Differential economic impacts of climatic factors in Ethiopia," GRI Working Papers 148, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Catherine Benjamin & Ewen Gallic, 2017. "Effects of Climate Change on Agriculture: a European case study," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 2017-16, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Birthal, Pratap S. & Negi, Digvijay S. & Khan, Md. Tajuddin & Agarwal, Shaily, 2015. "Is Indian agriculture becoming resilient to droughts? Evidence from rice production systems," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 1-12.
- Birthal, P.S. & Negi, Digvijay S. & Kumar, Shiv & Aggarwal, Shaily & Suresh, A. & Khan, Md. Tajuddin, 2014. "How Sensitive is Indian Agriculture to Climate Change?," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 69(4).
- Tsvetan Tsvetanov & Lingqiao Qi & Deep Mukherjee & Farhed Shah & Boris Bravo-Ureta, 2016. "Climate Change And Land Use In Southeastern U.S.: Did The “Dumb Farmer” Get It Wrong?," Climate Change Economics (CCE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 7(03), pages 1-35, August.
More about this item
KeywordsClimate change; Ricardian model; Alpine region; Permanent cultivations; FADN;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:118:y:2013:i:c:p:23-32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.