Climate Sensitivity of Indian Agriculture Do Spatial Effects Matter?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- K. S. Kavi Kumar, 2011. "Climate sensitivity of Indian agriculture: do spatial effects matter?," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 4(2), pages 221-235.
- K. S. Kavi Kumar, "undated". "Climate Sensitivity of Indian Agriculture Do Spatial Effects Matter?," Working papers 45, The South Asian Network for Development and Environmental Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cline, William R, 1996. "The Impact of Global Warming on Agriculture: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1309-1311, December.
- Mendelsohn, Robert & Nordhaus, William D & Shaw, Daigee, 1994. "The Impact of Global Warming on Agriculture: A Ricardian Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 753-771, September.
- Dinar, A. & Mendelsohn, R. & Evenson, R. & Parikh, J. & Sanghi, A. & Kumar, K. & McKinsey, J. & Lonergen, S., 1998. "Measuring the Impact of CLimate Change on Indian Agriculture," Papers 402, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Mendelsohn, Robert & Dinar, Ariel & Sanghi, Apurva, 2001. "The effect of development on the climate sensitivity of agriculture," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(01), pages 85-101, February.
- William R. Cline, 2007. "Global Warming and Agriculture: Impact Estimates by Country," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 4037.
- World Bank, 2008. "Climate Change Impacts in Drought and Flood Affected Areas : Case Studies in India," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8075, The World Bank.
- Wolfram Schlenker & Michael J. Roberts, 2008. "Estimating the Impact of Climate Change on Crop Yields: The Importance of Nonlinear Temperature Effects," NBER Working Papers 13799, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anubhab Pattanayak & K. S. Kavi Kumar, 2014.
"Weather Sensitivity Of Rice Yield: Evidence From India,"
Climate Change Economics (CCE),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 5(04), pages 1-24.
- Anubhab Pattanayak & K. S. Kavi Kumar, 2013. "Weather Sensitivity of Rice Yield: Evidence from India," Working Papers 2013-081, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Raza, Amar & Ahmad, Munir, 2015. "Analysing the Impact of Climate Change on Cotton Productivity in Punjab and Sindh, Pakistan," MPRA Paper 72867, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Subhadra Banda, 2013. "The Case of Slum Rehabilitation in Delhi," Working Papers id:5522, eSocialSciences.
- Bhavnani, Rikhil R. & Lacina, Bethany, 2017. "Fiscal Federalism at Work? Central Responses to Internal Migration in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 236-248.
- K.S. Kavi Kumar & Kamal Karunagoda & Enamul Haque & L. Venkatachelam & Girish Nath Bahal, 2012.
"Addressing Long-term Challenges to Food Security and Rural Livelihoods in South Asia,"
2012-075, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- K.S. Kavi Kumar & Kamal Karunagoda & Enamul Haque & L. Venkatachelam & Girish Bahal, 2013. "Addressing Long - term Challenges to Food Security and Rural Livelihoods in South Asia," Working Papers id:5330, eSocialSciences.
- De Salvo, Maria & Raffaelli, Roberta & Moser, Riccarda, 2013. "The impact of climate change on permanent crops in an Alpine region: A Ricardian analysis," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 23-32.
- Chalise, Sudarshan & Naranpanawa, Athula & Bandara, Jayatilleke S. & Sarker, Tapan, 2017. "A general equilibrium assessment of climate change–induced loss of agricultural productivity in Nepal," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 43-50.
- Birthal, P.S. & Negi, Digvijay S. & Kumar, Shiv & Aggarwal, Shaily & Suresh, A. & Khan, Md. Tajuddin, 2014. "How Sensitive is Indian Agriculture to Climate Change?," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 69(4).
- Raju Mandal & Hiranya Nath, 2017. "Climate Change and indian Agriculture: Impacts on Crop Yield," Working Papers 1705, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Anubhab Pattanayak & and K. S. Kavi Kumar, "undated". "Does Weather Sensitivity of Rice Yield Vary Across Regions? Evidence from Eastern and Southern India," Working Papers 2017-162, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental valuation; Spatial panel data; analysis; Adaptation; climate change; agriculture; agro-economic; ricardian approach; revenue; Indian;
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
- Q1 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture
- R1 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2010-02-20 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2010-02-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2010-02-20 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-ENE-2010-02-20 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2010-02-20 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2408. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .