A general equilibrium assessment of climate change–induced loss of agricultural productivity in Nepal
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- World Bank, 2005. "Nepal : Development Policy Review, Restarting Growth and Poverty Reduction," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8530, The World Bank.
- Kattarkandi Byjesh & Soora Kumar & Pramod Aggarwal, 2010. "Simulating impacts, potential adaptation and vulnerability of maize to climate change in India," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 15(5), pages 413-431, June.
- K. S. Kavi Kumar, 2011.
"Climate sensitivity of Indian agriculture: do spatial effects matter?,"
Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 4(2), pages 221-235.
- K. S. Kavi Kumar, "undated". "Climate Sensitivity of Indian Agriculture Do Spatial Effects Matter?," Working papers 45, The South Asian Network for Development and Environmental Economics.
- K S Kavi Kumar, 2010. "Climate Sensitivity of Indian Agriculture Do Spatial Effects Matter?," Working Papers id:2408, eSocialSciences.
- Bai, Jushan & Kao, Chihwa & Ng, Serena, 2009. "Panel cointegration with global stochastic trends," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 149(1), pages 82-99, April.
- Thapa, Sridhar & Joshi, Ganesh Raj, 2010. "A Ricardian analysis of the climate change impact on Nepalese agriculture," MPRA Paper 29785, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Feb 2011.
- Jayatilleke S. Bandara & Yiyong Cai, 2014. "The impact of climate change on food crop productivity, food prices and food security in South Asia," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 451-465.
- Pokhrel, Deepak M. & Thapa, Gopal B., 2007. "Are marketing intermediaries exploiting mountain farmers in Nepal? A study based on market price, marketing margin and income distribution analyses," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 151-164, May.
- Naranpanawa, Athula & Bandara, Jayatilleke S. & Selvanathan, Saroja, 2011. "Trade and poverty nexus: A case study of Sri Lanka," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 328-346, March.
- Maximilian Auffhammer & V. Ramanathan & Jeffrey Vincent, 2012. "Climate change, the monsoon, and rice yield in India," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 111(2), pages 411-424, March.
- ., 2007. "Population, Migration, and Globalization," Chapters, in: Ecological Economics and Sustainable Development, Selected Essays of Herman Daly, chapter 22, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Bartlett, R. & Bharati, Luna & Pant, Dhruba & Hosterman, H. & McCornick, P. G., 2010. "Climate change impacts and adaptation in Nepal," IWMI Working Papers H043439, International Water Management Institute.
- Christoph Müller & Richard D. Robertson, 2014. "Projecting future crop productivity for global economic modeling," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(1), pages 37-50, January.
- Salami, Habibollah & Shahnooshi, Naser & Thomson, Kenneth J., 2009. "The economic impacts of drought on the economy of Iran: An integration of linear programming and macroeconometric modelling approaches," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(4), pages 1032-1039, February.
- N/A, 2007. "Book Review: Global Warming â€“ Myth or Reality?," Energy & Environment, , vol. 18(3), pages 513-516, July.
- Santosh Poudel & Koji Kotani, 2013. "Climatic impacts on crop yield and its variability in Nepal: do they vary across seasons and altitudes?," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 116(2), pages 327-355, January.
- Gerald C. Nelson & Gerald E. Shively, 2014. "Modeling climate change and agriculture: an introduction to the special issue," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(1), pages 1-2, January.
- Hertel, Thomas & Burke, Marshall & Lobell, David, 2010. "The Poverty Implications of Climate-Induced Crop Yield Changes by 2030," GTAP Working Papers 3196, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Hertel, Thomas W. & Burke, Marshall B. & Lobell, David B., 2010. "The Poverty Implications of Climate-Induced Crop Yield Changes by 2030," Working papers 283477, Purdue University, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Global Trade Analysis Project.
- Scrieciu, S. Serban, 2007. "The inherent dangers of using computable general equilibrium models as a single integrated modelling framework for sustainability impact assessment. A critical note on Bohringer and Loschel (2006)," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 678-684, February.
- Alan Ahearne & William R. Cline & Kyung Tae Lee & Yung Chul Park & Jean Pisani-Ferry & John Williamson, 2007. "Global Imbalances: Time for Action," Policy Briefs PB07-4, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Sudarshan Chalise & Dr Athula Naranpanawa, 2016. "Climate change adaptation in agriculture: A general equilibrium analysis of land re-allocation in Nepal," EcoMod2016 9272, EcoMod.
- William R. Cline, 2007. "Global Warming and Agriculture: Impact Estimates by Country," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 4037, October.
- J. Mark Horridge & Brian R. Parmenter & Martin Cameron & Riaan Joubert & Areef Suleman & Dawie de Jongh, 1995. "The Macroeconomic, Industrial, Distributional and Regional Effects of Government Spending Programs in South Africa," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-109, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Joseph T.L. Ooi, 2007. "Real Estate Investment Trust: A Global Analysis," Journal of Property Investment & Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 25(4), pages 416-417, July.
- Joshi, Niraj Prakash & Maharjan, Keshav Lall & Piya, Luni, 2011. "Effect of climate variables on yield of major food-crops in Nepal -A time-series analysis-," MPRA Paper 35379, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Femi E. Hounnou & Houinsou Dedehouanou & Afio Zannou & Johanes Agbahey & Gauthier Biaou, 2019. "Economy-Wide Effects of Climate Change in Benin: An Applied General Equilibrium Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(23), pages 1-15, November.
- Md Kamrul Hasan & Lalit Kumar, 2020. "Perceived farm-level climatic impacts on coastal agricultural productivity in Bangladesh," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 161(4), pages 617-636, August.
- Syed Asif Ali Naqvi & Abdul Majeed Nadeem & Muhammad Amjed Iqbal & Sadia Ali & Asia Naseem, 2019. "Assessing the Vulnerabilities of Current and Future Production Systems in Punjab, Pakistan," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(19), pages 1-13, September.
- Ria Jhoanna C. Ducusin & Maria Victoria O. Espaldon & Carmelita M. Rebancos & Lucille Elna P. Guzman, 2019. "Vulnerability assessment of climate change impacts on a Globally Important Agricultural Heritage System (GIAHS) in the Philippines: the case of Batad Rice Terraces, Banaue, Ifugao, Philippines," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 153(3), pages 395-421, April.
- Huey-Lin Lee & Yu-Pin Lin & Joy R. Petway, 2018. "Global Agricultural Trade Pattern in A Warming World: Regional Realities," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(8), pages 1-21, August.
- Nanda Kaji Budhathoki & Douglas Paton & Jonatan A. Lassa & Gopal Datt Bhatta & Kerstin K. Zander, 0. "Heat, cold, and floods: exploring farmers’ motivations to adapt to extreme weather events in the Terai region of Nepal," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 0, pages 1-25.
- Mohammad Rondhi & Ahmad Fatikhul Khasan & Yasuhiro Mori & Takumi Kondo, 2019. "Assessing the Role of the Perceived Impact of Climate Change on National Adaptation Policy: The Case of Rice Farming in Indonesia," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(5), pages 1-21, May.
- Sudeshna Paul & Athula Naranpanawa & Jay Bandaralage & Tapan Sarker, 2018. "Climate change, crop productivity and regional growth disparity in Bangladesh: What does a district-level regional CGE model tell us?," Discussion Papers in Economics economics:201803, Griffith University, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsClimate change; agricultural productivity; impact assessment; general equilibrium; Nepal;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:62:y:2017:i:c:p:43-50. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.