Potential socio-economic implications of future climate change and variability for Nigerien agriculture: A countrywide dynamic CGE-Microsimulation analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Jean-Marc Montaud & Nicolas Pecastaing & Mahamadou Roufahi Tankari, 2017. "Potential socio-economic implications of future climate change and variability for Nigerien agriculture: A countrywide dynamic CGE-Microsimulation analysis," Post-Print hal-01885231, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sassi, Maria & Cardaci, Alberto, 2013. "Impact of rainfall pattern on cereal market and food security in Sudan: Stochastic approach and CGE model," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 321-331.
- Calzadilla, Alvaro & Zhu, Tingju & Rehdanz, Katrin & Tol, Richard S.J. & Ringler, Claudia, 2013.
"Economywide impacts of climate change on agriculture in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 150-165.
- Calzadilla, Alvaro & Zhu, Tingju & Rehdanz, Katrin & Tol, Richard S.J. & Ringler, Claudia, 2009. "Economywide impacts of climate change on agriculture in Sub-Saharan Africa:," IFPRI discussion papers 873, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Stifel, David C. & Thorbecke, Erik, 2003. "A dual-dual CGE model of an archetype African economy: trade reform, migration and poverty," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 207-235, April.
- Hielke Buddelmeyer & Nicolas HÃ©rault & Guyonne Kalb & Mark van Zijll de Jong, 2012. "Linking a Microsimulation Model to a Dynamic CGE Model: Climate Change Mitigation Policies and Income Distribution in Australia," International Journal of Microsimulation, International Microsimulation Association, vol. 5(2), pages 40-58.
- Hannah Reid & Linda Sahlén & Jesper Stage & James Macgregor, 2008. "Climate change impacts on Namibia's natural resources and economy," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(5), pages 452-466, September.
- Ken Gwilliam, 2011. "Africa's Transport Infrastructure : Mainstreaming Maintenance and Management," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2275.
- Sherman Robinson & Dirk Willenbockel & Kenneth Strzepek, 2012.
"A Dynamic General Equilibrium Analysis of Adaptation to Climate Change in Ethiopia,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 489-502, August.
- Robinson, Sherman & Willenbockel, Dirk, 2011. "A Dynamic General Equilibrium Analysis of Adaptation to Climate Change in Ethiopia," WIDER Working Paper Series 089, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Jayatilleke S. Bandara & Yiyong Cai, 2014. "The impact of climate change on food crop productivity, food prices and food security in South Asia," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 451-465.
- Thurlow, James & Zhu, Tingju & Diao, Xinshen, 2009. "The impact of climate variability and change on economic growth and poverty in Zambia:," IFPRI discussion papers 890, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Thurlow, James & Kiringai, Jane & Gautam, Madhur, 2007. "Rural investment to accelerate growth and poverty reduction in Kenya:," IFPRI discussion papers 723, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Mintewab Bezabih & Muyeye Chambwera & Jesper Stage, 2011. "Climate change and total factor productivity in the Tanzanian economy," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(6), pages 1289-1302, November.
- Eboli, Fabio & Parrado, Ramiro & Roson, Roberto, 2010.
"Climate-change feedback on economic growth: explorations with a dynamic general equilibrium model,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(05), pages 515-533, October.
- Eboli, Fabio & Parrado, Ramiro & Roson, Roberto, 2009. "Climate Change Feedback on Economic Growth: Explorations with a Dynamic General Equilibrium Model," Sustainable Development Papers 52339, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Fabio Eboli & Ramiro Parrado & Roberto Roson, 2009. "Climate Change Feedback on Economic Growth: Explorations with a Dynamic General Equilibrium Model," Working Papers 2009.43, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Margaret Chitiga & Ramos Mabugu & Hélène Maisonnave, 2016.
"Analysing job creation effects of scaling up infrastructure spending in South Africa,"
Development Southern Africa,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 186-202, March.
- Hélène Maisonnave & Ramos Mabugu & Margaret Chitiga & Véronique Robichaud, 2013. "Analysing Job Creation Effects of Scaling Up Infrastructure Spending in South Africa," Cahiers de recherche 1310, CIRPEE.
- Gebreegziabher, Zenebe & Stage, Jesper & Mekonnen, Alemu & Alemu, Atlaw, 2016. "Climate change and the Ethiopian economy: a CGE analysis," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(02), pages 205-225, April.
- Lulit Mitik & Ermias Engida, 2013. "Public investment in irrigation and training for an agriculture-led development: a CGE approach for Ethiopia," Working Papers MPIA 2013-02, PEP-MPIA.
- World Bank, 2013. "Agricultural Sector Risk Assessment in Niger : Moving from Crisis Response to Long-Term Risk Management," World Bank Other Operational Studies 13260, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2010. "Economics of Adaptation to Climate Change : Synthesis Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12750, The World Bank.
- repec:kap:enreec:v:69:y:2018:i:4:d:10.1007_s10640-016-0105-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Richard Tol, 2013. "The economic impact of climate change in the 20th and 21st centuries," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 117(4), pages 795-808, April.
- Shantayanan Devarajan & Yazid Dissou & Delfin S. Go & Sherman Robinson, 2017.
"Budget Rules and Resource Booms and Busts: A Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium Analysis,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 31(1), pages 71-96.
- Sherman Robinson & Shantayanan Devarajan , Yazid Dissou , Delfin S. Go, 2015. "Budget Rules and Resource Booms and Busts: A Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium Analysis," EcoMod2015 8420, EcoMod.
- You, Liangzhi & Ringler, Claudia & Wood-Sichra, Ulrike & Robertson, Richard & Wood, Stanley & Zhu, Tingju & Nelson, Gerald & Guo, Zhe & Sun, Yan, 2011. "What is the irrigation potential for Africa? A combined biophysical and socioeconomic approach," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 770-782.
- Francesco Bosello & Lorenza Campagnolo & Raffaello Cervigni & Fabio Eboli, 2018.
"Climate Change and Adaptation: The Case of Nigerian Agriculture,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 69(4), pages 787-810, April.
- Francesco Bosello & Lorenza Campagnolo & Fabio Eboli, 2013. "Climate Change and Adaptation: The Case of Nigerian Agriculture," Working Papers 2013.35, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Bosello, Francesco & Campagnolo, Lorenza & Eboli, Fabio, 2013. "Climate Change and Adaptation: The Case of Nigerian Agriculture," Climate Change and Sustainable Development 148926, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Hertel, Thomas & Burke, Marshall & Lobell, David, 2010. "The Poverty Implications of Climate-Induced Crop Yield Changes by 2030," GTAP Working Papers 3196, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Hertel, Thomas W. & Burke, Marshall B. & Lobell, David B., 2010. "The Poverty Implications of Climate-Induced Crop Yield Changes by 2030," Working papers 283477, Purdue University, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Global Trade Analysis Project.
- Juana, James S. & Strzepek, Kenneth M. & Kirsten, Johann F., 2008. "Households’ welfare analyses of the impact of global change on water resources in South Africa," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 47(3), pages 1-18, September.
- Mitik, Lulit & Engida, Ermias, 2013. "Public investment in irrigation and training for agriculture-led development: a CGE approach for Ethiopia," PEP Working Papers 164417, Partnership for Economic Policy (PEP).
- César Calderón & Luis Servén, 2010. "Infrastructure and Economic Development in Sub-Saharan Africa-super- †," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 19(suppl_1), pages 13-87.
- Pauw, Karl & Thurlow, James & Bachu, Murthy & Van Seventer, Dirk Ernst, 2011. "The economic costs of extreme weather events: a hydrometeorological CGE analysis for Malawi," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(02), pages 177-198, April.
- Marshall Burke & John Dykema & David B. Lobell & Edward Miguel & Shanker Satyanath, 2015. "Incorporating Climate Uncertainty into Estimates of Climate Change Impacts," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 97(2), pages 461-471, May.
- Go, Delfin S. & Robinson, Sherman & Thierfelder, Karen & Utz, Robert, 2013. "Dutch disease and spending strategies in a resource-rich low-income country -- the case of Niger," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6691, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2008. "Ethiopia - A Country Study on the Economic Impacts of Climate Change," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8030, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsClimate change and variability; General equilibrium; Agriculture; Poverty; Food security; Niger;
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:63:y:2017:i:c:p:128-142. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.