The economic costs of extreme weather events: a hydrometeorological CGE analysis for Malawi
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicholas Kilimani, 2015. "Vulnerability to Climatic Variability: An Assessment of Drought Prevalence on Water Resources Availability and Implications for the Ugandan Economy," Working Papers 201562, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Channing Arndt & Karl Pauw & James Thurlow, 2016.
"The Economy-wide Impacts and Risks of Malawi's Farm Input Subsidy Program,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 98(3), pages 962-980.
- Arndt, Channing & Pauw, Karl & Thurlow, James, 2013. "The Economy-wide Impacts and Risks of Malawi's Farm Input Subsidy Program," 2013 Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 160671, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Arndt, Channing & Pauw, Karl & Thurlow, James, 2014. "The Economywide Impacts and Risks of Malawi’s Farm Input Subsidy Program," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 169903, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Fabio Farinosi & Lorenzo Carrera & Alexandros Maziotis & Jaroslav Mysiak & Fabio Eboli & Gabriele Standardi, 2012. "Policy-relevant Assessment Method of Socio-economic Impacts of Floods: An Italian Case Study," Working Papers 2012.87, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Nicholas Kilimani & Jan van Heerden & Heinrich Bohlmann & Louise Roos, 2016.
"Counting the cost of drought induced productivity losses in an agro-based economy: The case of Uganda,"
616, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Nicholas Kilimani & Jan van Heerden & Heinrich Bohlmann & Louise Roos, 2016. "Counting the Cost of Drought Induced Productivity Losses in an Agro-Based Economy: The Case of Uganda," Working Papers 201649, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Katengeza, Samson P. & Holden, Stein T. & Lunduka, Rodney W., 2016.
"Adoption of Drought Tolerant Maize Varieties under Rainfall Stress in Malawi,"
2016 Fifth International Conference, September 23-26, 2016, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
246907, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Katengeza, Samson P. & Holden , Stein T. & Lunduka, Rodney W., 2017. "Adoption of Drought Tolerant Maize Varieties under Rainfall Stress in Malawi," CLTS Working Papers 4/17, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Centre for Land Tenure Studies.
- repec:spr:ssefpa:v:10:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s12571-018-0771-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Glyn Wittwer & Marnie Griffith, 2011.
"Modelling drought and recovery in the southern Murray‐Darling basin,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 55(3), pages 342-359, July.
- Wittwer, Glyn & Griffith, Marnie, 2011. "Modelling drought and recovery in the southern Murray-Darling basin," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 0(Issue 3), pages 1-18, September.
- Klaus J. Droppelmann & Sieglinde S. Snapp & Stephen R. Waddington, 2017. "Sustainable intensification options for smallholder maize-based farming systems in sub-Saharan Africa," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 9(1), pages 133-150, February.
- Arndt, Channing & Pauw, Karl & Thurlow, James, 2014. "The economywide impacts and risks of Malawi.s farm input subsidy programme," WIDER Working Paper Series 099, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Channing Arndt & Adam Schlosser & Kenneth Strzepek & James Thurlow, 2014.
"Climate Change and Economic Growth Prospects for Malawi: An Uncertainty Approach,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 23(suppl_2), pages 83-107.
- Arndt, Channing & Schlosser, Adam & Strzepek, Kenneth, 2014. "Climate change and economic growth prospects for Malawi: An uncertainty approach," WIDER Working Paper Series 013, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Wiebelt, Manfred & Breisinger, Clemens & Ecker, Olivier & Al-Riffai, Perrihan & Robertson, Richard & Thiele, Rainer, 2011. "Climate change and floods in Yemen: Impacts on food security and options for adaptation," IFPRI discussion papers 1139, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pauw, Karl & Beck, Ulrik & Mussa, Richard, 2014. "Did rapid smallholder-led agricultural growth fail to reduce rural poverty? Making sense of Malawi's poverty puzzle," WIDER Working Paper Series 123, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Breisinger, Clemens & Ecker, Olivier & Thiele, Rainer & Wiebelt, Manfred, 2012. "The impact of the 2008 Hadramout flash flood in Yemen on economic performance and nutrition: A simulation analysis," Kiel Working Papers 1758, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- repec:wsi:wepxxx:v:03:y:2017:i:04:n:s2382624x17500072 is not listed on IDEAS
- Montaud, Jean-Marc & Pecastaing, Nicolas & Tankari, Mahamadou, 2017. "Potential socio-economic implications of future climate change and variability for Nigerien agriculture: A countrywide dynamic CGE-Microsimulation analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 128-142.
- Lorenzo Carrera & Gabriele Standardi & Francesco Bosello & Jaroslav Mysiak, 2014. "Assessing Direct and Indirect Economic Impacts of a Flood Event Through the Integration of Spatial and Computable General Equilibrium Modelling," Working Papers 2014.82, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Freire-González, Jaume & Decker, Christopher & Hall, Jim W., 2017. "The Economic Impacts of Droughts: A Framework for Analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 196-204.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:146:y:2018:i:c:p:621-632 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:endeec:v:16:y:2011:i:02:p:177-198_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_EDE .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.