Climate action for food security in South Asia? Analyzing the role of agriculture in nationally determined contributions to the Paris agreement
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- S. Mahendra Dev, 2012. "Small Farmers in India: Challenges and Opportunities," Working Papers id:5037, eSocialSciences.
- Hertel, Thomas W. & Lobell, David B., 2014.
"Agricultural adaptation to climate change in rich and poor countries: Current modeling practice and potential for empirical contributions,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 562-575.
- Hertel, Thomas W. & Lobell, David B., 2012. "Agricultural Adaptation to Climate Change in Rich and Poor Countries: Current Modeling Practice and Potential for Empirical Contributions," Working papers 283490, Purdue University, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Global Trade Analysis Project.
- Hertel, Thomas & David Lobell, 2013. "Agricultural Adaptation to Climate Change in Rich and Poor Countries: Current Modeling Practice and Potential for Empirical Contributions," GTAP Working Papers 4030, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Jayatilleke S. Bandara & Yiyong Cai, 2014. "The impact of climate change on food crop productivity, food prices and food security in South Asia," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 451-465.
- Vishwakarma, R.K. & Jha, S.N. & Dixit, Anil K. & Amanpreet, Kaur & Rai, Anil & Ahmed, Tauqueer, 2020. "Assessment of harvest and post-harvest losses of major pulses in India," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 32(2), January.
- Alvin Chandra & Karen E. McNamara & Paul Dargusch, 2018. "Climate-smart agriculture: perspectives and framings," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(4), pages 526-541, April.
- Ly, Proyuth & Jensen, Lars Stoumann & Bruun, Thilde Bech & Rutz, Dominik & de Neergaard, Andreas, 2012. "The System of Rice Intensification: Adapted practices, reported outcomes and their relevance in Cambodia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 16-27.
- Lowder, Sarah K. & Skoet, Jakob & Raney, Terri, 2016. "The Number, Size, and Distribution of Farms, Smallholder Farms, and Family Farms Worldwide," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 16-29.
- Hertel, Thomas W. & Burke, Marshall B. & Lobell, David B., 2010.
"The Poverty Implications of Climate-Induced Crop Yield Changes by 2030,"
283477, Purdue University, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Global Trade Analysis Project.
- Hertel, Thomas & Burke, Marshall & Lobell, David, 2010. "The Poverty Implications of Climate-Induced Crop Yield Changes by 2030," GTAP Working Papers 3196, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Ravi, Sujith & Macknick, Jordan & Lobell, David & Field, Christopher & Ganesan, Karthik & Jain, Rishabh & Elchinger, Michael & Stoltenberg, Blaise, 2016. "Colocation opportunities for large solar infrastructures and agriculture in drylands," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 383-392.
- Golam Rasul & Bikash Sharma, 2016. "The nexus approach to water–energy–food security: an option for adaptation to climate change," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(6), pages 682-702, August.
- S. Mahendra Dev, 2012. "Small farmers in India: Challenges and opportunities," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2012-014, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dam, Thi Huyen Trang & Tur-Cardona, Juan & Speelman, Stijn & Amjath-Babu, T.S. & Sam, Anu Susan & Zander, Peter, 2021. "Incremental and transformative adaptation preferences of rice farmers against increasing soil salinity - Evidence from choice experiments in north central Vietnam," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 190(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Jeetendra Prakash Aryal & Tek B. Sapkota & Ritika Khurana & Arun Khatri-Chhetri & Dil Bahadur Rahut & M. L. Jat, 2020. "Climate change and agriculture in South Asia: adaptation options in smallholder production systems," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 22(6), pages 5045-5075, August.
- N. Lalitha & Madhusudan Bandi & Soumya Vinayan, 2021. "Bhalia wheat in Gujarat: Does geographical indication registration have a role in arresting the decline?," Journal of Social and Economic Development, Springer;Institute for Social and Economic Change, vol. 23(1), pages 93-112, June.
- Chalise, Sudarshan & Naranpanawa, Athula & Bandara, Jayatilleke S. & Sarker, Tapan, 2017. "A general equilibrium assessment of climate change–induced loss of agricultural productivity in Nepal," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 43-50.
- Randell, Heather & Jiang, Chengsheng & Liang, Xin-Zhong & Murtugudde, Raghu & Sapkota, Amir, 2021. "Food insecurity and compound environmental shocks in Nepal: Implications for a changing climate," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 145(C).
- Montaud, Jean-Marc & Pecastaing, Nicolas & Tankari, Mahamadou, 2017.
"Potential socio-economic implications of future climate change and variability for Nigerien agriculture: A countrywide dynamic CGE-Microsimulation analysis,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 128-142.
- Jean-Marc Montaud & Nicolas Pecastaing & Mahamadou Roufahi Tankari, 2017. "Potential socio-economic implications of future climate change and variability for Nigerien agriculture: A countrywide dynamic CGE-Microsimulation analysis," Post-Print hal-01885231, HAL.
- Dumortier, Jerome & Carriquiry, Miguel A. & Elobeid, Amani E., 2020. "Impact of Climate Change on Global Agricultural Markets under Different Shared Socioeconomic Pathways," 2020 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, Kansas City, Missouri 304390, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Komol Singha & Rohi Choudhary & Kedar Vishnu, 2014. "Growth and Diversification of Horticulture Crops in Karnataka," SAGE Open, , vol. 4(3), pages 21582440145, September.
- Nataraj, Manikantha & Bhattacharya, Soham, 2020. "Bitter Convergence: Contemporary Crisis of Labour in Rural West Bengal," MPRA Paper 103363, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bhattacharya, Rudrani & Chakravarti, Parma & Mundle, Sudipto, 2018. "Forecasting India's Economic Growth: A Time-Varying Parameter Regression Approach," Working Papers 18/238, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Bastian Winkler & Iris Lewandowski & Angelika Voss & Stefanie Lemke, 2018. "Transition towards Renewable Energy Production? Potential in Smallholder Agricultural Systems in West Bengal, India," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(3), pages 1-24, March.
- Manish Kumar, 2019. "Indiaâ€™s Rice Export: What Is in It for Farmers?," Agrarian South: Journal of Political Economy, Centre for Agrarian Research and Education for South, vol. 8(1-2), pages 136-171, April.
- Muhammad Irshad Ahmad & Les Oxley & Hengyun Ma, 2020. "What Makes Farmers Exit Farming: A Case Study of Sindh Province, Pakistan," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(8), pages 1-17, April.
- Mousumi Das, 2014.
"Measures, spatial profile and determinants of dietary diversity: Evidence from India,"
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers
2014-045, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Mousumi Das, 2014. "Measures, Spatial Profile and Determinants of Dietary Diversity: Evidence from India," Working Papers id:6273, eSocialSciences.
- Mousumi Das, 2016. "Measures, Spatial Profile and Determinants of Dietary Diversity: Evidence from India," Working Papers id:10700, eSocialSciences.
- Cuppari, Rosa I. & Higgins, Chad W. & Characklis, Gregory W., 2021. "Agrivoltaics and weather risk: A diversification strategy for landowners," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 291(C).
- Deepa Pradhan & Ram Ranjan, 2015. "Do Institutional Programs Aimed at Groundwater Augmentation Affect Crop Choice Decisions under Groundwater Irrigation? Empirical Evidence from Andhra Pradesh, India," Water Economics and Policy (WEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 1(02), pages 1-31.
- Bina Agarwal & Ankush Agrawal, 2016. "To farm or not to farm? Indian farmers in transition," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 012016, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Zimmermann, Andrea & Webber, Heidi & Zhao, Gang & Ewert, Frank & Kros, Johannes & Wolf, Joost & Britz, Wolfgang & de Vries, Wim, 2017. "Climate change impacts on crop yields, land use and environment in response to crop sowing dates and thermal time requirements," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 81-92.
- Ahmad Hamidov & Katharina Helming, 2020. "Sustainability Considerations in Water–Energy–Food Nexus Research in Irrigated Agriculture," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(15), pages 1-20, August.
- Bruce A McCarl & Thomas W Hertel, 2018. "Climate Change as an Agricultural Economics Research Topic," Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 40(1), pages 60-78.
- Bina Agarwal & Ankush Agrawal, 2017. "Do farmers really like farming? Indian farmers in transition," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(4), pages 460-478, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:tcpoxx:v:19:y:2019:i:3:p:283-298. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/tcpo20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Chris Longhurst (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/tcpo20 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.