Does Economic Governance Matter?
- Mehmet Ugur
- David Sunderland
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kerry Jacobs, 2009. "Beyond commercial in confidence: accounting for power privatisation in Victoria," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 22(8), pages 1258-1283, October.
- Estache, Antonio & Rodriguez Pardina, Martin & Rodriguez, Jose Maria & Sember, German, 2003. "An introduction to financial and economic modeling for utility regulators," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3001, The World Bank.
- Thomas, Steve, 2006. "The grin of the Cheshire cat," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(15), pages 1974-1983, October.
- Edmar Luiz Fagundes De Almeida & Helder Queiroz Pinto Jr., 2005. "Reform in Brazilian electricity industry: the search for a new model," International Journal of Global Energy Issues, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 23(2/3), pages 169-187.
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:21:y:2010:i:5:p:428-442 is not listed on IDEAS
- T. A. Robinson & M. P. Taylor, 1998. "The Effects of Regulation and Regulatory Risk in the UK Electricity Distribution Industry," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 69(3), pages 331-346, September.
- Jamasb, Tooraj & Pollitt, Michael, 2007.
"Incentive regulation of electricity distribution networks: Lessons of experience from Britain,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6163-6187, December.
- Jamasb, T. & Pollitt, M., 2007. "Incentive Regulation of Electricity Distribution Networks: Lessons of Experience from Britain," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0709, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Narjess Boubakri & Jean-Claude Cosset, 1998. "The Financial and Operating Performance of Newly Privatized Firms: Evidence from Developing Countries," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(3), pages 1081-1110, June.
- Ogden, S. G., 1995. "Transforming frameworks of accountability: The case of water privatization," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 20(2-3), pages 193-218.
- Branston, J. R., 2000. "A counterfactual price analysis of British electricity privatisation," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 31-46, March.
- Rocha, Katia & Camacho, Fernando & Braganca, Gabriel, 2007. "Return on capital of Brazilian electricity distributors: A comparative analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2526-2537, April.
- Ogden, S. G., 1997. "Accounting for organizational performance: The construction of the customer in the privatized water industry," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 529-556, August.
- Amann, Edmund & Baer, Werner, 2005. "From the developmental to the regulatory state: the transformation of the government's impact on the Brazilian economy," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(2-3), pages 421-431, May.
- Kang, Jaesung & Weisman, Dennis L. & Zhang, Mingyuan, 2000. "Do consumers benefit from tighter price cap regulation?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 113-119, April.
- Luciano Losekann, 2008. "The second reform of the Brazilian electric sector," International Journal of Global Energy Issues, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 29(1/2), pages 75-87.
- Bajay, S.V., 2006. "Integrating competition and planning: A mixed institutional model of the Brazilian electric power sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 865-876.
More about this item
Book ChaptersThe following chapters of this book are listed in IDEAS
- Mehmet Ugur & David Sunderland, 2011. "Does Economic Governance Matter? New Contributions to the Debate," Chapters,in: Does Economic Governance Matter?, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Korkut Alp Ertürk, 2011. "Governance and Asymmetric Power," Chapters,in: Does Economic Governance Matter?, chapter 2 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Emmanuel Lazega & Lise Mounier & Paola Tubaro, 2011. "Norms, Advice Networks and Joint Economic Governance: The Case of Conflicts Among Shareholders at the Commercial Court of Paris," Chapters,in: Does Economic Governance Matter?, chapter 3 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Peter-Jan Engelen, 2011. "Legal versus Reputational Penalties in Deterring Corporate Misconduct," Chapters,in: Does Economic Governance Matter?, chapter 4 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Grazia Ietto-Gillies, 2011. "Strategies of Transnational Companies in the Context of the Governance Systems of Nation-states," Chapters,in: Does Economic Governance Matter?, chapter 5 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ahmet Faruk Aysan & …mer Faruk Baykal & Marie-Ange Véganzonès–Varoudakis, 2011. "The Effects of Convergence in Governance on Capital Accumulation in the Black Sea Economic Cooperation Countries," Chapters,in: Does Economic Governance Matter?, chapter 6 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- José Antonio Alonso & Carlos Garcimartín & Luis Rivas, 2011. "Taxes, Foreign Aid and Quality of Governance Institutions," Chapters,in: Does Economic Governance Matter?, chapter 7 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Constantine E. Passaris, 2011. "Economic Governance and Full Employment," Chapters,in: Does Economic Governance Matter?, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Vladimir Hlasny, 2011. "The Political Economy of Deregulation in the US Gas Distribution Market," Chapters,in: Does Economic Governance Matter?, chapter 9 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Cláudio de Araújo Wanderley & John Cullen & Mathew Tsamenyi, 2011. "Electricity Sector Reforms and the Tariff Review Process in Brazil," Chapters,in: Does Economic Governance Matter?, chapter 10 Edward Elgar Publishing.
KeywordsBusiness and Management; Economics and Finance; Politics and Public Policy;
- B5 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:elg:eebook:14356. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Darrel McCalla). General contact details of provider: http://www.e-elgar.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.