Contact information of Cambridge University Press
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jnlpup. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: https://www.cambridge.org/pup .
June 2020, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 171-193 What’s fair? Preferences for tax progressivity in the wake of the financial crisis
by Limberg, Julian
- 194-211 Can policy forums overcome echo chamber effects by enabling policy learning? Evidence from the Irish climate change policy network
by Wagner, Paul M. & Ylä-Anttila, Tuomas
- 212-213 Can policy forums overcome echo chamber effects by enabling policy learning? Evidence from the Irish climate change policy network – CORRIGENDUM
by Wagner, Paul M. & Ylä-Anttila, Tuomas
- 214-235 Congressional capacity and the abolition of legislative service organizations
by Clarke, Andrew J.
- 236-258 Dynamics of policy change in authoritarian countries: a multiple-case study on China
by Wu, Yipin
- 259-279 Lobbying, learning and policy reinvention: an examination of the American States’ drunk driving laws
by Yu, Jinhai & Jennings, Edward T. & Butler, J. S.
- 280-304 The importance of salience: public opinion and state policy action on climate change
by Bromley-Trujillo, Rebecca & Poe, John
- 305-328 How bureaucratic leadership shapes policy outcomes: partisan politics and affluent citizens’ incomes in the American states
by Berkowitz, Daniel & Krause, George A.
- 329-347 Party government and policy responsiveness. Evidence from three parliamentary democracies
by Toshkov, Dimiter & Mäder, Lars & Rasmussen, Anne
March 2020, Volume 40, Issue 1
- 1-24 More bang for your buck: tax compliance in the United States and Italy
by Dâ€™Attoma, John
- 25-50 The political economy of budget trade-offs
by Adolph, Christopher & Breunig, Christian & Koski, Chris
- 51-71 Congress as theatre: how advocates use ambiguity for political advantage
by Bergquist, Parrish
- 72-95 Beyond the visible policy agenda: problem definitions disappearing from the agenda as nondecisions
by Shpaizman, Ilana
- 96-115 Corrective policy reactions: positive and negative budgetary punctuations
by Flink, Carla M. & Robinson, Scott E.
- 116-143 The democratic deficit on salient issues: immigration and healthcare in the states
by Hare, Christopher & Monogan, James E.
- 144-170 De facto regulatory decision-making processes in telecommunications regulation: explaining influence relationships with exponential random graph models
by GonzÃ¡lez, Camilo Ignacio & Verhoest, Koen
December 2019, Volume 39, Issue 4
- 543-564 Choosing lobbying sides: the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union
by Atikcan, Ece Ã–zlem & Chalmers, Adam William
- 565-585 Swift, brokered and broad-based information exchange: how network structure facilitates stakeholders monitoring EU policy implementation
by Schrama, Reini
- 587-608 Going beyond dyadic consultation relationships: information exchange in multi-step participation procedures
by Fink, Simon & Ruffing, Eva
- 609-636 Interdependent policy instrument preferences: a two-mode network approach
by Metz, Florence & Leifeld, Philip & Ingold, Karin
- 637-654 Left to right: labour market policy, labour market status and political affinities
by Meyer, Brett
September 2019, Volume 39, Issue 3
- 423-441 Redistributing under fiscal constraint: partisanship, debt, inequality and labour market regulation
by Aaskoven, Lasse
- 443-464 The drivers of regulatory networking: policy learning between homophily and convergence
by Vantaggiato, Francesca P.
- 465-481 Networking, lobbying and bargaining for pensions: trade union power in the Norwegian pension reform
by GrÃ¸dem, Anne Skevik & Hippe, Jon M.
- 483-515 Do markets make good commissioners?: A quasi-experimental analysis of retail electric restructuring in Ohio
by Dormady, Noah & Jiang, Zhongnan & Hoyt, Matthew
- 517-519 Do markets make good commissioners?: A quasi-experimental analysis of retail electric restructuring in Ohio â€“ ERRATUM
by Dormady, Noah & Jiang, Zhongnan & Hoyt, Matthew
- 521-541 Explaining the â€œebb and flowâ€ of the problem stream: frame conflicts over the future of coal seam gas (â€œfrackingâ€ ) in Australia
by Fawcett, Paul & Jensen, Michael J. & Ransan-Cooper, Hedda & Duus, Sonya
June 2019, Volume 39, Issue 2
- 201-234 The evolution of human trafficking messaging in the United States and its effect on public opinion
by Bonilla, Tabitha & Mo, Cecilia Hyunjung
- 235-265 Policy accommodation versus electoral turnover: policy representation in Britain, 1945â€“2015
by Bartle, John & Avellaneda, Sebastian Dellepiane & McGann, Anthony
- 267-294 Change or stability in the structure of interest group networks? Evidence from Scottish Public Policy Consultations
by Ackland, Robert & Halpin, Darren R.
- 295-328 How political trust matters in emergent democracies: evidence from East and Southeast Asia
by Yap, O. Fiona
- 329-358 Political control and policy-making uncertainty in executive orders: the implementation of environmental justice policy
by Provost, Colin & Gerber, Brian J.
- 359-391 Political and legal antecedents of affirmative action: a comparative framework
by Sommer, Udi & Asal, Victor
- 393-422 Policy entrepreneurship across boundaries: a systematic literature review
by Faling, Marijn & Biesbroek, Robbert & Karlsson-Vinkhuyzen, Sylvia & Termeer, Katrien
March 2019, Volume 39, Issue 1
- 1-34 Board on the job: public-pension governance in the United States (US) states
by Brooks, John
- 35-64 Integrating collaborative governance theory with the Advocacy Coalition Framework
by Koebele, Elizabeth A.
- 65-87 Does EU support contribute to economically successful Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs)? A panel data analysis of road PPP projects in Spain
by Garrido, Laura & Rangel, Thais & Baeza, MarÃa De Los Ã ngeles & Vassallo, JosÃ© M.
- 89-113 Agency rulemaking in a separation of powers system
by Potter, Rachel Augustine & Shipan, Charles R.
- 115-142 Pivotal Politics and the ideological content of Landmark Laws
by Gray, Thomas R. & Jenkins, Jeffery A.
- 143-175 Lawmaking in American Legislatures: an empirical investigation
by Clinton, Joshua D. & Richardson, Mark D.
- 177-200 Why does the United Kingdom (UK) have inconsistent preferences on financial regulation? The case of banking and capital markets
by James, Scott & Quaglia, Lucia
September 2018, Volume 38, Issue 4
December 2018, Volume 38, Issue 4
September 2018, Volume 38, Issue 3
- 275-304 Assessing the validity and reliability of measurements when evaluating public policy
by Crepaz, Michele & Chari, Raj
- 305-328 How do social security expenditures vary by state? The surprising impact of unemployment
by Chaffin, LaTasha Y. & Corder, J. Kevin
- 329-360 Crashing the party: advocacy coalitions and the nonpartisan primary
by Sinclair, J. Andrew & Oâ€™Grady, Ian & McIntosh, Brock & Nordlund, Carrie
- 361-387 Policy convergence as a multifaceted concept: the case of renewable energy policies in the European Union
by Strunz, Sebastian & Gawel, Erik & Lehmann, Paul & SÃ¶derholm, Patrik
- 389-417 The impact of intra-EU migration on welfare chauvinism
by Cappelen, Cornelius & Peters, Yvette
June 2018, Volume 38, Issue 2
- 141-163 Income inequality and the growth of redistributive spending in the United States (US) states: is there a link?
by Moldogaziev, Tima T. & Monogan, James E. & Witko, Christopher
- 165-189 The criminalisation of paying for sex in England and Wales: how gender and power are implicated in the making of policy
by Mulvihill, Natasha
- 191-220 Conditional tax competition in American states
by Arel-Bundock, Vincent & Parinandi, Srinivas
- 221-242 Policy failures, blame games and changes to policy practice
by Hinterleitner, Markus
- 243-274 The partisan politics of early childhood education in the German LÃ¤nder
by Busemeyer, Marius R. & Seitzl, Lina
March 2018, Volume 38, Issue 1
December 2017, Volume 37, Issue 4
- 341-361 No vacancy: holdover capacity and the continued staffing of major commissions
by Madonna, Anthony & Ostrander, Ian
- 363-400 State capture from below? The contradictory effects of decentralisation on public spending
by Mueller, Sean & Vatter, Adrian & Arnold, Tobias
- 401-429 Contingent technocracy: bureaucratic independence in developing countries
by Teodoro, Manuel P. & Pitcher, M. Anne
- 431-458 Adoption, reinvention and amendment of renewable portfolio standards in the American states
by Carley, Sanya & Nicholson-Crotty, Sean & Miller, Chris J.
- 459-486 Explaining varying lobbying styles across the Atlantic: an empirical test of the cultural and institutional explanations
by Hanegraaff, Marcel & Poletti, Arlo & Beyers, Jan
September 2017, Volume 37, Issue 3
June 2017, Volume 37, Issue 2
March 2017, Volume 37, Issue 1
December 2016, Volume 36, Issue 4
- 521-545 The stability of basic income: a constitutional solution for a political problem?
by De Wispelaere, Jurgen & Morales, Leticia
- 547-571 Agency policy preferences, congressional letter-marking and the allocation of distributive policy benefits
by Mills, Russell W. & Kalaf-Hughes, Nicole & MacDonald, Jason A.
- 573-601 The politics of fiscal consolidation revisited
by HÃ¼bscher, Evelyne
- 603-638 Luck or luxury? Possible corruption in the car registration process in the Czech Republic
by Bolcha, Peter & RovnÃ½, Jan
- 639-664 The three institutionalisms and institutional dynamics: understanding endogenous and exogenous change
by Koning, Edward Anthony
September 2016, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 335-380 The political economy of tax enforcement: a look at the Internal Revenue Service from 1978 to 2010
by Bagchi, Sutirtha
- 381-406 Happy taxation: increasing tax compliance through positive rewards?
by Brockmann, Hilke & Genschel, Philipp & Seelkopf, Laura
- 407-436 The electoral foundations to noncompliance: addressing the puzzle of unlawful state aid in the European Union
by Franchino, Fabio & Mainenti, Marco
- 437-456 Partisanship and tax competition in the American states
by Davis, John C. & Nicholson-Crotty, Sean
- 457-488 Offshore financial activity and tax policy: evidence from a leaked data set
by Caruana-Galizia, Paul & Caruana-Galizia, Matthew
- 489-520 Congress as manager: oversight hearings and agency morale
by Marvel, John D. & McGrath, Robert J.
June 2016, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 169-193 A defence of participation income
by PÃ©rez-MuÃ±oz, Cristian
- 195-218 Issue expertise in policymaking
by May, Peter J. & Koski, Chris & Stramp, Nicholas
- 219-250 Explaining styles of political judgement in British government: comparing isolation dynamics (1959â€“1974)
by Six, Perri
- 251-275 Electric utilities and American climate policy: lobbying by expected winners and losers
by Kim, Sung Eun & Urpelainen, Johannes & Yang, Joonseok
- 277-308 Material poverty and multiple deprivation in Britain: the distinctiveness of multidimensional assessment
by Hick, Rod
- 309-334 Dealing with bad guys: actor- and process-level determinants of the â€œdevil shiftâ€ in policy making
by Fischer, Manuel & Ingold, Karin & Sciarini, Pascal & Varone, FrÃ©dÃ©ric
March 2016, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 3-25 The Comparative Policy Agendas Project: theory, measurement and findings
by Dowding, Keith & Hindmoor, Andrew & Martin, Aaron
- 25-31 On the relationship between (partiesâ€™ and votersâ€™) issue attention and their issue positions: response to Dowding, Hindmoor and Martin
by Adams, James
- 31-46 The Comparative Policy Agendas Projects as measurement systems: response to Dowding, Hindmoor and Martin
by Jones, Bryan D.
- 46-50 Attention, content and measurement: rejoinder to Adams and Jones
by Dowding, Keith & Hindmoor, Andrew & Martin, Aaron
- 51-86 Windows of opportunity: legislative fragmentation conditions the effect of partisanship on product market deregulation
by Smith, Michael G. & Urpelainen, Johannes
- 87-107 Problems (and solutions) in the measurement of policy diffusion mechanisms
by Maggetti, Martino & Gilardi, Fabrizio
- 109-138 The end of work or work without end? How peopleâ€™s beliefs about labour markets shape retirement politics
by Kemmerling, Achim
- 139-167 Carbon allowances and the demand for offsets: a comprehensive assessment of imperfect substitutes
by Dormady, Noah C. & Englander, Gabriel
December 2015, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 355-385 Public information, public learning and public opinion: democratic accountability in education policy
by Clinton, Joshua D. & Grissom, Jason A.
- 387-420 Low-technology industries and the skill composition of immigration
by Rheault, Ludovic
- 421-457 Development, democracy and corruption: how poverty and lack of political rights encourage corruption
by Neudorfer, Natascha S.
- 459-476 Salience, complexity and state resistance to federal mandates
by Balla, Steven J. & Deering, Christopher J.
- 477-504 Explaining deviations from the Stability and Growth Pact: power, ideology, economic need or diffusion?
by Hansen, Michael A.
- 505-530 Upsetting the agenda: the clout of external focusing events in the European Council
by Alexandrova, Petya
August 2015, Volume 35, Issue 2
- 171-191 The influence of competing organisational appeals on individual donations
by Klar, Samara & Piston, Spencer
- 193-222 The longer-run performance effects of agencification: theory and evidence from QuÃ©bec agencies
by Vining, Aidan R. & Laurin, Claude & Weimer, David
- 223-244 Measuring interest group framing strategies in public policy debates
by KlÃ¼ver, Heike & Mahoney, Christine
- 245-268 Institutions and coalitions in policy processes: a cross-sectoral comparison
by Fischer, Manuel
- 269-296 How to win friends and influence people: climate scientistsâ€™ perspectives on their relationship with and influence on government officials
by Stoutenborough, James W. & Bromley-Trujillo, Rebecca & Vedlitz, Arnold
- 297-328 Driving energy: the enactment and ambitiousness of state renewable energy policy
by Berry, Michael J. & Laird, Frank N. & Stefes, Christoph H.
- 329-354 The formation of public-private partnerships in China: an institutional perspective
by Zhang, Yanlong
April 2015, Volume 35, Issue 1
- 1-33 Gendered diffusion on gendered issues: the case of human trafficking
by BouchÃ©, Vanessa & Wittmer, Dana E.
- 35-61 High profile rape trials and policy advocacy
by Coulter, Kristine & Meyer, David S.
- 63-96 Who saw it coming? The UKâ€™s great financial crisis
by Hindmoor, Andrew & McConnell, Allan
- 97-136 Intergovernmental climate change mitigation policies: theory and outcomes
by Nelson, Hal T. & Rose, Adam & Wei, Dan & Peterson, Thomas & Wennberg, Jeffrey
- 137-170 Policy beyond politics? Public opinion, party politics and the French pro-nuclear energy policy
by Brouard, Sylvain & Guinaudeau, Isabelle
December 2014, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 357-387 When the smoke clears: expertise, learning and policy diffusion
by Shipan, Charles R. & Volden, Craig
- 389-414 Policy learning and science policy innovation adoption by street-level bureaucrats
by Arnold, Gwen
- 415-436 State tax subsidies to bolster the long-term care insurance market
by Nixon, David C.
- 437-473 Integrated strategies on sustainable development, climate change mitigation and adaptation in Western Europe: communication rather than coordination
by Casado-Asensio, Juan & Steurer, Reinhard
- 475-506 Budgeting and implementing fiscal policy in Italy
by Cepparulo, Alessandra & Gastaldi, Francesca & Giuriato, Luisa & Sacchi, Agnese
- 507-529 â€œClose but no Cigarâ€ : the measurement of corruption
by Heywood, Paul M. & Rose, Jonathan
August 2014, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 183-206 Income taxation and the validity of state capacity indicators
by Rogers, Melissa Ziegler & Weller, Nicholas
- 207-235 Dominating the news: government officials in front-page news coverage of policy issues in the United States and Korea
by Yoon, Jiso & Boydstun, Amber E.
- 237-267 Support from below? Supranational institutions, regional Ã©lites and governance preferences
by Tatham, MichaÃ«l & Bauer, Michael W.
- 269-301 The politics of redistribution in local governments: the effect of gender representation on welfare spending in California counties
by Park, Sanghee
- 303-329 Fiscal federalism and American exceptionalism: why is there no federal equalisation system in the United States?
by BÃ©land, Daniel & Lecours, AndrÃ©
- 331-353 The EU as an â€œenforcement patchworkâ€ : the impact of national enforcement for compliance with EU water law in Spain and Britain
by GarcÃa Quesada, MÃ³nica
- 355-355 From metaphors to measures: observable indicators of gradual institutional change â€“ CORRIGENDUM
by Rocco, Philip & Thurston, Chloe
April 2014, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 3-33 Sex and the ballot box: perception of ballot measures regarding same-sex marriage and abortion in California
by Burnett, Craig M. & McCubbins, Mathew D.
- 35-62 From metaphors to measures: observable indicators of gradual institutional change
by Rocco, Philip & Thurston, Chloe
- 63-92 Fact or fiction? Welfare cuts and fiscal adjustments
by Wenzelburger, Georg
- 93-121 Ties that count: explaining interest group access to policymakers
by Beyers, Jan & Braun, Caelesta
- 123-154 Learning by doing: the role of financial experience in financial literacy
by Frijns, Bart & Gilbert, Aaron & Tourani-Rad, Alireza
- 155-180 Policy image resilience, multidimensionality, and policy image management: a study of US biofuel policy
by Mondou, Matthieu & Skogstad, Grace & Houle, David
December 2013, Volume 33, Issue 3
- 259-293 When and how can advocacy groups promote new technologies? Conditions and strategies for effectiveness
by Kim, Sung Eun & Urpelainen, Johannes
- 295-317 Institutional trust and welfare state support: on the role of trust in market institutions
by Edlund, Jonas & Lindh, Arvid
- 319-344 Partisan brand name building and deficit politics: examining the role of power sharing on party issue consistency
by Lynch, Michael S. & Madonna, Anthony J.
- 345-369 The EU budget after Lisbon: rigidity and reduced spending?
by Benedetto, Giacomo
- 371-396 Policing methamphetamine problems: a framework for synthesising expert opinion and evaluating alternative policy options
by Manning, Matthew & Ransley, Janet & Smith, Christine & Mazerolle, Lorraine & Cook, Alana
August 2013, Volume 33, Issue 2
April 2013, Volume 33, Issue 1
December 2012, Volume 32, Issue 3
August 2012, Volume 32, Issue 2
March 2012, Volume 32, Issue 1
December 2011, Volume 31, Issue 3
August 2011, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 121-141 Lagged Learning and the Response to Equilibrium Shock: The Global Financial Crisis and IMF Surveillance
by Moschella, Manuela
- 143-161 UK Monetary Policy Change During the Financial Crisis: Paradigms, Spillovers, and Goal Co-ordination
by Kay, Adrian
- 163-186 Why Did Estonia Choose Fiscal Retrenchment after the 2008 Crisis?
by Raudla, Ringa & Kattel, Rainer
- 187-208 Negotiation-based Policy Instruments and Performance: Dutch Covenants and Environmental Policy Outcomes
by Bressers, Hans & de Bruijn, Theo & Lulofs, Kris & O'Toole, Laurence J.
- 209-234 Explaining the Accountability of Independent Agencies: The Importance of Political Salience
by Koop, Christel
April 2011, Volume 31, Issue 1
February 2011, Volume 31, Issue 1
- 1-24 Political Competition and Unequal Social Rights
by MÃ¤tzke, Margitta
- 25-50 Risk, Regulation and Crisis: Comparing National Responses in Food Safety Regulation
by Lodge, Martin
- 73-93 Changing Frames of Reference and Regulatory Structures: French Airport Policy in Transition
by Villard, Philippe
- 95-117 What Drives the Diffusion of Privatization Policy? Evidence from the Telecommunications Sector
by Schmitt, Carina
- 119-120 Diana Panke, Small States in the European Union: Coping with Structural Disadvantages. Farnham, Surrey: Ashgate, 2010. 240 pp, ISBN 9781409405283 (hardback) and ISBN 9781409405290 (ebook). - Robert Steinmetz and Anders Wivel, eds., Small States in Europe. Farnham, Surrey: Ashgate, 2010. 230 pp, ISBN 9780754677826 (hardback) and ISBN 9780754695301 (ebook)
by Rose, Richard
December 2010, Volume 30, Issue 3
- 241-262 Measuring Poverty: Context-Specific but not Relative
by Niemietz, Kristian
- 263-289 Events, Public Discourses and Responsive Government: Quality Assurance in Health Care in England, Sweden and Japan
by Kodate, Naonori
- 291-320 Politics and Privatization: Exogenous pressures, domestic incentives and state divestiture in Latin America
by Doyle, David
- 321-343 Farm Interests as Bargaining Chips: France in the EU-Mercosur Free Trade Negotiations
by Konold, Dieter
- 345-362 Policy Success, Policy Failure and Grey Areas In-Between
by McCONNELL, ALLAN
- 363-365 Jens Alber and Neil Gilbert eds., United in Diversity? Comparing Social Models in Europe and America. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2009, pp. 450 Hardcover ISBN 978-0-19-537663-0
by Hall, Peter A.
- 366-367 Derek Bok The Politics of Happiness. What Government Can Learn from the New Research on Well-being. 2010, Princeton University Press, Princeton and Oxford
by Wallace, Claire
August 2010, Volume 30, Issue 2
April 2010, Volume 30, Issue 1
- 1-22 Performing to Type? How State Institutions Matter in East Central Europe
by Zubek, Radoslaw & Goetz, Klaus H.
- 23-44 Political Institutions and Policy Performance: A Comparative Analysis of Central and Eastern Europe
by Jahn, Detlef & Mãœller-Rommel, Ferdinand
- 45-62 Political Power, Fiscal Institutions and Budgetary Outcomes in Central and Eastern Europe
by Hallerberg, Mark & Ylã„Outinen, Sami
- 63-80 Legislatures and Policy Uncertainty: Evidence from East Central Europe
by Zubek, Radoslaw & Stecker, Christian
- 81-99 Constitutions, EU Law and Judicial Strategies in the Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland
by Matczak, Marcin & Bencze, Matyas & Kãœhn, Zdenek
- 101-116 Institutional Performance and Compliance with EU Law: Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia and Slovenia
by Falkner, Gerda
- 117-136 Regulatory Impact Assessment: Formal Institutionalization and Practice
by Staroå‡Ovã , Katarã Na
December 2009, Volume 29, Issue 3