Do consumers benefit from tighter price cap regulation?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Weisman, Dennis L, 1993. "Superior Regulatory Regimes in Theory and Practice," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 355-366, December.
- Brennan, Timothy J, 1989. "Regulating by Capping Prices," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 133-147, June.
- Law, Peter J, 1995. "Tighter Average Revenue Regulation Can Reduce Consumer Welfare," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(4), pages 399-404, December.
- Law, Peter J, 1997. "Welfare Effects of Pricing in Anticipation of Laspeyres Price-Cap Regulation: An Example," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 17-27, January.
- Bernstein, Jeffrey I & Sappington, David E M, 1999.
"Setting the X Factor in Price-Cap Regulation Plans,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 5-25, July.
- Jeffrey I. Bernstein & David E. M. Sappington, 1998. "Setting the X Factor in Price Cap Regulation Plans," NBER Working Papers 6622, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark Armstrong & John Vickers, 1991. "Welfare Effects of Price Discrimination by a Regulated Monopolist," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 22(4), pages 571-581, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cláudio de Araújo Wanderley & John Cullen & Mathew Tsamenyi, 2011. "Electricity Sector Reforms and the Tariff Review Process in Brazil," Chapters,in: Does Economic Governance Matter?, chapter 10 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Paula Sarmento & António Brandão, 2007.
"Entry Deterrence and Entry Accommodation Strategies of a Multiproduct Firm Regulated with Dynamic Price Cap,"
International Advances in Economic Research,
Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 13(1), pages 19-34, February.
- Paula Sarmento & António Brandão, 2005. "Entry Deterrence and Entry Accommodation Strategies of a Multiproduct Firm Regulated with Dynamic Price Cap," CEF.UP Working Papers 0502, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Chun-Hung Chen & Ting-Kun Liu, 2008. "Tighter Price Cap Regulation on Consumer Surplus and Utility," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 12(37), pages 1-8.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:13:y:2007:i:1:p:19-34 is not listed on IDEAS
- Noriaki Matsushima, 2008. "Price regulation, product location, and welfare," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 95(3), pages 233-253, December.
- Breton, Michèle & Kharbach, Mohammed, 2012. "Transportation and storage under a dynamic price cap regulation process," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 918-929.
- Armstrong, Mark & Sappington, David E.M., 2007. "Recent Developments in the Theory of Regulation," Handbook of Industrial Organization, Elsevier.
- Mehmet Ugur & David Sunderland (ed.), 2011. "Does Economic Governance Matter?," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14356, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:67:y:2000:i:1:p:113-119. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.