Incentive Compatible Mechanism Design And Firm Growth: Experiences From Telecommunications Sector Regulation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Demetriades, Panicos O & Luintel, Kul B, 1996. "Financial Development, Economic Growth and Banker Sector Controls: Evidence from India," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(435), pages 359-374, March.
- Bonin, John P. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Wachtel, Paul, 2005.
"Privatization matters: Bank efficiency in transition countries,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(8-9), pages 2155-2178, August.
- Paul Wachtel & John Bonin & Iftekhar Hasan, 2004. "Privatization Matters: Bank Efficiency in Transition Countries," Working Papers 04-06, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Bonin, John P. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Wachtel, Paul, 2004. "Privatization matters : bank efficiency in transition countries," BOFIT Discussion Papers 8/2004, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- John P. Bonin & Iftekhar Hasan & Paul Wachtel, 2004. "Privatization Matters: Bank Efficiency in Transition Countries," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-679, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Boardman, Anthony E & Vining, Aidan R, 1989. "Ownership and Performance in Competitive Environments: A Comparison of the Performance of Private, Mixed, and State-Owned Enterprises," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(1), pages 1-33, April.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-De-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2002.
"Government Ownership of Banks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(1), pages 265-301, February.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopezde-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2000. "Government Ownership of Banks," NBER Working Papers 7620, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei, 2001. "Government Ownership of Banks," Working Paper Series rwp01-016, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-deSilanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2000. "Government Ownership of Banks," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1890, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Caves, Richard E., 1990. "Lessons from privatization in Britain : State enterprise behavior, public choice, and corporate governance," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 145-169, March.
- Ali Ataullah & Hang Le, 2006. "Economic reforms and bank efficiency in developing countries: the case of the Indian banking industry," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(9), pages 653-663.
- Nakane, Marcio I. & Weintraub, Daniela B., 2005.
"Bank privatization and productivity: Evidence for Brazil,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(8-9), pages 2259-2289, August.
- Márcio I. Nakane & Daniela B. Weintraub, 2004. "Bank Privatization and Productivity: Evidence for Brazil," Working Papers Series 90, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Nakane, Marcio I. & Weintraub, Daniela B., 2005. "Bank privatization and productivity : evidence for Brazil," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3666, The World Bank.
- Berger, Allen N. & Klapper, Leora F. & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad & Zaidi, Rida, 2008. "Bank ownership type and banking relationships," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 37-62, January.
- Barber, Brad M. & Lyon, John D., 1997. "Detecting long-run abnormal stock returns: The empirical power and specification of test statistics," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 341-372, March.
- Kochhar, Kalpana & Kumar, Utsav & Rajan, Raghuram & Subramanian, Arvind & Tokatlidis, Ioannis, 2006.
"India's pattern of development: What happened, what follows?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(5), pages 981-1019, July.
- Kalpana Kochhar & Utsav Kumar & Raghuram Rajan & Arvind Subramanian, 2006. "India's Patterns of Development: What Happened, What Follows," NBER Working Papers 12023, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arvind Subramanian & Raghuram Rajan & Ioannis Tokatlidis & Kalpana Kochhar & Utsav Kumar, 2006. "India's Pattern of Development; What Happened, What Follows?," IMF Working Papers 06/22, International Monetary Fund.
- Ghosh, Saibal, 2009. "Financial Deregulation and Profit Efficiency: A Non-parametric Analysis of Indian Banks," MPRA Paper 24292, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James R. Barth & Gerard Caprio Jr. & Ross Levine, 2001. "Banking Systems around the Globe: Do Regulation and Ownership Affect Performance and Stability?," NBER Chapters,in: Prudential Supervision: What Works and What Doesn't, pages 31-96 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Megginson, William L & Nash, Robert C & van Randenborgh, Matthias, 1994. " The Financial and Operating Performance of Newly Privatized Firms: An International Empirical Analysis," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(2), pages 403-452, June.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30747188 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nachane, D M & Ghosh, Saibal & Ray, Partha, 2007. "Banking in India," MPRA Paper 17400, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C & Sarkar, Subrata, 2003. " Deregulation, Ownership, and Productivity Growth in the Banking Industry: Evidence from India," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(3), pages 403-424, June.
- Nandini Gupta, 2005. "Partial Privatization and Firm Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(2), pages 987-1015, April.
- Bhattacharyya, Arunava & Lovell, C. A. K. & Sahay, Pankaj, 1997. "The impact of liberalization on the productive efficiency of Indian commercial banks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 332-345, April.
- Crama, Y. & Leruth, L. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2003. "Corporate control concentration measurement and firm performance," Discussion Paper 17, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Narjess Boubakri & Jean-Claude Cosset & Omrane Guedhami, 2008. "Privatisation in Developing Countries: Performance and Ownership Effects," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 26(3), pages 275-308, May.
- Sarkar, Jayati & Sarkar, Subrata & Bhaumik, Sumon K., 1998. "Does Ownership Always Matter?--Evidence from the Indian Banking Industry," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 262-281, June.
- Beck, Thorsten & Cull, Robert & Jerome, Afeikhena, 2005.
"Bank privatization and performance: Empirical evidence from Nigeria,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(8-9), pages 2355-2379, August.
- Beck, Thorsten & Cull, Robert & Jerome, Afeikhena, 2005. "Bank privatization and performance - emprical evidence from Nigeria," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3511, The World Bank.
- Banerjee, Abhijit Vinayak, 2006. "The paradox of Indian growth: A comment on Kochhar et al," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(5), pages 1021-1026, July.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1994. "Politicians and Firms," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(4), pages 995-1025.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Beck, Thorsten & Levine, Ross, 2002.
"Industry growth and capital allocation:*1: does having a market- or bank-based system matter?,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 147-180, May.
- Thorsten Beck & Ross Levine, 2002. "Industry Growth and Capital Allocation: Does Having a Market- or Bank-Based System Matter?," NBER Working Papers 8982, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grosfeld, Irena & Roland, Gérard, 1995.
"Defensive and Strategic Restructuring in Central European Enterprises,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1135, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Grosfeld, I. & Roland, G., 1995. "Defensive and Strategic Restructuring in Central European Enterprises," DELTA Working Papers 95-18, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Jeffry M. Netter & William L. Megginson, 2001. "From State to Market: A Survey of Empirical Studies on Privatization," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 321-389, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Moreno, Plácido & Lozano, Sebastián & Gutiérrez, Ester, 2013. "Dynamic performance analysis of U.S. wireline telecommunication companies," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 469-482.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:annpce:v:81:y:2010:i:3:p:357-387. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1370-4788 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.