Corporate Demography and Empirical Industrial Organization: A Critical Appraisal
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- H. E. Frech, 2002. "Corporate Demography and Empirical Industrial Organization: A Critical Appraisal," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 437-448.
References listed on IDEAS
- Boyan Jovanovic, 2001. "Fitness and Age: Review of Carroll and Hannan's Demography of Corporations and Industries," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(1), pages 105-119, March.
- Blair, Roger D & Vogel, Ronald J, 1978. "A Survivor Analysis of Commercial Health Insurers," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(3), pages 521-529, July.
- Frech, H. E. III & Miller, Richard D. Jr., 1996. "The Productivity of Health Care and Pharmaceuticals: An International Comparison," University of California at Los Angeles, Research Program in Pharmaceutical Economics and Policy qt0d90459k, Research Program in Pharmaceutical Economics and Policy, UCLA.
- Armen A. Alchian, 1950. "Uncertainty, Evolution, and Economic Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58, pages 211-211.
- Troske, Kenneth R, 1996. "The Dynamic Adjustment Process of Firm Entry and Exit in Manufacturing and Finance, Insurance, and Real Estate," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39(2), pages 705-735, October.
- Danger, K. & Frech, H.E.III., 2001. "Critical Thinking about "Critical Loss" in Antitrust," Papers 01-4, U.S. Department of Justice - Antitrust Division.
- Jarrell, Gregg & Peltzman, Sam, 1985.
"The Impact of Product Recalls on the Wealth of Sellers,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(3), pages 512-536, June.
- Gregg A. Jarrell & Sam Peltzman, 1984. "The Impact of Product Recalls on the Wealth of Sellers," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 33, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Frech, H E, III & Ginsburg, Paul B, 1974. "Optimal Scale in Medical Practice: A Survivor Analysis," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(1), pages 23-36, January.
- Keeler, Theodore E, 1989. "Deregulation and Scale Economies in the U.S. Trucking Industry: An Econometric Extension of the Survivor Principle," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(2), pages 229-253, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Russell, Bonita I. & Shapiro, Daniel & Vining, Aidan R., 2010. "The evolution of the Canadian mining industry: The role of regulatory punctuation," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 90-97, June.
- Majumdar Sumit K., 2015. "Competitor entry impact on jobs and wages in incumbent firms: retrospective evidence from a natural experiment," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 17(2), pages 291-326, August.
- Sumit Majumdar, 2008. "Foreign exchange legislation transformation and enterprise demography in India," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 39-56, February.
More about this item
Keywordsentry; exit; demography; survivor analysis; firm;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:ucsbec:qt451647b2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/educsus.html .