Cambridge University Press
Business and Politics
March 2017, Volume 19, Issue 01
- 1-40 Firm Heterogeneity and Trade-Policy Stances Evidence from a Survey of Japanese Producers
by Plouffe, Michael
- 41-67 The New Self-Governance: A Theoretical Framework
by Maurer, Stephen M.
- 68-106 Renewable futures and industrial legacies: Wind and solar sectors in China, Germany, and the United States
by Nahm, Jonas
- 107-134 When Banks Lobby: The Effects of Organizational Characteristics and Banking Regulations on International Bank Lobbying
by Chalmers, Adam William
- 135-165 “And of course our major contribution remains to run a decent business.” Making sense of Shell's sense-making in Nigeria during the 1990s
by Hofferberth, Matthias
December 2016, Volume 18, Issue 04
- 367-394 Avenues of influence: on the political expenditures of corporations and their directors and executives
by Bonica, Adam
- 395-433 The political roots of intermediated lobbying: evidence from Russian enterprises and business associations
by Govorun, Andrei & Marques, Israel & Pyle, William
- 435-465 The fiscal roots of urban bias
by Menaldo, Victor Alexander
- 467-488 Whom do European corporations lobby? The domestic institutional determinants of interest group activity in the European Union
by Ehrlich, Sean D. & Jones, Eryn
October 2016, Volume 18, Issue 03
- 199-223 Governing in a trust deficit
by Peters, Michael David
- 225-262 Choosing which firms to help in crisis: evidence from the emerging European economies
by Duvanova, Dinissa & Sokhey, Sarah Wilson
- 263-295 How do firms compete in the non-market? The process of political capability building
by Brown, Richard S.
- 297-335 Taming corruption: rent potential, collective action, and taxability in Morocco
by Corduneanu-Huci, Cristina
- 337-365 The role of governance systems and rules in wind energy development: evidence from Minnesota and Texas
by Fremeth, Adam & Marcus, Alfred A.
August 2016, Volume 18, Issue 02
- 97-122 The structure of financial markets and the form of state bailouts, 1974–2009
by Mitchell, Christopher W.
- 123-141 The dimensions of corruption and its impact on FDI decision making: the case of Guatemala
by Godinez, Jose & Garita, Mauricio
- 143-170 Merely TINCering around: the shifting private authority of technology, information and news corporations
by Campbell-Verduyn, Malcolm
- 171-198 Business and labor market flexibility in India: the importance of caste
by Saez, Lawrence & Mahmood, Zaad
April 2016, Volume 18, Issue 01
- 1-25 Perceptions of the global financial crisis in the US, UK, Canada and Australia: a comparative editorial analysis of the legitimacy of finance
by Mikler, John & Rajendra, Sundran & Elbra, Ainsley Dianne
- 27-62 Institutional development and bank competitive transformation in late industrializing economies: the Spanish case
by Calvo, Angela Garcia
- 63-84 Stock market reactions to conflict diamond trading restrictions and controversies
by Seitz, William Hutchins
- 85-96 An allegory of the political influence of the top 1%
by De Donder, Philippe & Roemer, John E.
December 2015, Volume 17, Issue 04
- 603-631 Ambiguity, discretion and ethics in Norway's sovereign wealth fund
by Hachigian, Heather
- 633-659 Polluting industries as climate protagonists: cap and trade and the problem of business preferences
by Grumbach, Jacob M.
- 661-696 Corporate governance reforms and political partisanship: an empirical analysis in 16 OECD countries
by Darcillon, Thibault
- 697-721 Cooling off periods in franchise contracts: from consumer protection mechanisms to paternalistic remedies for behavioral biases
by Atwell, Courtenay
- 723-737 The cost growth of government revisited
by Semat, Joshua & Lowery, David & Linn, Suzanna & Berry, William D.
October 2015, Volume 17, Issue 03
- 391-409 Structural power and political science in the post-crisis era
by Culpepper, Pepper D.
- 411-441 Structural power in comparative political economy: perspectives from policy formulation in Latin America
by Fairfield, Tasha
- 443-472 Not by structure alone: power, prominence, and agency in American finance
by Young, Kevin
- 473-493 The long arm of justice: U.S. structural power and international banking
by Emmenegger, Patrick
- 495-525 Structural power and the global financial crisis: a network analytical approach
by Winecoff, William Kindred
- 527-552 Structuring power: business and authority beyond the nation state
by Farrell, Henry & Newman, Abraham L.
- 553-576 The multinational firm and geopolitics: Europe, Russian energy, and power
by Abdelal, Rawi
- 577-601 The structural power of business: taking structure, agency and ideas seriously
by Marsh, David & Akram, Sadiya & Birkett, Holly
August 2015, Volume 17, Issue 02
- 177-219 Signaling the credibility of private actors as public agents: transparency, independence, and expertise in environmental evaluations of products and companies
by Bullock, Graham
- 221-251 Public policies in a regulated entrepreneurial setting
by Marcus, Alfred A. & Cohen, Susan K.
- 253-289 Industry associations, health innovation systems and politics of development: the cases of India and South Africa
by Papaioannou, Theo & Watkins, Andrew & Kale, Dinar & Mugwagwa, Julius
- 291-326 Competitor entry impact on jobs and wages in incumbent firms: retrospective evidence from a natural experiment
by Majumdar, Sumit K.
- 327-354 Financial structures, firms, and the welfare states in South Korea and Singapore
by Lim, Sijeong
- 355-390 Stakeholder pressures on corporate climate change-related accountability and disclosures: Australian evidence
by Haque, Shamima & Islam, Muhammad Azizul
April 2015, Volume 17, Issue 01
- 1-40 Unionization and the partisan effect on income inequality
by Castater, Eric Graig
- 41-73 Political connectedness and business performance: evidence from Turkish industry rankings
by Özcan, Gül Berna & Gündüz, Umut
- 75-96 Social influence, competition and the act of lobbying
by Kanol, Direnç
- 97-123 Politically connected polluters under smog
by Wang, Yuhua
- 125-159 Technological innovation, globalization, and varieties of capitalism: the case of Siemens AG as example for contingent institutional adaptation
by Fritsch, Stefan
- 161-175 Reflections on a “Heavenly Chorus [that] Sings with a Strong [Male] Upper Class Accent”
by Suárez, Sandra L.
December 2014, Volume 16, Issue 04
- 481-509 Do WTO rules preclude industrial policy? Evidence from the global economic crisis
by Aggarwal, Vinod K. & Evenett, Simon J.
- 511-547 Industrial policy, politics and competition: Assessing the post-crisis wind power industry
by Lewis, Joanna I.
- 549-578 Protecting the petroleum industry: renewed government aid to fossil fuel producers
by Lin, Kun-Chin
- 579-613 The complex and covert web of financial protectionism
by Young, Kevin
- 615-639 Global value chains and state support in the aircraft industry
by McGuire, Steven
- 641-665 Shifting gears: industrial policy and automotive industry after the 2008 financial crisis
by Oh, Seung-Youn
October 2014, Volume 16, Issue 03
- 373-391 The bridge model: how Spanish multinationals are building economic ties between Asia and Latin America
by Casanova, Lourdes & Rodríguez-Montemayor, Eduardo
- 393-427 Emerging varieties of incorporated capitalism. Theoretical considerations and empirical evidence
by Buhr, Daniel & Frankenberger, Rolf
- 429-451 Sanctions and the insurance industry: challenges, risks and opportunities
by Moran, Matthew & Salisbury, Daniel
- 453-479 The puzzle of heterogeneity in support for free trade
by Drope, Jeffrey & Chowdhury, Abdur
August 2014, Volume 16, Issue 02
- 221-246 Lobbying and the collective action problem: comparative evidence from enterprise surveys
by Barber, Benjamin & Pierskalla, Jan & Weschle, Simon
- 247-266 Interests need not be pursued if they can be created: private governance in African gold mining
by Elbra, Ainsley D.
- 267-289 All politics is local, but lobbying is federal and local: the validity of LDA data
by Clemens, Austin C.
- 291-312 Antitrust enforcement by state attorneys general: institutional, legal and political considerations
by Dove, John A.
- 313-338 Trade, societal interests, and political parties
by Hwang, Wonjae & Down, Ian
- 339-372 A network view of MNC embeddedness in a politically uncertain market: the case of Turkey
by Alimadadi, Siavash & Pahlberg, Cecilia
April 2014, Volume 16, Issue 01
- 1-30 The politics of small business organization, partisanship and institutionalization: similarities in the contrasting cases of Japan and the US
by Babb, James
- 31-63 Socializing the C-suite: why some big-box retailers are “greener” than others
by van der Ven, Hamish
- 65-65 From the Editor's Desk
by Aggarwal, Vinod & Rocco, Philip
- 67-77 Introduction: multiplicity and plurality in the world of standards
by Djelic, Marie Laure & den Hond, Frank
- 79-112 The impact of meta-standardization upon standards convergence: the case of the international accounting standard for off-balance-sheet financing
by Thiemann, Matthias
- 113-150 Beyond the transatlantic divide: the multiple authorities of standards in the global political economy of services
by Graz, Jean-Christophe & Hauert, Christophe
- 151-189 Explaining variation in the multiplicity of private social and environmental regulation: a multi-case integration across the coffee, forestry and textile sectors
by Turcotte, Marie-France & Reinecke, Juliane & den Hond, Frank
- 191-219 Who defines “local”? Resistance to harmonizing standards in ethical markets
by McCaffrey, Sara Jane & Kurland, Nancy
December 2013, Volume 15, Issue 04
- 435-466 Institutional innovation and investment in Taiwan: the micro-foundations of the developmental state
by Haggard, Stephan & Zheng, Yu
- 467-491 Innovation in Tow: R&D FDI and investment incentives
by Wellhausen, Rachel L.
- 493-527 The political activities of American corporate leaders
by Nownes, Anthony J. & Aitalieva, Nurgul R.
- 529-551 Trade controls and non-proliferation: compliance costs, drivers and challenges
by Salisbury, Daniel
- 553-559 Comment on Gordon L. Clark and Ashby Monk, “Modernity, Imitation, and Performance: Sovereign Funds in the Gulf,” Business and Politics 14 (1, 2012): 1–22
by Moore, Pete W.
- 561-565 What is modern about sovereign wealth funds? A reply to Pete Moore
by Clark, Gordon L. & Dixon, Adam D. & Monk, Ashby H.B.
October 2013, Volume 15, Issue 03
- 275-293 Asset freezing, corporate political resources and the Tullock paradox
by Bonardi, Jean-Philippe & Urbiztondo, Santiago
- 295-321 The Saudi monarchy and economic familism in an era of business environment reforms
by Mazaheri, Nimah
- 323-356 Linkage politics and the persistence of national policy autonomy in emerging powers: patents, profits, and patients in the context of TRIPS compliance
by Olsen, Tricia D. & Sinha, Aseema
- 357-379 The network of global corporate control: implications for public policy
by Compston, Hugh
- 381-399 Management consultants and the United States’ public sector
by Momani, Bessma
- 401-433 Keeping score on congress: explaining variations in interest group ratings of US senators
by Chand, Daniel E. & Schreckhise, William D.
August 2013, Volume 15, Issue 02
- 137-162 Driving support: workers, PACs, and congressional support of the auto industry
by Moore, Ryan T. & Powell, Eleanor Neff & Reeves, Andrew
- 163-186 Building institutional capacity: from pervasive individualism to sustained coordination in small firm sectors
by Evans, Ana Maria
- 187-215 Partisan policy promises and sector-specific stock-market performance: evidence from Mexico's 2006 presidential campaign
by Benton, Allyson Lucinda
- 217-243 What a difference a state makes: pharmaceutical innovation after the TRIPs agreement
by Schüren, Verena
- 245-274 Government-business alliances in state capitalist economies: evidence from low-income markets in China
by Kostka, Genia & Zhou, Jianghua
April 2013, Volume 15, Issue 01
- 1-32 R&D in the periphery? Foreign direct investment, innovation, and institutional quality in developing countries
by Egan, Patrick J.W.
- 33-61 Economic change and the supply of interest representation in the American States
by Lowery, David & Gray, Virginia & Cluverius, John
- 63-85 Corporate citizens and the UN Global Compact: explaining cross-national variations in turnout
by Bernhagen, Patrick & Mitchell, Neil J. & Thissen-Smits, Marianne
- 87-116 Business advocacy in Asian PTAs: a model of selective corporate lobbying with evidence from Japan
by Solís, Mireya
- 117-136 Analyzing political risks in developing countries: a practical framework for project managers
by Jha, Saumitra
December 2012, Volume 14, Issue 04
- 1-24 Ethical codes and corporate responsibility of the most admired companies of the world: Toward a third generation ethics?
by Calderón, Reyes & Ferrero, Ignacio & Redin, Dulce M.
- 1-26 Firm lobbying and influence in developing countries: a multilevel approach
by Weymouth, Stephen
- 1-28 Compliance in the single market
by Egan, Michelle & Guimarães, Maria Helena
- 1-30 Engaging the evolution of varieties of capitalism: a two-tier approach to examining institutional change
by Mastroeni, Michele
- 1-43 Should I stay or should I go? A comparative study of banking sector policies and the strategies of Central American business groups
by Kasahara, Yuri
October 2012, Volume 14, Issue 03
- 1-10 Corporate responsibility, multinational corporations, and nation states: An introduction
by Prakash, Aseem & Griffin, Jennifer J.
- 1-21 Has globalization eroded firms’ responsibility for their employees? A sociological analysis of transnational firms’ corporate social responsibility policies concerning their employees in the Netherlands, 1980–2010
by Quak, Sander & Heilbron, Johan & van der Veen, Romke
- 1-24 A club theory approach to voluntary social programs: Multinational companies and the extractive industries transparency initiative
by Schuler, Douglas A.
- 1-27 Business as usual? An exploration of the determinants of success in the multinational transfer of corporate responsibility initiatives
by Barnett, Michael L. & Lee, Sunyoung
- 1-29 Managing corporate responsibility globally and locally: Lessons from a CR leader
by Brown, Dana & Knudsen, Jette Steen
- 1-30 International strategy for the nonmarket context: stakeholders, issues, networks, and geography
by Lucea, Rafael & Doh, Jonathan
- 1-31 Bargaining for corporate responsibility: The global and the local of framework agreements in the USA
by Fichter, Michael & Stevis, Dimitris & Helfen, Markus
- 1-34 Does it really take the state?
by Börzel, Tanja A. & Hönke, Jana & Thauer, Christian R.
- 1-42 Multi-level corporate responsibility and the mining sector: Learning from the Canadian experience in Latin America
by Webb, Kernaghan
August 2012, Volume 14, Issue 02
- 1-19 Contested Contestability: Competition Policy and the Development of Communications Satellite Broadcasting in Japan
by Johns, Adam
- 1-22 Quality and Environmental Regulation: Verifying Compliance along the Supply Chain
by Tzavara, Dionisia & Heritier, Adrienne
- 1-25 Government Positions for Sale - A Model of Grand Corruption
by Czap, Hans J. & Nur-tegin, Kanybek D.
- 1-26 The Private Whistleblower: Defining a New Role in the Public Procurement System
by Hansson, Lisa
April 2012, Volume 14, Issue 01
- 1-22 Modernity, Imitation, and Performance: Sovereign Funds in the Gulf
by Clark, Gordon L. & Monk, Ashby
- 1-24 Coalitions within the Egyptian Banking Sector: Catalysts of the Popular Revolution
by Abdel-Baki, Monal A.
- 1-35 Influence without Organizations: State-Business Relations and their Impact on Business Environments in Contemporary Africa
by Taylor, Scott D.
- 1-38 Corporate Political Donations: Investment or Agency?
by Aggarwal, Rajesh K. & Meschke, Felix & Wang, Tracy Yue
- 1-42 Marketing to the Base of the Pyramid: A Corporate Responsibility Approach with Case Inspired Strategies
by Santos, Nicholas J.C. & Laczniak, Gene R.
December 2011, Volume 13, Issue 04
- 1-30 The Binding Dynamics of Non-Binding Governance Arrangements. The Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights and the Cases of BP and Chevron
by Hofferberth, Matthias
- 1-34 Bargaining Model for the International Oil Industry
by Vivoda, Vlado
- 1-34 Neoliberalism as Colonial Embrace: Evaluating Alberta's Regulation of First Nations Gaming, 1993–2010
by Belanger, Yale D. & Williams, Robert J.
- 1-35 Environmental Jolts, Clocks, and Strategic Change in the U.S. Airline Industry: The Effects of Deregulation and the 9/11/2001 Terrorist Attacks
by Goll, Irene & Rasheed, Abdul A.
- 1-37 Pro-Business Local Governance and (Local) Business Associations: The Case of Gaziantep
by Bayirbag, Mustafa K.
- 1-41 US and European Public Procurement Policies for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SME): A Comparative Perspective
by Kidalov, Max V. & Snider, Keith F.
October 2011, Volume 13, Issue 03
- 1-4 U.S. Domestic Politics and International Political Economy: An Introduction to the Special Issue
by Thurston, Chloe & Bowen, Kathryn
- 1-23 U.S.-China Exchange Rate Negotiation: Stakeholders' Participation and Strategy Deployment
by Cao, Emily Yixuan & Cao, Yong & Prasad, Rashmi & Shen, Zhengping
- 1-29 Insuring Free Trade: Unemployment Insurance and Trade Policy
by Kono, Daniel Y.
- 1-29 From Foe to Friend? Business, the Tipping Point and U.S. Climate Politics
by Vormedal, Irja
- 1-30 Determinants of Access to Legislative and Executive Branch Officials: Business Firms and Trade Policymaking in the U.S
by Schuler, Douglas A. & Rehbein, Kathleen
- 1-39 The Domestic Political Origins of Global Financial Standards: The Agrarian Roots of American Securities Regulations
by Carney, Richard
August 2011, Volume 13, Issue 02
- 1-27 As the World Bank Turns: Determinants of IDA Lending in the Cold War and After
by Morrison, Kevin M.
- 1-29 China's Changing Guanxi Capitalism: Private Entrepreneurs between Leninist Control and Relentless Accumulation
by McNally, Christopher A.
- 1-30 Executive Pay Regulation: What Regulators, Shareholders, and Managers Can Learn from Major Sports Leagues
by Dietl, Helmut M. & Duschl, Tobias & Lang, Markus
- 1-31 Explaining Regulatory Preferences: CSR, Soft Law, or Hard Law? Insights from a Survey of Nordic Pioneers in CSR
by Gjølberg, Maria
- 1-44 The Politics of Ambiguity in Asia's Sovereign Wealth Funds
by Pekkanen, Saadia M. & Tsai, Kellee S.
- 1-46 The Economics and Politics of Corporate Social Performance
by Baron, David P. & Agus Harjoto, Maretno & Jo, Hoje
April 2011, Volume 13, Issue 01
- 1-22 Abnormal Returns From the Common Stock Investments of Members of the U.S. House of Representatives
by Ziobrowski, Alan J. & Boyd, James W. & Cheng, Ping & Ziobrowski, Brigitte J.
- 1-24 Ecology, Economy and Empowerment: Eco-Tourism and the Game Lodge Industry in South Africa
by Koelble, Thomas A.
- 1-31 Does State Ownership Matter? Institutions' Effect on Foreign Direct Investment Revisited
by Knutsen, Carl Henrik & Rygh, Asmund & Hveem, Helge
- 1-37 Corporate Independent Spending in the Post-BCRA to Pre-Citizens United Era
by Clark Muntean, Susan
December 2010, Volume 12, Issue 04
- 1-22 CSR as a Political Arena: The Struggle for a European Framework
by Ungericht, Bernhard & Hirt, Christian
- 1-24 Policy Agendas, Party Control, and PAC Contributions in the American States
by Kirkland, Justin H. & Gray, Virginia & Lowery, David
- 1-27 Growth Alliances: Insights from Egypt
by Abdel-Latif, Abla & Schmitz, Hubert
- 1-30 The Impact of Regional Trade Integration on Firm Organization and Strategy: British American Tobacco in the Andean Pact
by Holden, Chris & Lee, Kelley & Fooks, Gary Jonas & Wander, Nathaniel
October 2010, Volume 12, Issue 03
- 1-1 Private Regulation in the Global Economy: Guest Editor's Note
by Büthe, Tim
- 1-24 Global Private Politics: A Research Agenda
by Büthe, Tim
- 1-25 Regulation and Economic Globalization: Prospects and Limits of Private Governance
by Mayer, Frederick & Gereffi, Gary
- 1-27 Private-Public Interaction in Global Governance: The Case of Transnational Commercial Arbitration
by Whytock, Christopher A.
- 1-34 The Causes and Consequences of Private Food Governance
by Fuchs, Doris & Kalfagianni, Agni
- 1-34 Transnational Private Regulation in Practice: The Limits of Forest and Labor Standards Certification in Indonesia
by Bartley, Tim
- 1-35 The Search for Credible Information in Social and Environmental Global Governance: The Kosher Label
by Starobin, Shana & Weinthal, Erika
- 1-37 Private Standards in the Climate Regime: The Greenhouse Gas Protocol
by Green, Jessica F.
- 1-38 Private Regulation in the Global Economy: A (P)Review
by Büthe, Tim
- 1-39 Can Technological Innovations Improve Private Regulation in the Global Economy?
by Auld, Graeme & Cashore, Benjamin & Balboa, Cristina & Bozzi, Laura & Renckens, Stefan
- 1-40 Private Regulation and Legal Integration: The European Example
by Cafaggi, Fabrizio & Janczuk, Agnieszka
- 1-62 Engineering Uncontestedness? The Origins and Institutional Development of the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC)
by Büthe, Tim
August 2010, Volume 12, Issue 02
- 1-17 Real Exchange Rates and Trade Protectionism
by Oatley, Thomas
- 1-18 Human Rights and Economic Liberalization
by Carden, Art & Lawson, Robert A.
- 1-21 The Effects of Interest Groups' Ideology on Their PAC and Lobbying Expenditures
by McKay, Amy
- 1-28 Divested Interests: Globalization and the New Politics of Exchange Rates
by Cleeland Knight, Sarah
April 2010, Volume 12, Issue 01
- 1-15 On the Use of FTAs by Japanese Firms: Further Evidence
by Takahashi, Katsuhide & Urata, Shujiro
- 1-22 Who Supports Compensation? Individual Preferences for Trade-Related Unemployment Insurance
by Ehrlich, Sean D.
- 1-37 Theorizing Transnational Corporations as Social Actors: An Analysis of Corporate Motivations
by Brown, Dana L. & Vetterlein, Antje & Roemer-Mahler, Anne
- 1-38 Captured by Business? Romanian Market Governance and the New Economic Elite
by Young, Patricia T.
- 1-39 Local Political Elite, Partial Reform Symptoms, and the Business and Market Environment in Rural China
by Zhang, Qi & Liu, Mingxing
December 2009, Volume 11, Issue 04
- 1-26 Politically-Embedded Cronyism: The Case of Post-Liberalization Egypt
by Adly, Amr Ismail
- 1-31 Business as International Politics: Drawing Insights from Nation-State to Inter-Firm Alliances
by Shenkar, Oded & Arikan, Ilgaz
- 1-32 The Firm as an Inspector: Private Ordering and Political Rules
by Heritier, Adrienne & Mueller-Debus, Anna K. & Thauer, Christian R.
- 1-38 Networks of Coordination: Swiss Business Associations as an Intermediary between Business, Politics and Administration during the 20th Century
by David, Thomas & Ginalski, Stéphanie & Mach, André & Rebmann, Frédéric
October 2009, Volume 11, Issue 03
- 1-21 Reluctance to Lead: U.S. Trade Policy in Flux
by Aggarwal, Vinod
- 1-22 America, Europe, and the New Trade Order
by Schott, Jeffrey J.
- 1-23 The Decline of Global Economic Governance and the Role of the Transatlantic Powers
by Dieter, Heribert
- 1-23 Why a Marketplace Must Not Discriminate
by Langhammer, Rolf J.
- 1-26 What Can Be Learned From Crisis-Era Protectionism? An Initial Assessment
by Evenett, Simon J.
- 1-29 Not Just a “Second Order” Problem in a Wider Economic Crisis: Systemic Challenges for the Global Trading System
by Higgott, Richard
August 2009, Volume 11, Issue 02
- 1-16 Walmart and Values: Painting the Town Red?
by Carden, Art & Courtemanche, Charles & Meiners, Jeremy
- 1-21 Innovation in the Indian Semiconductor Industry: The Challenge of Sectoral Deepening
by Keller, William W. & Pauly, Louis W.
- 1-25 Reforming Defense Procurement: Lessons from France
by Kapstein, Ethan B. & Oudot, Jean-Michel
- 1-26 Multilateralism and the Multinational Enterprise
by Lawton, Thomas C. & Lindeque, Johan P. & McGuire, Steven M.
- 1-31 Globalization and the Welfare State in Developing Countries
by Yoon, Jungkeun
April 2009, Volume 11, Issue 01
- 1-19 Campaigning as an Industry: Consulting Business Models and Intra-Party Competition
by Grossmann, Matt
- 1-21 When Do Firms Prefer Individual Action to Collective Action in The Pursuit of Corporate Political Strategy? A New Perspective on Industry Concentration
by Ozer, Mine & Lee, Seung-Hyun
- 1-22 Self-Regulation by Associations: Collective Action Problems in European Environmental Regulation
by Héritier, Adrienne & Eckert, Sandra
- 1-36 Domestic Economic Policies, Political Institutions, and Transnational Portfolio Investments
by Cao, Xun
December 2008, Volume 10, Issue 03
- 1-20 Central Bank Independence, Disinflations and Monetary Policy
by Down, Ian
- 1-23 Futility and Free-Riding: Corporate Political Participation and Taxation Rates in the United States
by Drope, Jeffrey M. & Hansen, Wendy L.
- 1-31 Do Neoliberal Economic Policies Kill or Save Lives?
by Gerring, John & Thacker, Strom C.
- 1-40 Youth Bulges, Busts, and Doing Business in Violence-Prone Nations
by Marcus, Alfred A. & Islam, Mazhar & Moloney, John
August 2008, Volume 10, Issue 02
- 1-14 Friedman's Follies: Insights on the Globalization/Regionalization Debate
by Rugman, Alan & Oh, Chang H.
- 1-19 Does Public Opinion Affect Trade Policy?
by Kono, Daniel Y.
- 1-23 Corporate Lobbying Revisited
by Kim, Jin-Hyuk
- 1-33 Market Democracy Unleashed? Business Elites and the Crisis of Competitive Authoritarianism in Ukraine
by Gould, John A. & Hetman, Yaroslav
April 2008, Volume 10, Issue 01
- 1-24 Signaling Costs: Why Don't More Firms Petition for Protection?
by Malhotra, Nisha
- 1-26 Trade Associations as Industry Reputation Agents: A Model of Reputational Trust
by Tucker, Andrew
- 1-29 Risk Management in China's State Banks - International Best Practice and the Political Economy of Regulation
by Brehm, Stefan
- 1-63 Transaction Cost Economics: An Assessment of Empirical Research in the Social Sciences
by Macher, Jeffrey T. & Richman, Barak D.
December 2007, Volume 9, Issue 03
- 1-17 The Power of Business
by Fuchs, Doris & Lederer, Markus ML
- 1-20 The Power of Socialization: Engaging the Diamond Industry in the Kimberley Process
by Kantz, Carola
- 1-20 The Other Side of the Coin: Conceptualizing the Relationship between Business and the State in the Age of Globalisation
by Bieling, Hans-Jürgen
- 1-25 The Power of Transnational Private Governance: Financialization and the IASB
by Nölke, Andreas & Perry, James
- 1-27 Leveraging Green Power: Environmental Rules for Project Finance
by Schaper, Marcus