Contact information of Cambridge University Press
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:buspol. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_BAP .
September 2018, Volume 20, Issue 03
- 331-359 SME resource acquisition in transition economies: power dependence and induced bribery
by Wang, Karen Yuan & Clegg, Stewart R.
- 360-389 Sovereign credit and political survival in democracies
by DiGiuseppe, Matthew & Shea, Patrick E.
- 390-409 Private banking and crony capitalism in Egypt
by Diwan, Ishac & Schiffbauer, Marc
- 410-437 Regional competition, business politicians, and subnational fiscal policy
by Baccini, Leonardo & Li, Quan & Mirkina, Irina & Johnson, Kristina
- 438-464 Pursuing foreign investment for nationalist goals: Venezuela's hybrid resource nationalism
by Rosales, Antulio
- 465-465 Private banking and crony capitalism in Egypt—CORRIGENDUM
by Diwan, Ishac & Schiffbauer, Marc
June 2018, Volume 20, Issue 02
- 165-207 The structure of business preferences and Eurozone crisis policies
by Albertos, José Fernández & Kuo, Alexander
- 208-238 The systemic causes of financial crises in the long nineteenth century
by Ba, Heather
- 239-272 Rent-seeking and firm value: Chinese evidence
by Li, Sihai & Wu, Huiying & Jiang, Xinfeng
- 273-300 Stakeholder scrutiny, urban bias, and the private provision of public goods
by Chrun, Elizabeth & Berliner, Daniel & Prakash, Aseem
- 301-328 Regulatory interpretation: regulators, regulated parties, and the courts
by Randolph, Gregory M. & Fetzner, James P.
- 329-329 The strange case of pluralist lobbying in a corporatist setting: Defending Western business interests in China—ADDENDUM
by Weil, Stefanie
March 2018, Volume 20, Issue 01
- 1-37 Corporate Power Beyond the Political Arena: The case of the ‘Big Three’ and CAFE Standards
by Hathaway, Terry
- 38-69 The dissuasive effect of U.S. political influence on Chinese FDI during the “Going Global” policy era
by Duanmu, Jing-Lin & Urdinez, Francisco
- 70-97 The strange case of pluralist lobbying in a corporatist setting: Defending Western business interests in China
by Weil, Stefanie
- 98-131 Corporate politicking, together: trade association ties, lobbying, and campaign giving
by Kowal, Michael S.
- 132-164 Influencing trade policy in a multi-level system—understanding corporate political activity in the context of global value chains and regime complexity
by Curran, Louise & Eckhardt, Jappe
December 2017, Volume 19, Issue 04
- 549-572 The Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership: Limits on negotiating behind the border barriers
by Aggarwal, Vinod K. & Evenett, Simon J.
- 573-592 From great power politics to a strategic vacuum: Origins and consequences of the TPP and TTIP
by Griffith, Melissa K. & Steinberg, Richard H. & Zysman, John
- 593-620 Resisting behind the border talks in TTIP: The cases of GMOs and data privacy
by Aggarwal, Vinod K. & Evenett, Simon J.
- 621-658 Transatlantic convergence of preferential trade agreements environmental clauses
by Morin, Jean-Frédéric & Rochette, Myriam
- 659-682 The Transatlantic Partnership Agreement: an American perspective
by Barfield, Claude
- 683-708 The puzzle of public opposition to TTIP in Germany
by Chan, Alexsia T. & Crawford, Beverly K.
- 709-737 TTIP negotiations, policy convergence, and the transatlantic digital economy
by Le Roux, Gaël
- 738-757 Power in international trade politics: is ISDS a solution in search of a problem?
by Reddie, Andrew
September 2017, Volume 19, Issue 03
- 397-423 Data, development, and growth
by Weber, Steven
- 424-453 “And we would have the field”: U.S. Steel and American trade policy, 1908–1912
by Brawley, Mark R.
- 454-481 “Dark Money” and “Dirty Politics”: Are anonymous ads more negative?
by Chand, Daniel E.
- 482-509 Public and private goods in the development of additive manufacturing capacity
by Samford, Steven & Warrian, Peter & Goracinova, Elena
- 510-547 CSR public policies in India's democracy: ambiguities in the political regulation of corporate conduct
by Krichewsky, Damien
June 2017, Volume 19, Issue 02
- 167-190 Re-conceptualizing the political economy of finance in the post-crisis era
by Selmier, W. Travis & Winecoff, W. Kindred
- 191-214 Club goods, intellectual property rights, and profitability in the information economy
by Schwartz, Herman Mark
- 215-240 An institutional perspective on governance, power, and politics of financial risk
by Selmier, W. Travis
- 241-266 Regulatory power, post-crisis transatlantic disputes, and the network structure of the financial industry
by Quaglia, Lucia
- 267-297 Global finance as a politicized habitat
by Winecoff, William Kindred
- 298-326 Hidden power of the Big Three? Passive index funds, re-concentration of corporate ownership, and new financial risk
by Fichtner, Jan & Heemskerk, Eelke M. & Garcia-Bernardo, Javier
- 327-364 Beyond the revolving door: Advocacy behavior and social distance to financial regulators
by Young, Kevin L. & Marple, Tim & Heilman, James
- 365-395 Polycentric banking and macroeconomic stability
by Salter, Alexander William & Tarko, Vlad
March 2017, Volume 19, Issue 01
December 2016, Volume 18, Issue 04
October 2016, Volume 18, Issue 03
August 2016, Volume 18, Issue 02
April 2016, Volume 18, Issue 01
December 2015, Volume 17, Issue 04
October 2015, Volume 17, Issue 03
- 391-409 Structural power and political science in the post-crisis era
by Culpepper, Pepper D.
- 411-441 Structural power in comparative political economy: perspectives from policy formulation in Latin America
by Fairfield, Tasha
- 443-472 Not by structure alone: power, prominence, and agency in American finance
by Young, Kevin
- 473-493 The long arm of justice: U.S. structural power and international banking
by Emmenegger, Patrick
- 495-525 Structural power and the global financial crisis: a network analytical approach
by Winecoff, William Kindred
- 527-552 Structuring power: business and authority beyond the nation state
by Farrell, Henry & Newman, Abraham L.
- 553-576 The multinational firm and geopolitics: Europe, Russian energy, and power
by Abdelal, Rawi
- 577-601 The structural power of business: taking structure, agency and ideas seriously
by Marsh, David & Akram, Sadiya & Birkett, Holly
August 2015, Volume 17, Issue 02
- 177-219 Signaling the credibility of private actors as public agents: transparency, independence, and expertise in environmental evaluations of products and companies
by Bullock, Graham
- 221-251 Public policies in a regulated entrepreneurial setting
by Marcus, Alfred A. & Cohen, Susan K.
- 253-289 Industry associations, health innovation systems and politics of development: the cases of India and South Africa
by Papaioannou, Theo & Watkins, Andrew & Kale, Dinar & Mugwagwa, Julius
- 291-326 Competitor entry impact on jobs and wages in incumbent firms: retrospective evidence from a natural experiment
by Majumdar, Sumit K.
- 327-354 Financial structures, firms, and the welfare states in South Korea and Singapore
by Lim, Sijeong
- 355-390 Stakeholder pressures on corporate climate change-related accountability and disclosures: Australian evidence
by Haque, Shamima & Islam, Muhammad Azizul
April 2015, Volume 17, Issue 01
- 1-40 Unionization and the partisan effect on income inequality
by Castater, Eric Graig
- 41-73 Political connectedness and business performance: evidence from Turkish industry rankings
by Özcan, Gül Berna & Gündüz, Umut
- 75-96 Social influence, competition and the act of lobbying
by Kanol, Direnç
- 97-123 Politically connected polluters under smog
by Wang, Yuhua
- 125-159 Technological innovation, globalization, and varieties of capitalism: the case of Siemens AG as example for contingent institutional adaptation
by Fritsch, Stefan
- 161-175 Reflections on a “Heavenly Chorus [that] Sings with a Strong [Male] Upper Class Accent”
by Suárez, Sandra L.
December 2014, Volume 16, Issue 04
October 2014, Volume 16, Issue 03
August 2014, Volume 16, Issue 02
- 221-246 Lobbying and the collective action problem: comparative evidence from enterprise surveys
by Barber, Benjamin & Pierskalla, Jan & Weschle, Simon
- 247-266 Interests need not be pursued if they can be created: private governance in African gold mining
by Elbra, Ainsley D.
- 267-289 All politics is local, but lobbying is federal and local: the validity of LDA data
by Clemens, Austin C.
- 291-312 Antitrust enforcement by state attorneys general: institutional, legal and political considerations
by Dove, John A.
- 313-338 Trade, societal interests, and political parties
by Hwang, Wonjae & Down, Ian
- 339-372 A network view of MNC embeddedness in a politically uncertain market: the case of Turkey
by Alimadadi, Siavash & Pahlberg, Cecilia
April 2014, Volume 16, Issue 01
- 1-30 The politics of small business organization, partisanship and institutionalization: similarities in the contrasting cases of Japan and the US
by Babb, James
- 31-63 Socializing the C-suite: why some big-box retailers are “greener” than others
by van der Ven, Hamish
- 65-65 From the Editor's Desk
by Aggarwal, Vinod & Rocco, Philip
- 67-77 Introduction: multiplicity and plurality in the world of standards
by Djelic, Marie Laure & den Hond, Frank
- 79-112 The impact of meta-standardization upon standards convergence: the case of the international accounting standard for off-balance-sheet financing
by Thiemann, Matthias
- 113-150 Beyond the transatlantic divide: the multiple authorities of standards in the global political economy of services
by Graz, Jean-Christophe & Hauert, Christophe
- 151-189 Explaining variation in the multiplicity of private social and environmental regulation: a multi-case integration across the coffee, forestry and textile sectors
by Turcotte, Marie-France & Reinecke, Juliane & den Hond, Frank
- 191-219 Who defines “local”? Resistance to harmonizing standards in ethical markets
by McCaffrey, Sara Jane & Kurland, Nancy
December 2013, Volume 15, Issue 04
- 435-466 Institutional innovation and investment in Taiwan: the micro-foundations of the developmental state
by Haggard, Stephan & Zheng, Yu
- 467-491 Innovation in Tow: R&D FDI and investment incentives
by Wellhausen, Rachel L.
- 493-527 The political activities of American corporate leaders
by Nownes, Anthony J. & Aitalieva, Nurgul R.
- 529-551 Trade controls and non-proliferation: compliance costs, drivers and challenges
by Salisbury, Daniel
- 553-559 Comment on Gordon L. Clark and Ashby Monk, “Modernity, Imitation, and Performance: Sovereign Funds in the Gulf,” Business and Politics 14 (1, 2012): 1–22
by Moore, Pete W.
- 561-565 What is modern about sovereign wealth funds? A reply to Pete Moore
by Clark, Gordon L. & Dixon, Adam D. & Monk, Ashby H.B.
October 2013, Volume 15, Issue 03
- 275-293 Asset freezing, corporate political resources and the Tullock paradox
by Bonardi, Jean-Philippe & Urbiztondo, Santiago
- 295-321 The Saudi monarchy and economic familism in an era of business environment reforms
by Mazaheri, Nimah
- 323-356 Linkage politics and the persistence of national policy autonomy in emerging powers: patents, profits, and patients in the context of TRIPS compliance
by Olsen, Tricia D. & Sinha, Aseema
- 357-379 The network of global corporate control: implications for public policy
by Compston, Hugh
- 381-399 Management consultants and the United States’ public sector
by Momani, Bessma
- 401-433 Keeping score on congress: explaining variations in interest group ratings of US senators
by Chand, Daniel E. & Schreckhise, William D.
August 2013, Volume 15, Issue 02
- 137-162 Driving support: workers, PACs, and congressional support of the auto industry
by Moore, Ryan T. & Powell, Eleanor Neff & Reeves, Andrew
- 163-186 Building institutional capacity: from pervasive individualism to sustained coordination in small firm sectors
by Evans, Ana Maria
- 187-215 Partisan policy promises and sector-specific stock-market performance: evidence from Mexico's 2006 presidential campaign
by Benton, Allyson Lucinda
- 217-243 What a difference a state makes: pharmaceutical innovation after the TRIPs agreement
by Schüren, Verena
- 245-274 Government-business alliances in state capitalist economies: evidence from low-income markets in China
by Kostka, Genia & Zhou, Jianghua
April 2013, Volume 15, Issue 01
- 1-32 R&D in the periphery? Foreign direct investment, innovation, and institutional quality in developing countries
by Egan, Patrick J.W.
- 33-61 Economic change and the supply of interest representation in the American States
by Lowery, David & Gray, Virginia & Cluverius, John
- 63-85 Corporate citizens and the UN Global Compact: explaining cross-national variations in turnout
by Bernhagen, Patrick & Mitchell, Neil J. & Thissen-Smits, Marianne
- 87-116 Business advocacy in Asian PTAs: a model of selective corporate lobbying with evidence from Japan
by Solís, Mireya
- 117-136 Analyzing political risks in developing countries: a practical framework for project managers
by Jha, Saumitra
December 2012, Volume 14, Issue 04
October 2012, Volume 14, Issue 03
- 1-10 Corporate responsibility, multinational corporations, and nation states: An introduction
by Prakash, Aseem & Griffin, Jennifer J.
- 1-21 Has globalization eroded firms’ responsibility for their employees? A sociological analysis of transnational firms’ corporate social responsibility policies concerning their employees in the Netherlands, 1980–2010
by Quak, Sander & Heilbron, Johan & van der Veen, Romke
- 1-24 A club theory approach to voluntary social programs: Multinational companies and the extractive industries transparency initiative
by Schuler, Douglas A.
- 1-27 Business as usual? An exploration of the determinants of success in the multinational transfer of corporate responsibility initiatives
by Barnett, Michael L. & Lee, Sunyoung
- 1-29 Managing corporate responsibility globally and locally: Lessons from a CR leader
by Brown, Dana & Knudsen, Jette Steen
- 1-30 International strategy for the nonmarket context: stakeholders, issues, networks, and geography
by Lucea, Rafael & Doh, Jonathan
- 1-31 Bargaining for corporate responsibility: The global and the local of framework agreements in the USA
by Fichter, Michael & Stevis, Dimitris & Helfen, Markus
- 1-34 Does it really take the state?
by Börzel, Tanja A. & Hönke, Jana & Thauer, Christian R.
- 1-42 Multi-level corporate responsibility and the mining sector: Learning from the Canadian experience in Latin America
by Webb, Kernaghan
August 2012, Volume 14, Issue 02
April 2012, Volume 14, Issue 01
- 1-22 Modernity, Imitation, and Performance: Sovereign Funds in the Gulf
by Clark, Gordon L. & Monk, Ashby
- 1-24 Coalitions within the Egyptian Banking Sector: Catalysts of the Popular Revolution
by Abdel-Baki, Monal A.
- 1-35 Influence without Organizations: State-Business Relations and their Impact on Business Environments in Contemporary Africa
by Taylor, Scott D.
- 1-38 Corporate Political Donations: Investment or Agency?
by Aggarwal, Rajesh K. & Meschke, Felix & Wang, Tracy Yue
- 1-42 Marketing to the Base of the Pyramid: A Corporate Responsibility Approach with Case Inspired Strategies
by Santos, Nicholas J.C. & Laczniak, Gene R.
December 2011, Volume 13, Issue 04
- 1-30 The Binding Dynamics of Non-Binding Governance Arrangements. The Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights and the Cases of BP and Chevron
by Hofferberth, Matthias
- 1-34 Bargaining Model for the International Oil Industry
by Vivoda, Vlado
- 1-34 Neoliberalism as Colonial Embrace: Evaluating Alberta's Regulation of First Nations Gaming, 1993–2010
by Belanger, Yale D. & Williams, Robert J.
- 1-35 Environmental Jolts, Clocks, and Strategic Change in the U.S. Airline Industry: The Effects of Deregulation and the 9/11/2001 Terrorist Attacks
by Goll, Irene & Rasheed, Abdul A.
- 1-37 Pro-Business Local Governance and (Local) Business Associations: The Case of Gaziantep
by Bayirbag, Mustafa K.
- 1-41 US and European Public Procurement Policies for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SME): A Comparative Perspective
by Kidalov, Max V. & Snider, Keith F.
October 2011, Volume 13, Issue 03
- 1-4 U.S. Domestic Politics and International Political Economy: An Introduction to the Special Issue
by Thurston, Chloe & Bowen, Kathryn
- 1-23 U.S.-China Exchange Rate Negotiation: Stakeholders' Participation and Strategy Deployment
by Cao, Emily Yixuan & Cao, Yong & Prasad, Rashmi & Shen, Zhengping
- 1-29 Insuring Free Trade: Unemployment Insurance and Trade Policy
by Kono, Daniel Y.
- 1-29 From Foe to Friend? Business, the Tipping Point and U.S. Climate Politics
by Vormedal, Irja
- 1-30 Determinants of Access to Legislative and Executive Branch Officials: Business Firms and Trade Policymaking in the U.S
by Schuler, Douglas A. & Rehbein, Kathleen
- 1-39 The Domestic Political Origins of Global Financial Standards: The Agrarian Roots of American Securities Regulations
by Carney, Richard
August 2011, Volume 13, Issue 02
- 1-27 As the World Bank Turns: Determinants of IDA Lending in the Cold War and After
by Morrison, Kevin M.
- 1-29 China's Changing Guanxi Capitalism: Private Entrepreneurs between Leninist Control and Relentless Accumulation
by McNally, Christopher A.
- 1-30 Executive Pay Regulation: What Regulators, Shareholders, and Managers Can Learn from Major Sports Leagues
by Dietl, Helmut M. & Duschl, Tobias & Lang, Markus
- 1-31 Explaining Regulatory Preferences: CSR, Soft Law, or Hard Law? Insights from a Survey of Nordic Pioneers in CSR
by Gjølberg, Maria
- 1-44 The Politics of Ambiguity in Asia's Sovereign Wealth Funds
by Pekkanen, Saadia M. & Tsai, Kellee S.
- 1-46 The Economics and Politics of Corporate Social Performance
by Baron, David P. & Agus Harjoto, Maretno & Jo, Hoje
April 2011, Volume 13, Issue 01
- 1-22 Abnormal Returns From the Common Stock Investments of Members of the U.S. House of Representatives
by Ziobrowski, Alan J. & Boyd, James W. & Cheng, Ping & Ziobrowski, Brigitte J.
- 1-24 Ecology, Economy and Empowerment: Eco-Tourism and the Game Lodge Industry in South Africa
by Koelble, Thomas A.
- 1-31 Does State Ownership Matter? Institutions' Effect on Foreign Direct Investment Revisited
by Knutsen, Carl Henrik & Rygh, Asmund & Hveem, Helge
- 1-37 Corporate Independent Spending in the Post-BCRA to Pre-Citizens United Era
by Clark Muntean, Susan
December 2010, Volume 12, Issue 04
- 1-22 CSR as a Political Arena: The Struggle for a European Framework
by Ungericht, Bernhard & Hirt, Christian
- 1-24 Policy Agendas, Party Control, and PAC Contributions in the American States
by Kirkland, Justin H. & Gray, Virginia & Lowery, David
- 1-27 Growth Alliances: Insights from Egypt
by Abdel-Latif, Abla & Schmitz, Hubert
- 1-30 The Impact of Regional Trade Integration on Firm Organization and Strategy: British American Tobacco in the Andean Pact
by Holden, Chris & Lee, Kelley & Fooks, Gary Jonas & Wander, Nathaniel
October 2010, Volume 12, Issue 03
- 1-1 Private Regulation in the Global Economy: Guest Editor's Note
by Büthe, Tim
- 1-24 Global Private Politics: A Research Agenda
by Büthe, Tim
- 1-25 Regulation and Economic Globalization: Prospects and Limits of Private Governance
by Mayer, Frederick & Gereffi, Gary
- 1-27 Private-Public Interaction in Global Governance: The Case of Transnational Commercial Arbitration
by Whytock, Christopher A.
- 1-34 The Causes and Consequences of Private Food Governance
by Fuchs, Doris & Kalfagianni, Agni
- 1-34 Transnational Private Regulation in Practice: The Limits of Forest and Labor Standards Certification in Indonesia
by Bartley, Tim
- 1-35 The Search for Credible Information in Social and Environmental Global Governance: The Kosher Label
by Starobin, Shana & Weinthal, Erika
- 1-37 Private Standards in the Climate Regime: The Greenhouse Gas Protocol
by Green, Jessica F.
- 1-38 Private Regulation in the Global Economy: A (P)Review
by Büthe, Tim
- 1-39 Can Technological Innovations Improve Private Regulation in the Global Economy?
by Auld, Graeme & Cashore, Benjamin & Balboa, Cristina & Bozzi, Laura & Renckens, Stefan
- 1-40 Private Regulation and Legal Integration: The European Example
by Cafaggi, Fabrizio & Janczuk, Agnieszka
- 1-62 Engineering Uncontestedness? The Origins and Institutional Development of the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC)
by Büthe, Tim
August 2010, Volume 12, Issue 02
April 2010, Volume 12, Issue 01