Deregulation and Scale Economies in the U.S. Trucking Industry: An Econometric Extension of the Survivor Principle
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- H. E. Frech, 2002.
"Corporate Demography and Empirical Industrial Organization: A Critical Appraisal,"
International Journal of the Economics of Business,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 437-448.
- Frech, Ted, 2002. "Corporate Demography and Empirical Industrial Organization: A Critical Appraisal," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt451647b2, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- James N. Giordano, 2008. "Economies of scale after deregulation in LTL trucking: a test case for the survivor technique," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(4), pages 357-370.
- Scott, Alex, 2015. "The value of information sharing for truckload shippers," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 203-214.
- Kevin E. Henrickson & Wesley W. Wilson, 2008. "Compensation, Unionization, and Deregulation in the Motor Carrier Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(1), pages 153-177, February.
- Tsubota, Kenmei, 2015. "Agglomeration and directional imbalance of freight rates : the role of density economies in the transport sector," IDE Discussion Papers 488, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Alberto Fernández & Benito Arruñada & Manuel González, 1998. "Quasi-integration in less-than-truckload trucking," Economics Working Papers 292, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jul 2002.
- Abate, Megersa, 2014. "Does fuel price affect trucking industry’s network characteristics?: evidence from Denmark," Working papers in Transport Economics 2014:26, CTS - Centre for Transport Studies Stockholm (KTH and VTI).
- Given, Ruth S., 1996. "Economies of scale and scope as an explanation of merger and output diversification activities in the health maintenance organization industry," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 685-713, December.
- Timothy J. Yeager, 2004. "Economies of integration in banking: an application of the survivor principle," Supervisory Policy Analysis Working Papers 2004-04, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlawec:v:32:y:1989:i:2:p:229-53. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.