Does fuel price affect trucking industry’s network characteristics?: evidence from Denmark
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lutz Kilian & Cheolbeom Park, 2009.
"The Impact Of Oil Price Shocks On The U.S. Stock Market,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 50(4), pages 1267-1287, November.
- Kilian, Lutz & Park, Cheolbeom, 2007. "The Impact of Oil Price Shocks on the U.S. Stock Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 6166, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Megersa Abate, 2014. "Determinants of Capacity Utilisation in Road Freight Transportation," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 48(1), pages 137-152, January.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- John S. Ying & Theodore E. Keeler, 1991.
"Pricing in a Deregulated Environment: The Motor Carrier Experience,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 22(2), pages 264-273, Summer.
- Ying, John S. & Keeler, Theodore E., 1989. "Pricing in a Deregulated Environment: The Motor Carrier Experience," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt7nt863pd, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Greene, David L., 1984. "A derived demand model of regional highway diesel fuel use," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 43-61, February.
- Kamakaté, Fatumata & Schipper, Lee, 2009. "Trends in truck freight energy use and carbon emissions in selected OECD countries from 1973 to 2005," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 3743-3751, October.
- Ghazala Azmat & Alan Manning & John Van Reenen, 2012. "Privatization and the Decline of Labour's Share: International Evidence from Network Industries," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 79(315), pages 470-492, July.
- Gagne, Robert, 1990. "On the Relevant Elasticity Estimates for Cost Structure Analyses of the Trucking Industry," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(1), pages 160-164, February.
- Christopher R. Knittel, 2012.
"Reducing Petroleum Consumption from Transportation,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 26(1), pages 93-118, Winter.
- Christopher R. Knittel, 2012. "Reducing Petroleum Consumption from Transportation," NBER Working Papers 17724, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shanjun Li & Joshua Linn & Erich Muehlegger, 2014.
"Gasoline Taxes and Consumer Behavior,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy,
American Economic Association, vol. 6(4), pages 302-342, November.
- Li, Shanjun & Linn, Joshua & Muehlegger, Erich, 2012. "Gasoline Taxes and Consumer Behavior," Working Paper Series rwp12-006, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Li, Shanjun & Linn, joshua & Muehlegger, Erich J., 2012. "Gasoline Taxes and Consumer Behavior," Scholarly Articles 8506866, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Shanjun Li & Joshua Linn & Erich Muehlegger, 2012. "Gasoline Taxes and Consumer Behavior," NBER Working Papers 17891, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wang Chiang, S Judy & Friedlaender, Ann F, 1984. "Output Aggregation, Network Effects, and the Measurement of Trucking Technology," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(2), pages 267-276, May.
- Mabit, Stefan L., 2014. "Vehicle type choice under the influence of a tax reform and rising fuel prices," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 32-42.
- Lutz Kilian & Logan T. Lewis, 2011. "Does the Fed Respond to Oil Price Shocks?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 121(555), pages 1047-1072, September.
- Deaton, Angus, 1985. "Panel data from time series of cross-sections," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 109-126.
- Kai Carstensen & Steffen Elstner & Georg Paula, 2013.
"How Much Did Oil Market Developments Contribute to the 2009 Recession in Germany?,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 115(3), pages 695-721, July.
- Carstensen, Kai & Elstner, Steffen & Paula, Georg, 2013. "How much did oil market developments contribute to the 2009 recession in Germany?," Munich Reprints in Economics 19935, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Zia Wadud & Daniel J. Graham & Robert B. Noland, 2010. "Gasoline Demand with Heterogeneity in Household Responses," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 47-74.
- Lutz Kilian & Bruce Hicks, 2013.
"Did Unexpectedly Strong Economic Growth Cause the Oil Price Shock of 2003–2008?,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(5), pages 385-394, August.
- Hicks, Bruce & Kilian, Lutz, 2009. "Did Unexpectedly Strong Economic Growth Cause the Oil Price Shock of 2003-2008?," CEPR Discussion Papers 7265, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Theodore E. Keeler., 1989. "Deregulation and Scale Economies in the U. S. Trucking Industry: An Econometric Extension of the Survivor Principle," Economics Working Papers 89-100, University of California at Berkeley.
- De Borger, Bruno & Mulalic, Ismir, 2012. "The determinants of fuel use in the trucking industry—volume, fleet characteristics and the rebound effect," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 284-295.
- Korhonen, Iikka & Ledyaeva, Svetlana, 2010.
"Trade linkages and macroeconomic effects of the price of oil,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 848-856, July.
- Korhonen, Iikka & Ledyaeva, Svetlana, 2008. "Trade linkages and macroeconomic effects of the price of oil," BOFIT Discussion Papers 16/2008, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Clerides, Sofronis & Zachariadis, Theodoros, 2008. "The effect of standards and fuel prices on automobile fuel economy: An international analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2657-2672, September.
- Thomas N. Hubbard, 2003. "Information, Decisions, and Productivity: On-Board Computers and Capacity Utilization in Trucking," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1328-1353, September.
- Liimatainen, Heikki & Stenholm, Pekka & Tapio, Petri & McKinnon, Alan, 2012. "Energy efficiency practices among road freight hauliers," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 833-842.
- Keeler, Theodore E, 1989. "Deregulation and Scale Economies in the U.S. Trucking Industry: An Econometric Extension of the Survivor Principle," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(2), pages 229-253, October.
- Burke, Paul J. & Nishitateno, Shuhei, 2013.
"Gasoline prices, gasoline consumption, and new-vehicle fuel economy: Evidence for a large sample of countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 363-370.
- Paul J. Burke & Shuhei Nishitateno, 2011. "Gasoline prices, gasoline consumption, and new-vehicle fuel economy: Evidence for a large sample of countries," Departmental Working Papers 2011-15, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Figliozzi, Miguel Andres, 2007. "Analysis of the efficiency of urban commercial vehicle tours: Data collection, methodology, and policy implications," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 41(9), pages 1014-1032, November.
- Kenneth D. Boyer & Stephen V. Burks, 2009. "Stuck in the Slow Lane: Undoing Traffic Composition Biases in the Measurement of Trucking Productivity," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 1220-1237, April.
- Klier, Thomas & Linn, Joshua, 2013. "Fuel prices and new vehicle fuel economy—Comparing the United States and Western Europe," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 280-300.
- Friedlaender, Ann F & Spady, Richard H, 1980. "A Derived Demand Function for Freight Transportation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(3), pages 432-441, August.
More about this item
KeywordsFuel Price; Networks; Trucking industry; Capacity utilization;
- L92 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Railroads and Other Surface Transportation
- Q41 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
- R40 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-01-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-ALL-2015-01-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2015-01-03 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-TRE-2015-01-03 (Transport Economics)
- NEP-URE-2015-01-03 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:ctswps:2014_026. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CTS). General contact details of provider: http://www.cts.kth.se/ .