Are marketing intermediaries exploiting mountain farmers in Nepal? A study based on market price, marketing margin and income distribution analyses
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bingen, Jim & Serrano, Alex & Howard, Julie, 2003. "Linking farmers to markets: different approaches to human capital development," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 405-419, August.
- Lyon, Fergus, 2000. "Trust, Networks and Norms: The Creation of Social Capital in Agricultural Economies in Ghana," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 663-681, April.
- Joe Dewbre & Jesús Antón & Wyatt Thompton, 2001. "The Transfer Efficiency and Trade Effects of Direct Payments," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1204-1214.
- Joost M.E. Pennings & Raymond M. Leuthold, 2000. "The Role of Farmers' Behavioral Attitudes and Heterogeneity in Futures Contracts Usage," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(4), pages 908-919.
- Poole, Nigel D. & Del Campo Gomis, Francisco J. & Julia Igual, Juan F. & Vidal Gimenez, Fernando, 1998. "Formal contracts in fresh produce markets," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 131-142, April.
- Murat Isik, 2002. "Resource Management under Production and Output Price Uncertainty: Implications for Environmental Policy," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(3), pages 557-571.
- Fuentes, Gabriel A., 1998. "Middlemen and agents in the procurement of paddy: Institutional arrangements from the rural Philippines," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 307-331.
- Dorward, Andrew & Kydd, Jonathan & Morrison, Jamie & Urey, Ian, 2004. "A Policy Agenda for Pro-Poor Agricultural Growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 73-89, January.
- Nigel Key & Elisabeth Sadoulet & Alain De Janvry, 2000. "Transactions Costs and Agricultural Household Supply Response," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(2), pages 245-259.
- Ellis, Frank & Senanayake, Piyadasa & Smith, Marisol, 1997. "Food price policy in Sri Lanka," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 81-96, February.
- Lantican, Josefina M., 1997. "Market Prospects for Upland Crops in the Philippines," Working Papers 32708, United Nations Centre for Alleviation of Poverty Through Secondary Crops' Development in Asia and the Pacific (CAPSA).
- Gunawan, Memed, 1997. "Market Prospects for Upland Crops in Indonesia," Working Papers 32674, United Nations Centre for Alleviation of Poverty Through Secondary Crops' Development in Asia and the Pacific (CAPSA).
- Reusse, E., 1987. "Liberalization and agricultural marketing : Recent causes and effects in third world economies," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 299-317, November.
- Christine A. Ervin & David E. Ervin, 1982. "Factors Affecting the Use of Soil Conservation Practices: Hypotheses, Evidence, and Policy Implications," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 58(3), pages 277-292.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lefèvre, Mélanie & Tharakan, Joe, 2011.
"Intermediaries, transport costs and interlinked transactions,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8615, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- LEFÈVRE, Mélanie & THARAKAN, Joe & ,, 2013. "Intermediaries, transport costs and interlinked transactions," CORE Discussion Papers 2013055, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Chalise, Sudarshan & Naranpanawa, Athula & Bandara, Jayatilleke S. & Sarker, Tapan, 2017. "A general equilibrium assessment of climate change–induced loss of agricultural productivity in Nepal," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 43-50.
- Huang, Jikun & Wu, Yunhua & Yang, Zhijian & Rozelle, Scott & Fabiosa, Jacinto & Dong, Fengxia, 2012. "Marketing China's milk: A case study of the sales activity of dairy farmers in greater Beijing," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 675-689.
- Kopp, Thomas & Bümmer, Bernhard, 2015. "Moving rubber to a better place - and extracting rents from credit constrained farmers along the way," EFForTS Discussion Paper Series 9, University of Goettingen, Collaborative Research Centre 990 "EFForTS, Ecological and Socioeconomic Functions of Tropical Lowland Rainforest Transformation Systems (Sumatra, Indonesia)".
- repec:ags:phajad:199096 is not listed on IDEAS
- Raut, Nani & Sitaula, Bishal Kumar & Bajracharya, Roshan Man, 1. "A Discourse on Agricultural Intensification in the Mid-Hills of Nepal," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 8(1).
- Xhoxhi, Orjon & Pedersen, Søren Marcus & Lind, Kim Martin & Yazar, Attila, 2014. "The Determinants of Intermediaries’ Power over Farmers’ Margin-Related Activities: Evidence from Adana, Turkey," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 815-827.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:94:y:2007:i:2:p:151-164. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.