Farmers' perception on risks in fruits and vegetables production: an empirical study of Uttar Pradesh
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pingali, Prabhu L., 2001. "Environmental consequences of agricultural commercialization in Asia," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(4), pages 483-502, October.
- Hanson, James C. & Dismukes, Robert & Chambers, William & Greene, Catherine R. & Kremen, Amy, 2003. "Risk And Risk Management In Organic Agriculture: View Of Organic Farmers," Working Papers 28551, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Joshi, P.K. & Gulati, Ashok & Birthal, Pratap S. & Tewari, Laxmi, 2003. "Agriculture diversification in South Asia," MSSD discussion papers 57, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Steven C. Blank & Jeffrey McDonald, 1996.
"Preferences for crop insurance when farmers are diversified,"
Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(6), pages 583-592.
- Blank, Steven C. & McDonald, Jeffrey, 1995. "Preferences for crop insurance when farmers are diversified," WAEA/ WFEA Conference Archive 291738, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Priya Deshingkar & Usha Kulkarni & Laxman Rao & Sreenivas Rao, 2003. "Changing Food Systems in India: Resourcesharing and Marketing Arrangements for Vegetable Production in Andhra Pradesh," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 21(5-6), pages 627-639, December.
- Dina Umali‐Deininger & Mona Sur, 2007. "Food safety in a globalizing world: opportunities and challenges for India," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 37(s1), pages 135-147, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Md. Jahangir Kabir & Mohammad Alauddin & Steven Crimp, 2016. "Farm-level Adaptation to Climate Change in Western Bangladesh: An Analysis of Adaptation Dynamics, Profitability and Risks," Discussion Papers Series 576, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Subhasis Mandal & B. Maji & S. K. Sarangi & K. K. Mahanta & U. K. Mandal & D. Burman & S. Digar & M. Mainuddin & P. C. Sharma, 2020. "Economics of cropping system intensification for small-holder farmers in coastal salt-affected areas in West Bengal: options, challenges and determinants," DECISION: Official Journal of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, Springer;Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, vol. 47(1), pages 19-33, March.
- repec:oup:apecpp:v:40:y:2018:i:3:p:353-378. is not listed on IDEAS
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Rao, P. Parthasarathy & Birthal, P. S. & Joshi, P. K. & Kar, D., 2004. "Agricultural diversification in India and role of urbanization," MTID discussion papers 77, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bathla, Seema, 2014. "Public and Private Capital Formation and Agricultural Growth in India: State Level Analysis of Inter-linkages during Pre- and Post-reform Periods," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 27(1).
- Lee, Hyunok & Blank, Steven C., 2004.
"A Statistical Profile of Horticultural Crop Farm Industries in California,"
11931, University of California, Davis, Giannini Foundation.
- Lee, Hyunok & Blank, Steven C., 2004. "A Statistical Profile of Horticultural Crop Farm Industries in California," Research Reports 251934, University of California, Davis, Giannini Foundation.
- Grow, Shelly & Greene, Catherine R., 2007. "Impact of international organic markets on small U.S. producers," 105th Seminar, March 8-10, 2007, Bologna, Italy 7862, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Saule Burkitbayeva & Emma Janssen & Jo Swinnen, 2019.
"Technology Adoption and Value Chains in Developing Countries: Panel Evidence from Dairy in Punjab,"
Working Papers of LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance
634342, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance.
- Saule Burkitbayeva & Emma Janssen & Johan Swinnen, 2019. "Technology Adoption and Value Chains in Developing Countries: Panel Evidence from Dairy in Punjab," LICOS Discussion Papers 41019, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Saule Burkitbayeva & Emma Janssen & Jo Swinnen, 2019. "Technology Adoption and Value Chains in Developing Countries: Panel Evidence from Dairy in Punjab," Working Papers of Department of Economics, Leuven 634342, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), Department of Economics, Leuven.
- Vagneron, Isabelle, 2007.
"Economic appraisal of profitability and sustainability of peri-urban agriculture in Bangkok,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 516-529, March.
- Vagneron, I., 2006. "Economic Appraisal of Profitability and Sustainability of Peri-Urban Agriculture in Bangkok," Working Papers MoISA 200614, UMR MoISA : Montpellier Interdisciplinary center on Sustainable Agri-food systems (social and nutritional sciences): CIHEAM-IAMM, CIRAD, INRAE, L'Institut Agro, Montpellier SupAgro, IRD - Montpellier, France.
- Birthal, Pratap S. & Roy, Devesh & Negi, Digvijay S., 2015. "Assessing the Impact of Crop Diversification on Farm Poverty in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 70-92.
- Supawat Rungsuriyawiboon & Xiaobing Wang, 2009. "Agricultural productivity growth in traditional and transitional economies in Asia," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 23(2), pages 52-72, November.
- Nehring, Richard F. & Gillespie, Jeffrey M. & Hallahan, Charles B. & Sauer, Johannes, 2012. "Economic Efficiency of U.S. Organic Versus Conventional Dairy Farms: Evidence from 2005 and 2010," 2012 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2012, Birmingham, Alabama 119769, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Keil, Alwin & Saint-Macary, Camille & Zeller, Manfred, 2013. "Intensive Commercial Agriculture in Fragile Uplands of Vietnam: How to Harness its Poverty Reduction Potential while Ensuring Environmental Sustainability?," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-Universitaat zu Berlin, vol. 52(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Minten, Bart & Reardon, Thomas & Vandeplas, Anneleen, 2009. "Linking urban consumers and rural farmers in India: A comparison of traditional and modern food supply chains," IFPRI discussion papers 883, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Wang, H. Holly & Ge, Yuanlong, 2008. "Will Too Many Lower Quality Fruits Damage The Organic Market," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 36976, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- S.Mahendra Dev & N. Chandrasekhara Rao, 2008. "Food Processing in Andhra Pradesh Opportunities and Challenges," Working Papers id:1660, eSocialSciences.
- Enjolras, Geoffroy & Capitanio, Fabian & Adinolfi, Felice, 2012. "The Demand for Crop Insurance: Combined Approaches for France and Italy," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 13(1), pages 1-18.
- Raghav Gaiha & Katsushi Imai, 2006. "Agricultural growth, employment and wage rates in developing countries," Economics Discussion Paper Series 0621, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Seng, Kimty, 2014. "Determinants of Farmers’ Agricultural Diversification: The Case of Cambodia," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development, Asian Economic and Social Society (AESS), vol. 4(08), pages 1-15, August.
- Singh, Sukhpal, 2006. "Corporate Farming in India: Is it must for Agricultural Development?," IIMA Working Papers WP2006-11-06, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Birzer, Todd & Badgery, Warwick, 2006. "Organic wheat farming in Australia: issues farmers face," AFBM Journal, Australasian Farm Business Management Network, vol. 3(2), pages 1-13.
- Singh, K.M. & Singh, R.K.P. & Jha, A.K. & Kumar, Abhay, 2013. "A Micro Analysis of Fodder Production and Marketing in India: The Case of Bihar," MPRA Paper 53548, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Inocencio, Arlene & McCornick, Peter G., 2007. "Irrigation investments in India in the last three decades: an analysis of economic performance," IWMI Research Reports H040762, International Water Management Institute.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aerrae:47881. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aeraiea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aeraiea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.