Preferences for crop insurance when farmers are diversified
The government intends to rely on an insurance-based solution to yield risk. Therefore, it is important to identify which characteristics most affect a grower's decision regarding whether or not to use crop insurance. This case study uses California cross-sectional survey data to directly compare the relative effects of three types of characteristics that are expected to influence insurance preferences. In general, results from the model estimated indicate that preferences for crop insurance are a function of the commodities produced and the risk environment faced by individual growers. © 1996 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 12 (1996)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Knight, Thomas O. & Lovell, Ashley C. & Rister, M. Edward & Coble, Keith H., 1989. "An Analysis Of Lenders' Influence On Agricultural Producers' Risk Management Decisions," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 21(02), December.
- Blank, Steven C., 1990. "Returns To Limited Crop Diversification," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 15(02), December.
- Bernard V. Tew & Donald W. Reid & Giles T. Rafsnider, 1992. "Rational Mean-Variance Decisions for Subsistence Farmers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(6), pages 840-845, June.
- Liapis, Peter S. & Moffitt, L. Joe, 1983. "Economic Analysis Of Cotton Integrated Pest Management Strategies," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 15(01), July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:agribz:v:12:y:1996:i:6:p:583-592. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.