Determinants of Participation in a Catastrophe Insurance Programme: Empirical Evidence from a Developing Country
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dong, Weimin & Shah, Haresh & Wong, Felix, 1996. "A Rational Approach to Pricing of Catastrophe Insurance," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 12(2-3), pages 201-218, May.
- Goes, Anne & Skees, Jerry R., 2003. "Financing Natural Disaster Risk Using Charity Contributions And Ex Ante Index Insurance," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22188, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Xavier Giné & Robert Townsend & James Vickery, 2007.
"Statistical Analysis of Rainfall Insurance Payouts in Southern India,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(5), pages 1248-1254.
- Gine, Xavier & Townsend, Robert & Vickery, James, 2007. "Statistical analysis of rainfall insurance payouts in southern India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4426, The World Bank.
- Warren Kriesel & Craig Landry, 2004. "Participation in the National Flood Insurance Program: An Empirical Analysis for Coastal Properties," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 71(3), pages 405-420, September.
- Philip Ganderton & David Brookshire & Michael McKee & Steve Stewart & Hale Thurston, 2000.
"Buying Insurance for Disaster-Type Risks: Experimental Evidence,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 271-289, May.
- Ganderton, Philip T. & Brookshire, David S. & McKee, Michael & Stewart, Steve & Thurston, Hale, 2000. "Buying Insurance for Disaster-Type Risks: Experimental Evidence," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 271-289, May.
- Colin F. Camerer & Howard Kunreuther, 1989. "Decision processes for low probability events: Policy implications," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(4), pages 565-592.
- Steven C. Blank & Jeffrey McDonald, 1996.
"Preferences for crop insurance when farmers are diversified,"
Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(6), pages 583-592.
- Blank, Steven C. & McDonald, Jeffrey, 1995. "Preferences for crop insurance when farmers are diversified," WAEA/ WFEA Conference Archive 291738, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Ham, John C. & Shore-Sheppard, Lara, 2005.
"The effect of Medicaid expansions for low-income children on Medicaid participation and private insurance coverage: evidence from the SIPP,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 57-83, January.
- Lara D. Shore-Sheppard & John C. Ham, 2003. "The Effect of Medicaid Expansions for Low-Income Children on Medicaid Participation and Private Insurance Coverage : Evidence from the SIPP," Department of Economics Working Papers 2003-10, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Lewis, Tracy & Nickerson, David, 1989. "Self-insurance against natural disasters," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 209-223, May.
- Neil Adger, W., 1999. "Social Vulnerability to Climate Change and Extremes in Coastal Vietnam," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 249-269, February.
- Barry J. Barnett & Jerry R. Skees, 1995. "Region and Crop Specific Models of the Demand for Federal Crop Insurance," Journal of Insurance Issues, Western Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 18(2), pages 47-65.
- Brookshire, David S & Thayer. Mark A & Tschirhart, John & Schulze, William D, 1985. "A Test of the Expected Utility Model: Evidence from Earthquake Risks," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(2), pages 369-389, April.
- Shahidur R. Khandker, 2005.
"Microfinance and Poverty: Evidence Using Panel Data from Bangladesh,"
World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 19(2), pages 263-286.
- Khandker, Shahidur R., 2003. "Microfinance and poverty - evidence using panel data from Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2945, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Uddin, Mohammed Ahmar, 2017. "Microinsurance in India: Insurance literacy and demand," Business and Economic Horizons (BEH), Prague Development Center (PRADEC), vol. 13(2).
- Martin Eling & Shailee Pradhan & Joan T Schmit, 2014. "The Determinants of Microinsurance Demand," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 39(2), pages 224-263, April.
- Awel Y. & Azomahou T.T., 2015. "Risk preference or financial literacy? Behavioural experiment on index insurance demand," MERIT Working Papers 2015-005, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Sonia Akter & Roy Brouwer & Saria Choudhury & Salina Aziz, 2009. "Is there a commercially viable market for crop insurance in rural Bangladesh?," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 215-229, March.
- Aloysius G. Brata & Piet Rietveld & Henri L.F. de Groot & Budy P. Resosudarmo & Wouter Zant, 2014. "Living with the Merapi Volcano: Risks and Disaster Microinsurance," Departmental Working Papers 2014-13, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Mohammed Ahmar Uddin, 2017. "Microinsurance in India: Insurance literacy and demand," Business and Economic Horizons (BEH), Prague Development Center, vol. 13(2), pages 182-191, May.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer/Household Economics; Environmental Economics and Policy; International Development; Risk and Uncertainty;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CWA-2008-11-18 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2008-11-18 (Development)
- NEP-ENV-2008-11-18 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2008-11-18 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-MFD-2008-11-18 (Microfinance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aare08:5984. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaresea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.